Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event][The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] TES Newbloods VIII

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [GS Event][The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] TES Newbloods VIII

The Elder Scrolls Newbloods VIII
    - Iliac Bay -

Welcome To Tamriel dear Newbloods!

We will be using The Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 for The Elder Scrolls. Info about the mod and download links can be found here.. This campaign shall be taking place in Hammerfell and High Rock, during the so called Ranser's War.

It will be moderated by Gaming Staff and only Newbloods may partake.

A Newblood is somebody who has just recently joined us, having no or little experience in Hotseating. If you are new and wish to challenge yourself for the chance at the reward then feel free to sign up; but keep in mind that we'd like to avoid replacements so if you plan to vanish off the face of the planet or are unable to make the 24 hour turns, we'd appreciate if you'd refrain from requesting a position here.

Rewards of a TES customized personal Signature, a bronze sword medal (1st level of gaming winner medal) and Reputation (15 rep) will be given to the winner.

Scenario Description

In the year 2E 563, after the beginning of the second Wayrest dynasty, the young King Emeric Cumberland began a search for his bride. His first choice was Rayelle, daughter of King Ranser of Sharnhelm, but before the marriage contracts were wrought, Emeric instead married Maraya, the Redguard princess of Sentinel. This stunned courtiers across the land, and prompted bards to sing songs of Maraya's bewitching beauty. However, strategists saw the move as strengthening the trade between High Rock and Sentinel. After Emeric's Wedding in 566, High Rock readied itself for a golden age of commerce. Three moons later, it was bracing for a bloody civil war.
    Rivenspire was known as the backwater of High Rock. Ranser was known as a "surly hillsman", a child of the north, known for his bitter temper and brutal rule. Emeric's slight was too much for him to bear.
    With an army of Northern Tamriel's surliest mercenaries and a host of his own people, he descended from the mountains to cut a bloody swath to the Iliac Bay. Emeric was caught unprepared. It was only the spirited defense of his Lion Guard that saved Wayrest from being razed to the ground. Ranser had hoped for a swift victory. Instead, he was forced into a protracted siege.
    The long siege dragged on into spring, both sides of conflict searching for allies... Which side shall you join?

Admin - Jadli
    Co-admin - REDBOOSTY(REDBOOSTY#0839)

Factions
    Faction - player (discord ID)

Kingdom of Shornhelm -
    Lord Kroq-Gar(Lord Kroq-Gar#0058 )
    Kingdom of New Orsinium - Rob Dingusson(Rob Dingusson#3088)
    Clan of Crowns- Ithilrandir(Ithilrandir#5331 )
    Kingdom of Daggerfall - Vorstag(Vorstag#5735)
    Clan of Forebears - OPEN

Kingdom of Wayrest - Scripted Samurai
    (ScriptedSamurai#6597) DEAD
    Kingdom of Evemore - DEAD

Events
    Planemeld

Map updates
    It is not allowed to enter any of the starting rebel regions.

Turn 1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    will show soon

The Rules
    - Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant an extension occasionally.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed: Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.

- Suiciding a faction you play is not allowed, and may result into a removal from all GS events.
    - All features of the mod allowed, such as necromancy or declaring yourself a vampire.

- List of known bugs:

1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.
    2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8 ) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- No one turn peace ( although you cannot attack enemy land of the opponent, if he has notplayed his first turn yet. You can cross lands of a faction that hasnt played its 1st turn yet, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after its mvement).
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. In some matches manual battles against AI will be allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - Heroic victories against players are not be allowed. However, occasionally it happens player cant get any other type of victory then heroic victory. In such cases heroic victories may be allowed, but only if the odds are higher for the attacker than 1:1.
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    -You are not allowed to build watchtowers.

- Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement.
    Ballistas can assault wooden walls and forts,
    catapults can also assault basic stone walls/castles,
    and trebuchets can also assault also large stone walls and fortresses.

- Huge stone walls, citadels amd capitals cannot be assaulted by any unit of siege equipment, only a siege. Capitals are Daggerfall, Sharnhelm, Wayrest, Evermore, New Orsinium, Sentinel, Taneth

Agent rules
    - Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for capitals its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for capitals), than spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - However, if you receive a mission from Dark Brotherhood or Morag Tong (or similar), you are allowed to assassinate the target. (you need to show the mission scroll)
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.

Settlement rules
    - Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    - Two factions can trade maximally one settlement per turn. All spawned units but one must be disbanded. Such settlements musnt be in war zone.

Hotseating Guides
    Hotseating is turning Medieval II into a very different game, making you play in a very different way than if you played just singleplayer.
    - Thus, it is recommended to check out
    List of Hotseat Guides, where you can find lot of useful information to crush your enemies. ( will soon be updated to 2.0.2.)
    - I aslo highly recommend you to check out my
    TES HS guide, where you can find more information about how the mod works, as there might be some features you are not used to.
    Last edited by Jadli; January 26, 2023 at 03:49 PM.

Default Re: [GS Event][The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] TES Newbloods VIII

Sharnhelm - Discord name is Lord Aiden Direnni

Default Re: [GS Event][The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] TES Newbloods VIII

Kingdom of Daggerfall, discord Vorstag#5735

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Newbloods VI is still going lmao

So since that makes me a newblood can I join this
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

One thing I'm wondering if it's allowed; can players DM each other through Discord in order to do "Under the table" deals. It's perfectly fine if it's not, but I was wondering if that's an option.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Not only can you message eachother outside of the game, I would encourage you to.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, up to you... Generally, I personally use the ingame messags for "RP" mesages, while I use other means for informal communication

Hey guys I'm new. But I'd like to sign up for the Clan of Forebears.

I sign up for TES as `RV|CTG.

Gaming Emeritus

alright, welcome! Which faction?

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

can potentially be CO-admin
    If you want me Jadli<3
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Gaming Emeritus

That would be great!

Kingdom of New Orsinium. Discord: Rob Dingusson

Clan of crowns. Discord: Abdoer#4461

Gaming Emeritus

All yours!

Gaming Emeritus

I believe I have the last guys, but kinda busy, so we should start this weekend

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, well lets leave Evemore AI and lets get this going! Wayrest up! https://www.mediafire.com/file/3w3qa...st_T1.sav/file

I also let the Reach as AI. You are not allowed leave High Rock/Hammerfall province. All other factions evaporated (except our favourite one )

Make sure to read the rules, as there might be many things that you might be confused about, as its your first HS, so feel free to ask me or REDBOOSTY. And aslo read the introductory text to Ranser War in the first post I suppose, to get into some small RP perhaps...

We are using UP 2.0.2 with FULL/EOP, so you might need to use the switcher to change your version to it (if you are currently playing SP campaign, you just switch back and forth each time). Try to load the first save to confirm that your version is correct.

Well, better to not delay this, so I wish the fortune of The Nine to all of you (actually, not to the redguards with their yokudan pantheon, and definitely not to the barbaric orsimers with their Malacath and Trinimac worship )!

Last edited by Jadli; May 09, 2021 at 03:52 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Scripted Samurai, you broke the rule about "no" one turn peace by sending Edmund into Orsinium lands, which you were not allowed to.

Lets resolve it by you sending him back to your lands on your next turn.

Read the rules guys

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast