View Poll Results: Do we keep this rule? - During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

5 41.67%
  • No

7 58.33%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Oh yes. Well I will decrease rebel garissons mostly (generally might transfer some of the starting regions to players) so that they are possible to get with the smaller sizes of armies that we will have

Well, dungeons faction will probably stay, but you can receive the dungeon missions only if you own the dungeon region. I have there a script for HS that transfers it but I found that its actually not secure enough for a HS, so will check if there is other way to do it or not. Without the missions, there is not much point taking it (except random artifacts)... the dungeon faction is completely frozen, so they are not gonna be a problem. I could also just remove them, will see (the names of the forts also cant be displayed in a HS). Regardles, fort battles are impossible to resolve via online battles anyway (the tool cant do it)

Battle will be limited simply by forbiding to enter it (could just do it via script, but kinda unnecessary)

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Oh yes. Well I will decrease rebel garissons mostly (generally might transfer some of the starting regions to players) so that they are possible to get with the smaller sizes of armies that we will have

booo make us expand

manuals vs ai are so much fun, don't reduce them imo

Hullo I'd like to play Valenwood, Ashlanders or Blackmarsh

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
    booo make us expand

manuals vs ai are so much fun, don't reduce them imo
    Alright

Gaming Emeritus

Also, I intend to leave all the "mercenary armies" events in (such as Restless eague, Wild Hunt, etc), as well as all the various features, such as Mannimarco event (when you build 3rd tier necromancers guild), Vampire event (when your faction leader becomes a vamp), and stuff like necromancy (raising the executed enemies after battle), as I assume it should add more fun.

Will add some diplomacy rule to it tho... such as that by it you become "evil" faction (by accepting Manni or the vamps), hence cant ally with other factions, unless they also declare for the "evil" , Thoughts?

BTW, thinking of it, using the army upkeep script would be very effective way to limit the number of online battles, as it makes you pay for every army you got outside/siegeing. Therefore, it would mostly get rid of small online battles, as much wiser is sending only a small number of stronger armies. So I assume using the script while keeping the kings purse as it is might be the best way
    Last edited by Jadli; April 23, 2021 at 08:00 AM.

the masochist in me would love no king's purse + foreign upkeep. I'm all for keeping more things in the hotseat since I think it'll make it more interesting. would be fun to have to band together as the "good" factions to deal with an OP undead swarm. and then watch all the post-victory backstabbing commence

There are a few more questions that came to my mind:

1. Concerning the Map. It will be one of the three maps (i hope the great campaign one :joy: ) and than just a part of it, depending on how many players we are? How is the plan in parting the map, and do you think maybe its possible to get 20 players for whole map?

2. What is the Army Upkeep script? i haven´t found any informations concerning this.

3. I havent found any clue concerning the Dungeon forts and what they are for. Do they move, and what worth is it capturing them?

and i just saw the 3. and 2. question got partly answered, i didnt see the second page :`) sorry

Gaming Emeritus

the masochist in me would love no king's purse + foreign upkeep. I'm all for keeping more things in the hotseat since I think it'll make it more interesting. would be fun to have to band together as the "good" factions to deal with an OP undead swarm. and then watch all the post-victory backstabbing commence
    I think that would be too hard . Okay. Yea... I miss some proper backstabbing

Quote Originally Posted by Arya210 View Post
    There are a few more questions that came to my mind:

1. Concerning the Map. It will be one of the three maps (i hope the great campaign one :joy: ) and than just a part of it, depending on how many players we are? How is the plan in parting the map, and do you think maybe its possible to get 20 players for whole map?

2. What is the Army Upkeep script? i haven´t found any informations concerning this.

3. I havent found any clue concerning the Dungeon forts and what they are for. Do they move, and what worth is it capturing them?
    1. Yea and Yea.. most ppl didnt have preferences on map so far, so will see, I assume it will be like 1/3 of the map ... It might be possible to get 20 players, but that wouldnt work well for us, considering our turns will already be longer due to online battles, I think 10 players is more than enough, unless you want to wait a month for your turn

2. Start campaign on VH, the scroll will tell you. Basically, you pay additional money for any army thats outside (in range from like -250 to -1000) and especially for sieges (-1500 to -2500) based on military education and logistics of your generals. Basicallly every lone unit counts as an army, hence sending several tiny armies from one place to other would kill your economy in one turn

3. You receive dungeons contracts from Fighters and Mages Guild, fairly often in singleplayer (assuming you have the guild and and an assassin) with nice rewards. The Dungeon faction is completely inactive, just sitting in dungeons, waiting for player to clear them out (abuot 120 dungeons)...didnt use rebels, as otherwise the AI wouldnt ignore the dungeons, and that would have very bad effect on their performance

Daggerfall, Orsinium or Telvanni

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Also, I intend to leave all the "mercenary armies" events in (such as Restless eague, Wild Hunt, etc), as well as all the various features, such as Mannimarco event (when you build 3rd tier necromancers guild), Vampire event (when your faction leader becomes a vamp), and stuff like necromancy (raising the executed enemies after battle), as I assume it should add more fun.

Will add some diplomacy rule to it tho... such as that by it you become "evil" faction (by accepting Manni or the vamps), hence cant ally with other factions, unless they also declare for the "evil" , Thoughts?

BTW, thinking of it, using the army upkeep script would be very effective way to limit the number of online battles, as it makes you pay for every army you got outside/siegeing. Therefore, it would mostly get rid of small online battles, as much wiser is sending only a small number of stronger armies. So I assume using the script while keeping the kings purse as it is might be the best way
    These things sound good, more scripts make it all the more interesting. Having an army upkeep script is fine too, with or without King's Purse.
    Necromancy/Vampire stuff should also definitely affect your faction's diplomacy. It gives a lot of power, but others will start to fear that power and ultimately denounce you

will starting situations be normalized? i.e. in Septim campaign I noticed Dagger starts with a spy whereas Sharn does not, tho their initial situations are nearly the same.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Guessing it is my time to announce my return to this circus.
    I want one of the Breton factions or the Orcs (try to recreate the magic of TESNB IV)
    Since I've played the two other scenarios I say The Stormcloak Rebellion
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

all players who joined up for HS can and do want to play online battles?

there is still one more point to discuss. is it possible to withdraw on the strat map? if you forbid it, then you need to be more careful, and do not expose your army to attack.

if allowed, the army will retreat from the battle without losses, but this is implemented with the help of AR, which means that the army will retreat as after a defeat, and the generals can receive traits and retinues.

Hey mates, I'd like to join the Hotseat.
    My prefered fractions are
    Bosmer (really fav^^)
    Anequina
    and Skyrim Solitude
    I'd prefere to play the great campaign with u guys.
    ​BW

Got it finally installed

My Pref Factions would be

1. Total Favourite Aldmeri Dominion! I love their History

2. Imperium

3. Skyrim (western faction, because i like Legatus Rikke more than Ulfric )

Map preference: Great Campaign (Septim i think?)

Gaming Emeritus

Welcome guys

Quote Originally Posted by Xamax View Post
    all players who joined up for HS can and do want to play online battles?

there is still one more point to discuss. is it possible to withdraw on the strat map? if you forbid it, then you need to be more careful, and do not expose your army to attack.

if allowed, the army will retreat from the battle without losses, but this is implemented with the help of AR, which means that the army will retreat as after a defeat, and the generals can receive traits and retinues.
    I dont fully understand the meaning of this. So either

- People are not allowed to withdraw in the online battle... then what happens with the units that got broken down?

- People are allowed to withdraw, and we can choose whether those units will be unharmed, or whether their losses will be autoresolved?

will starting situations be normalized? i.e. in Septim campaign I noticed Dagger starts with a spy whereas Sharn does not, tho their initial situations are nearly the same.
    yea, a bit

I dont fully understand the meaning of this. So either

- People are not allowed to withdraw in the online battle... then what happens with the units that got broken down?

- People are allowed to withdraw, and we can choose whether those units will be unharmed, or whether their losses will be autoresolved?
    a little explanation. players can't withdraw on the tactical map at all. the withdraw button is not available.

on the strat map, you can withdraw using the program.
    But I think it's easier to just forbid withdraw always/
    Or do you need to try to do a withdraw test first before making a decision

1.Summerset Isles Kingdom
    2.Tribunal Tempels
    3.House Redoran
    4.Hold of Haafingar

Gaming Emeritus

Welcome aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Xamax View Post
    a little explanation. players can't withdraw on the tactical map at all. the withdraw button is not available.

on the strat map, you can withdraw using the program.
    But I think it's easier to just forbid withdraw always/
    Or do you need to try to do a withdraw test first before making a decision
    Ah I see.

Yea, lets just forbid withdraws, will make everyone's lifes easier I suppose... . But units that got routed gets handled correctly, right?

Anyways, we got really a lot of players, so the turns will longer, enhanced the online battles, so we will have to be very strict on time limts. Late without asking for an extension = skip .

One more guy said that he would join, so waiting on him to decide and pick factions, then I will announce the map/factions