Thread: Tips Please - Allied Armies Stagnant in my Territory

Default Tips Please - Allied Armies Stagnant in my Territory

Greeting friends. Does anyone know how to get an allied army to move out of your territory?

I'm playing as Athens, and I'm allied with the Odrysians. They helped me take Krete more than 20 turns ago, but they've left a full army sitting in Krete ever since. Even though we are both at war on several fronts, they are just keeping their army on standby in Krete. Thankfully I'm producing more than enough food to keep them supplied, but that Army would definitely be useful in the wider war.

One thought I have is to cancel "military access" but I'm worried about what that will do to our relationship. They are effectively protecting the Danuban frontier (and my northern flank), and I like keeping them on my side, but they are being pressed hard by the Getae, and the need that army to help protect themselves. I've tried setting an allied target, but that's not working.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Tips Please - Allied Armies Stagnant in my Territory

1) try to turn on/off the option where you can decide to follow ai moves or not. change it for 1/2 turns and see if it has any effect
    or
    2) use the cheat pack and kill their sleeping armies (or even agents)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...clever-people!

This is great! Thank you!

Sorry for posting on same topic in two places. Was having issues getting mod to work but after changing up the load order a few times the Mod worked wonderfully. I cleared out at least 6 allied armies that have been sitting idle in my territories about 20 turns. A few allied agents as well. Hope this helps my Satropies and allies get busy taking care of their home territory.

I think I broke the AI by setting the War Coordination Target in the Diplomacy options. Two of my Allies, Knossos and Rhodes, sent troops via ship to help me with siege of Petra after I set the War Target. They came via ship, helped with the siege, reinforced my siege battle but then they never went home. A few other allied armies in the same boat near other War Coordination Targets that I set after.

I wont be using the War Coordination Target feature again unless I'm really, really in dire need. If I do use this feature, I'll be deleting(via the delete AI mod) the allied armies that come to assist immediately after I win or lose the War Coordination battles I dont have alllies sitting there idle indefinitely.
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; March 12, 2022 at 10:35 PM.