Thread: MAARC LXXXVIII - the winners!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXVIII - the winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture & Video Competitions | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXXVIII

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Osaka by Hitai de Bodemloze. Hitai has provided us with an AAR containing both political intrigue and action right from the beginning. The characters are well-realised, the writing is atmospheric, and the story is gripping. This win cements Hitai's place at the top of the Hall of Fame, giving him a total of 38 Writers' Study competition points.

In SECOND PLACE is Cookie Caliphate by Cookiegod. Cookiegod's AAR is completely different in tone and style from Hitai's. It's lively and packed with images - and since it's an interactive AAR, the readers' posts have a notable effect on the plot, which adds to the fun of reading the thread! For winning second place, Cookiegod receives two Writers' Study Competition points, which means he now has a total of 7 points and has earned a bronze Writers' Study Competition medal!

Thanks to all those who entered and those who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the original voting thread is here, and the tie-break thread is here.

Default Re: MAARC LXXXVIII - the winners!

These are two pretty funny winners to have standing back to back. Definitely both deserving of medals, but just so ridiculously different in their approaches to things. A fun run of the MAARC to be sure though, and I was glad to be part of it.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I agree, their approaches are very different. Congratulations Hitai and Cookiegod, and thanks Caillagh for hosting the competition!

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that - I only entered to keep the ball rolling Many thanks to all who voted, congratulations to Cookie on second, and commiserations to Kilo

Campidoctor

Congratz! ^o^

No worries, Hitai. Since you took first, you can't enter the next round, and I'll have caught to you in the Hall of Fame in no time

But seriously, you totally deserved first for your AAR. It is rich and interesting, and is keeping alive a whole AAR subforum which still has loads of stories worth telling!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Congrats Hitai and Cookie! Though I will never forgive your betrayal Cookie

Thanks Caillagh for running the show.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Congratulations Hitai and Cookie, both well deserving winners. And thanks Caillagh for organising this months MAARC.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.