Thread: DarthMod startup error

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default DarthMod startup error

Hey guys, hadn't played Empire in a while and just started to really feel like playing again.

I've had Darthmod installed on my PC for a long time and never had any problems with it, until now.

It has started doing the following upon opening the DME launcher:

Upon clicking "Start", it displays the following error boxes, one after another:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\aum_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\msc_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\nvy_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\snd_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\unt_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\skn_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

So I checked that path, and sure enough, in the listed folder under "Packs" the above do not exist.

There is a windows batch file called "cst_on" and it's the only thing in the folder with the same naming convention as the above. The rest are .pack files that all start with DME_

The reason this is so strange is that it's not a fresh install or anything. It's been sat there on my PC for years, never being a problem, and then suddenly it has..... deleted its own files somehow???

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: DarthMod startup error

Anyone? Anything?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I suggest that you move Steam from the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder, preferably to another partition on your HDD.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7710-TDLC-0426
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

You might have deleted the files without remembering you did it. Why don't you install Darthmod again.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I don't think reinstalling DME would help, instead the OP may have missed to do something and the only thing I can think of is to change the setting from DME - Vanilla to DME - Ready.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.