Thread: Battle editor?

Default Battle editor?

Is there anybody who managed to the open battle editor to create their unique battles after entering the necessary commands in the medieval2.preference file? It works perfectly well for stainless steel for me, but in tsardoms ''set victory conditions'' screen is so blurred (shown in the image) with faction symbols that i cannot manage to create teams. Any solution for it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ekran Resmi 2021-03-09 23.24.33.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	364709

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Battle editor?

Sadly we have no knowledge or experience with the battle editor. We have not created any custom battles for the mod.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Oh I ever though anyone would use this editor. I had to remove the references to strateditor.tga to fix the UI crash because we had too many icons. To make it work, make a backup of data/ui/strategy.sd and strategy.sd.xml, then copy these 2 file from one of the previous Tsardoms versions. Then replace them again when not using the editor because otherwise the campaign icons and buttoms will be messed up.

It would be cool if people would create some custom historical battles, I'll happily add them to the mod itself. Sadly I never had time to make some of my own
    Last edited by jurcek1987; May 07, 2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Oh I ever though anyone would use this editor. I had to remove the references to strateditor.tga to fix the UI crash because we had too many icons. To make it work, make a backup of data/ui/strategy.sd and strategy.sd.xml, then copy these 2 file from one of the previous Tsardoms versions. Then replace them again when not using the editor because otherwise the campaign icons and buttoms will be messed up.

It would be cool if people would create some custom historical battles, I'll happily add them to the mod itself. Sadly I never had time to make some of my own
    Thank you for your help and attention. If i got it correct; i replaced strategy.sd and strategy.sd.xml files of 1.5 version with the corresponding files of 1.4. But nothing has changed in the editor screen. Do you mean pre-1.4 versions of the game with ''one of the previous Tsardoms versions''?

still waiting for a response.

I'll look into it. Do you remember, did the editor work in any of the older versions of the mod?

It doesn't work in 1.5 and 1.4 versions. I don't know the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    nothing has changed with these files. the problem is solved only when i remove these files completely. in this case, there is no faction symbols in ''set the victory conditions'' screen yet teams and victory conditions are selectable. But even though i set the parameters correctly, when i select the test battle in the historical screen and press start battle button, it returns to the main historical battles screen, regardless of whether I relocate the four ui files of 1.5 version or not.

battle test files are here; i don't know the problem.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...m1?usp=sharing