Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

  1. #1

    Default so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	284.1 KB 
ID:	364697

  2. #2

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    i have 0% empire maintenance 90% of my campaign because my priority was economy at first.

    I usually have a budget surplus worth capable of having 0 income in 3-5 turns to fund my wars without worrying money. Im on turn 144 with 605% research rate.

    (I prioritize traits focused on public order, tax, foreign PO reduction)

    I feel like im at the point in the game wherein I should create a new campaign in higher difficulty as rome.

  3. #3

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Stop playing rome you will feel the drain. They are the easiest faction in the game. Play smth like epirus and then decide if u want to stick to normal or want to go up. Its still kind of problem that late game is not really challenging but there are some submods for it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by adityamars View Post
    Stop playing rome you will feel the drain. They are the easiest faction in the game. Play smth like epirus and then decide if u want to stick to normal or want to go up. Its still kind of problem that late game is not really challenging but there are some submods for it.
    What submods? The only submod I know of that truly makes mid/late game still a challenge is Testudo. Everything else, and I do believe I've tried it all doesn't really do it.

    To OP: Try Ancient Empires for Attila if you're having too easy of a time with DEI mid/late game. Seems to provide a good challenge all the way through, without just insanely buffing the AI factions so they can have far more armies than they should.

  5. #5

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Yeah, me too, way to much money, looking for sub mods to make things more expensive or something right now. Also with battle, I don't know, I'm winning everything with amazing k/d ratios. I even had a battle where I didn't lose a single solider the other day. Winning by losing 200 while they lose 5,000. Looking for submods to make battles harder too. Rome is way to easy, imo.
    Achaia is the Achaean League, and the Peloponnese!

  6. #6

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    1) although rome 2 and Attila look much similar on surface modding is really different for both of them. Rome 2 as much less stuff available compared to Attila.
    2) ai is uneditable in both the games so I am pretty sure they rely on buffing ai as well
    3) u are playing the easiest faction in the game. Rome tends to get really big as an ai faction and is really challenging. Try aoh mod which make all Hellenic faction stronger
    4) the ai and player gets same army nos, its just that they loser settlements and lost imperium and so they have extra armies
    5) kam recently released a submod for late game purpose. It makes the game a bit easier early game but a much tougher late game. If u don't want those early game buffs and want the late game stuff, activate the mod at imperium 4

  7. #7

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Yeah, me too, way to much money, looking for sub mods to make things more expensive or something right now. Also with battle, I don't know, I'm winning everything with amazing k/d ratios. I even had a battle where I didn't lose a single solider the other day. Winning by losing 200 while they lose 5,000. Looking for submods to make battles harder too. Rome is way to easy, imo.
    You can raise battle difficulty if you find its too easy. Normal difficulty is recommended but not required to play the mod. On legendary you will find it very challenging.

  8. #8

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Normal is meant for beginners and the reason we suggest that is because most players who are new will complain that battles are unbalanced and broken. Then, we find they are playing on higher difficulties where stats get warped.

    If you are a veteran or find a faction too easy, I definitely recommend at least Hard if not higher. I think the campaign AI is best on Hard personally.

    ----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

  9. #9

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Thank you for that follow up, I'm definitely a veteran total war player, been playing thousands of hours since rome 1 days, but was always afraid to bump up the DeI difficulty because everyone always says play it on normal. To know we can play on other difficulties is nice to know.
    Achaia is the Achaean League, and the Peloponnese!

  10. #10
    Bento's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you are a veteran or find a faction too easy, I definitely recommend at least Hard if not higher. I think the campaign AI is best on Hard personally.
    The only problem I have with the higher campaign difficulties is that ( due to Rome 2's appalling coding ) it effectively removes Diplomacy from the game - once you go above Normal, no one will trade, no one will accept non-aggression.
    Eg. I just started a new campaign - relations with Rome are Green - positive 41.
    Chance of Trade Agreement - Low.
    Chance of Non-Aggression pact - Low.
    Now if you're a decent sized nation, that's ok, you can maintain, but if you're starting as a single region nation, it is much harder than it needs to be in the early game - lack of trade means low income - I literally cannot afford 1 full stack.

  11. #11

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    The only problem I have with the higher campaign difficulties is that ( due to Rome 2's appalling coding ) it effectively removes Diplomacy from the game - once you go above Normal, no one will trade, no one will accept non-aggression.
    Eg. I just started a new campaign - relations with Rome are Green - positive 41.
    Chance of Trade Agreement - Low.
    Chance of Non-Aggression pact - Low.
    Now if you're a decent sized nation, that's ok, you can maintain, but if you're starting as a single region nation, it is much harder than it needs to be in the early game - lack of trade means low income - I literally cannot afford 1 full stack.
    It should be more difficult because... its the higher diffuculty right? Its true that trade will be much harder to get but on the other hand, I think trade is overpowered and is too easy on normal. With 1 settlement you can still support 1 stack without trade thou, at least its my experience on legendary.

  12. #12

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    It is harder but you basically have to work the system. Join wars, make sure to be very careful what alliances you set, use money, etc. You have to be alot more careful and plan ahead with diplomacy at higher difficulties.

    Its also true that there is a higher chance of random aggression or backstabbing, which is part of the difficulty as well.

    ----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

  13. #13

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It is harder but you basically have to work the system. Join wars, make sure to be very careful what alliances you set, use money, etc. You have to be alot more careful and plan ahead with diplomacy at higher difficulties.

    Its also true that there is a higher chance of random aggression or backstabbing, which is part of the difficulty as well.
    I'm playing on Hard/Normal as Rome and they key thing I've found is declaring war on nations that your desired friends are at war with. I'm having one heck of a time dealing with Carthage and their navy, but I always auto resolve naval battles cause I don't understand how to fight them.

  14. #14
    Drowsy's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,204

    Default Re: so much money... is this normal??? I think i should try hard or maybe very hard campaign in the future.

    I'd much rather whip my back with a piece of leather like those one god people than play a naval battle manually

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •