View Poll Results: Do we keep this rule? - During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

5 41.67%
  • No

7 58.33%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

ITs all included in the download I sent you, it already as EOP, it includes the hotfix. So you just download and play

Dont change any settings in the EOP launcher (TES UP.exe)

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, we begin, The Empire is up! https://www.mediafire.com/file/gel5d...re_T1.sav/file
    (everyone make sure that you can load it now. If you cant, there is something wrong with your install and we need to fix it before your turn. You need to run the mod via TES UP.exe)

Rep to reaktorkern and King Athelstan who will help with admining as well!

Definitely check the guide for online battles (first and second section), as when there will be an online battle, you will have to export it and save its results once played (and then admins implement the results into the HS). Its quite easy, so dont worry. But you should try it before an actual online battle, to make sure it all works fine for you. This is all done via Engine Overhaul Project Tool (made by youneuoy), and its run by the "TES UP.exe" launcher (the launcher you use to run the mod). Its forbidden to change any gameplay settings in TES UP.exe (except graphics and battlefield size)! There might be some battles on first turn in High Rock, so better to look at this asap (I will set the discord channel for battles later).

As we will have to be accessing your turns often to implement battle results, everyone please send me your passwords. So that we dont have to change your password each time.

Make sure to check the rules, as many of you are new to TWC hotseats, so there might be something you are not used to. Feel free to ask me about it, I will gladly explain everything. Regarding other rules, I added the diplomacy rule for when declaring evil. And also allowed the watchtowers (as we dont have forts). I have updated the first post with correct turn order.

As was emphasized before, there is no kings purse to limit number of armies (to limit number of online battles) and we are also using Army Upkeep Script. Understanding how it works is essential for you to not ruin your economy. How it works precisely is explained in the TES guide (or less precisely in game via script on turn 1 in SP, and via traits of generals that are subject to the upkeep). Alchemy crafting doesnt work in a HS (requires console), and for similar reasons you can receive dungeon missions.

And as we have insane 15 players (dont remember when last time there was a HS with so many people), we will have to be very strict on turn times (especially considering that we will be delayed even further by online battles). Hence, the turn time limit as written in the rules will be strictly followed.
    - So if you are late without asking for an extension, you will be skipped. If you were to be skipped two times in row, your faction may be turned AI.
    - If you need a subber for your turn, arrange it before its your turn. He will not get any additional time.

Its of course mandatory to notify next player in turn order that its his turn (posting in the thread doesnt equal a notification. You have to send a DM/PM/VM or whatever works for you). All saves and pics are to be posted in this thread.

The mod has been up for minimally a week, and this thread for a month. So there is no excuse for not being ready to play your first turn due to mod install ( if you have issues with installing, you should have talked to me before, as I asked you to in DMs), or diplomacy, or anything else... If you dont show up to play your first turn on time, your faction might as well be turned AI.

You can obviously use the save to skip the other factions and access your turn, so do it, and prepare your first turn, I also provide a test save, where you can use console commands to properly check things out - test save (admin password in it is "password")

Good luck to all of you in the wars to come!

EDIT Also added the actual starting map into the OP

EDIT 2

Updated the saves to the new situation
    Last edited by Jadli; May 09, 2021 at 05:41 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

uugh, Justin_ and Fubuky dropped, so Im gonna have to alter balance a bit, and make a new save without them in a few hours. If someone wants to switch to their factions, let me know asap

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Wow ok XD.
    That's a bummer.

Appreciate the work you have put into this though

I would like to take Haafingar if it's available.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ural View Post
    I would like to take Haafingar if it's available.
    haaf is taken but eastmarch i think is open now

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, in the end he took Orsinium. Fubuky also changed his mind.

So updated the post with new saves (where Daggerfall and Forebears are AI, and Orsinium played by Ural), as well as the new test save, new map preview (as the orsimer got Orsinium). Did some other minor changes

Hopefully things now go smooth, after sitting on this the whole day
    Last edited by Jadli; May 09, 2021 at 05:54 PM.

Civis

Hey I haven’t send any messages here but I’m going to be helping Jadil whit the Hotseat so if you need help whit something you can also ask me also I ask everybody to be ready when his save comes because as jadil said not having the mod ready is not a good excuse for an extension but i hope everything will go smoothly

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Well my internet takes 10 hours to do the download, and the download failed when I attempted it before. Extra
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

The order of factions in #44 is the turn order right?

Quote Originally Posted by varun_ View Post
    The order of factions in #44 is the turn order right?

no, see #1

Gaming Emeritus

The first post of a thread always includes all the info about the HS, so always check that out when in doubt. Thats kinda the point of having a thread

@Aexodus

Well, as I said, extensions for installing the mod are not to be accepted, as there was plenty time to download it all before. But as you are first in turn order, and that I actually forgot to send you the standalone link, I suppose you can have it. But the extension obviously ends in 4 hours. If its not played by then, you will be skipped

In my humble opinion, skipping the first Empire save would make it quite unplayable, so i would vote for giving him more time(if he totally needs it...), even if i dislike it as well, and wouldn´t support it any other time.

Blog Entries

I did not have enough time to download Jadli. I was unable to download during the day or night last week, and you know why.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

Cyrodiil https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Cyrodiil_1.sav

I have to say I was very overwhelmed playing this. A big faction.

Also, CTRL+S for quicksave and backspace for stopping movement wasn't working for me, any idea why?

Gaming Emeritus

No idea about quicksaves

Blog Entries

@ players

If the quicksave and backspace commands don’t work, would you rather wait a little bit to get them working? I am more than happy replay if it means we get to use quicksave.

mine backspace dont work too

Gaming Emeritus

I fixed the quicksaves, my bad, use the new save. Hopefully you can play tonight

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Empire_T1.sav

Blog Entries

I cannot. Give me two days.