Thread: Hidden regions in ETW (China, South Africa)?

Icon4 Hidden regions in ETW (China, South Africa)?

Hi everyone,

So I read this thread from 2010 about the ETW campaign map and uanime5 wrote:
    "While checking the regions mentioned in the regions.esf I wondered whether CA had made a world map but had hidden some of the unplayable regions. To test this I edited the coordinates of the India theatre so that I could travel beyond the wooden border. I found that to the right of the Indonesia region there was a Chinese Empire region and a South Chinese Sea."

Here is the thread:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...to-the-ETW-map

I opened regions.esf and under Region_data I found this:

As you can see there are several regions that doesn't appear on the campaign map: South Africa, China, South China Sea, etc.

So my question is: does anyone know how to change the camera so it's possible to view outside the wooden board? There must be a way since uanime5 managed to do it back in 2010.

(PS: I have set up a discord for ETW modders - please send me a PM and I can invite you!)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Hidden regions in ETW (China, South Africa)?

Intresting find and I wonder what else have CA created, but not added to the game.

One thing I found was this and that makes me believe that CA actually had in mind to have merchants in-game similiar to what M2TW had, but for a reason unknown to me CA cut it out.

I checked that and is still present in the game files with the value 'false' instead of 'true'. Further more Prussia and Sweden are not the only nations that's tied to that as I also find it for Austria and GB.

Anyway, why not move this thread to here to be discussed instead of discussing it on Discord.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hey Leonardo, that is interesting regarding Habbol Bentzer! I would like to move to that thread and ask the same question but I can't post new threads there.

I'm trying to get together ETW modders. Säker att du inte vill joina discord?

Quote Originally Posted by scaniavikings View Post
    Hey Leonardo, that is interesting regarding Habbol Bentzer! I would like to move to that thread and ask the same question but I can't post new threads there.

I'm trying to get together ETW modders.
    That's why I think it's better to move the thread to the Modding Discussion forum.

Of course you can post new a thread, but what you cannot do is to edit your post before having 25 posts and be a member for more than a week.

It's simple to move a thread and that's to report the OP with a request to move the thread to the forum you want.

Säker att du inte vill joina discord?
    It is not allowed to speak other language than English on the board unless it's sanctioned by staff, but I know there is a forum for other languages including the Scandinavian languages.

Yes, I am sure I don't want to join Discord, because I don't like chat never has I suppose.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

You could try PM'ing unanime or asking him directly somehow. Sara Temer may also have some input but for S2TW (which while related is not 100%).

Unanime is still semi active. I doubt you will find many people able to help you in this quest, rather, you will have to try it yourself. This is what happened when I tried to explore modding the AI.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

This was posted in the steam community a few days ago by DJ RAh:

Last edited by scaniavikings; May 01, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

This was posted in the steam community a few days ago by DJ RAh:

Anyone knows which mod this is?
    To be honest this isn’t the china area of etw its literally india changed visually
    this is part of acw remastered + victorian age conflicts

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    To be honest this isn’t the china area of etw its literally india changed visually
    Indo-China (Vietnam, Cambodja, Laos, Thailand to the west)?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Indo-China (Vietnam, Cambodja, Laos, Thailand to the west)?
    its supposed to be china but
    its still looks like india and adjusting the look up map isnt so easy without photoshop on my new laptop

Yeah I realized that after posting the screenshot. Tried to delete the post but I couldn't do it...