Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.5 Announcement - Here we go again on our own... & 3.4 Download

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Total Vanilla Beyond 3.5 Announcement - Here we go again on our own... & 3.4 Download

Dearest Gals and Guys,

it has been a year or so. But now I will be working on some fixes for TVB, which I am aware of or do some small changes.
    I will scan the 3.3 post for anything I can fix or any other post.

Meanwhile here is a newly assembled download for a 3.4 version (which will be not labeled correctly in the main screen, etc) I fixed an issue with Damascene Recruitment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j5d...3Bc4M23sq/view

So, if you want to, you can post bugs you are aware of here so I can have a look at it and try to fix them for the 3.5.

In the post below I will assemble every bug I am aware of and update the status of the bug.

xoxo zumi
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.5 Announcement - Here we go again on our own... & 3.4 Download

- Dismounted Latinkon Texture Bug - solved
    Last edited by 4zumi; April 24, 2021 at 06:35 AM.

Author of
    Developer of

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.5 Announcement - Here we go again on our own... & 3.4 Download

Second armour upgrade texture for italian Crossbow Militia is bugged

Awesome news!

Also bug report: many units are missing unit_select voices in export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt (and don't respond to being selected on the battlemap)

In some battle maps there is a weird black ship. Sometimes buried in dirt or sand, sometimes is fully exposed. Also, jihad's banner above jihad's armies is black. But I don't know if it's a bug or it was meant to be like that

Any other planned changes outside of bug fixes?

Foederatus

Thank you for your continues support

Can you post 3.4 changelog?

Thanks for the reports. And my god, it is already three month (during which i moved towns, started a new job and a new life - just now I am slowly start to settle down.)

I think 3.4 were some smaller bugfixes, shild glitches, etc. nothing major. So I am to lazy or am not able to post a change log But I try to keep notes

Author of
    Developer of

Yaay, 4zumi is alive ! Maybe I could play as Ethiopia in Total Coffee someday

Cheers and thanks for your work.

Some housekeeping in export_descr_ancillaries:
    - crown_jerusalem should be Type Title rather than Type Crown_Jerusalem, otherwise the trigger checking hasAncType Title doesn't seem correct
    - title_mecca should be Type MinorTitle rather than Type Title and the trigger should check hasAncType MinorTitle rather than hasAncType Title, otherwise Mecca has no MinorTitle and this is a rather strange generally available Title

lmk if I am just wrong

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Artorath View Post
    Cheers and thanks for your work.

Some housekeeping in export_descr_ancillaries:
    - crown_jerusalem should be Type Title rather than Type Crown_Jerusalem, otherwise the trigger checking hasAncType Title doesn't seem correct
    - title_mecca should be Type MinorTitle rather than Type Title and the trigger should check hasAncType MinorTitle rather than hasAncType Title, otherwise Mecca has no MinorTitle and this is a rather strange generally available Title

lmk if I am just wrong
    Message was passed on and she is thankful =D will be fixed for next release

From what I've seen the campaign ai is quite bad at taking rebel settlements, consistently doesn't send enough force to sieges.
    For now I think I will restart after pulling the descr_campaign_ai_db file from original mod and see if I get better results https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2503372130
    Edit: of course protestant has to be added and adjusted
    Last edited by Artorath; September 17, 2021 at 02:51 AM.

Hello everyone,
    I notice in vanilla during siege, AI only makes 1 siege tower and 1 ladder, therefore almost always losing siege.
    Does this mod have challenging AI during the siege? Thanks!

Lithuanian Dismounted Chivarlic Knights have hungarian ones shields. Cavarly doesn't have that problem, only infantry.

Hey, just a quick bug report and fix. It seems that one of the mesoamerican triggers keep adding the badtrader trait to non mesoamerican governors every turn.

Adding "and CultureType mesoamerican" to the trigger "not_building_trade_meso" seems to fix the problem.

Polish cities and castles get access to crossbow militia,
    yet the city unit cards are different from the castle unit cards,
    hence retraining one from the other is impossible despite them having the same name.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Everything above has been passed onto Azumi =P hopefully a mini patch will come in the future with all these fixes

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Hello, I have some bugs to report and some humble suggestions that you may or may not take into consideration.

Trade bug – under the trade tab, there are some wrong icons. Salt, for example, is shown as piece of gold. (See pic.reference)

Spear militia/Slavic levy unit in castle barracks – first level of barracks in castle chain buildings allows me to build Spear militia. Second level onward replaces Spear militia with Slavic levies. They both have same stats and attributes, however slavic militia only has 120 men, while Spear militia have 150 men. Essentially, tier 2 barracks and higher gives you weaker unit than tier 1 barracks (unless I miss some hidden attributes of Slavic levy) Consequently, city barracks, which only allows me to build Spear militia, produce stronger unit, than castle barracks. (Perhaps not bug but some hidden meaning I do not understood)

Resource bug – Salt resource in Pannonia province, right beneath Carpathian hills is bugged. Budapest does not produce salt, and mines built only affects coal resource.

Further are only suggestions
    Kassa (Košice) settlement should be south of Carpathian mountains, not north. Either move settlement, or rename settlement to Halych, then rename actual Halych to Lviv or some other city.

Border between Pannonia and Moravia should follow mountain ridge, or go west of that ridge, not east. (See pic for reference)

Remove Coal in Pannonia province (basically in Carpathia mountains) There were no coal mines of any importance. I think it is supposed to represent Silesia/Northern Moravia, which again, is on northwestern slopes of Carpathians. Instead of coal you could add gold, silver or copper. All of these were mined extensively since antiquity. Around one third of european gold production came from northern Carpathians, part of kingdom.

Allow recruiting of feudal knights in castle level stables instead of Fortress. Despite popular idea that hungarian army was full of cavalry archers, soon after creation of kingdom in 1000 AD there were western knights of german origin, as well as local slavic nobles, who used western equipment and tactics. Generally, much more balanced armies than just spam of cavalry archers.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Majkl; December 16, 2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Forgot pictures

Majkl's Avatar Miles

One more bug I encountered today. Polish tier 2 archery building (in castle) allows for recruiting crrossbow militia. The descripiton lack reference picture. (shows RTW peasants)
    EDIT:
    During battles sometimes you can see shape of giant black longboat of similar warship usually floating somewhere in back of battlefield.
    Armies on Jihad have small black flag on top instead of crescent moon on golden field.
    Last edited by Majkl; January 11, 2022 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added some more