Thread: Rhodian Slinger Range Bonus not working

Default Rhodian Slinger Range Bonus not working

Is the Rhodian slinger ranged bonus bugged or am i just blind? Still says 215 on the unit card which is the base. Is it a visual bug? Can't seem to get and answer for this and it's driving me nuts.

Default Re: Rhodian Slinger Range Bonus not working

Range is weird, the stat has to be a huge bonus to work. Have you tested it in battle?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I have yes, in the campaign obviously, not custom battle. I thought that it would only apply in battle as well but sadly no.

Anyways what i have noticed about the Rhodian slingers is they are getting a reload speed bonus instead, it's only +1 but it's something. All none Rhodos faction Rhodian slingers don't get the +1 to reload speed, not sure what that means but there you go.

Still gonna play with Rhodos cause i don't really care that much about the range bonus, it's not knowing if it's actually bugged or not is what bothers me.

On another note, since i have your attention i did a quick look at some other factions to check for similar faction bonus inconsistencies and Saka Rauka's heavy horses (increased armor) bonus is being applied to all units, infantry, horse archers etc. Not just heavy cavalry.

Playing with Kaedrins Mod Manager.

Thanks for your time.

After doing a little tinkering with the files, its seems like it might be hardcoded that armor bonuses always apply to every unit rather than specific types. That being said, I don't think its an overpowered bonus for the Saka since most units only get 1 point of armor anyway, and the heavier units getting more feels appropriate.

Its actually meant to apply to all units, I just forgot to change the wording of the effect.

Also for Rhodes - the effect is for their reload, not range. The effect text is wrong there too. We changed it awhile back.
    Last edited by Dresden; April 29, 2021 at 02:57 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its actually meant to apply to all units, I just forgot to change the wording of the effect.

Also for Rhodes - the effect is for their reload, not range. The effect text is wrong there too. We changed it awhile back.
    Yea that's what i figured. Pretty much all i wanted to know.

Just want to say i really appreciate the work you guys did with the mod, been playing it on/off for the past 3 years and would have quit the game a long time ago if not for it.

Again, thanks for your time.