View Poll Results: Do we keep this rule? - During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

5 41.67%
  • No

7 58.33%
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Default Re: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Daggerfell 17
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...gerfell_17.sav

Awaiting the last siege equipment to be built, to crush the last defense of the Hjalmarch Rebels.

Kingdom of Daggerfall

Turn №17

Foreign policy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our armies have set out to attack the Kingdom of Evermore, ready to destroy everything in their path. Unfortunately for the Imperials, it was they who stood in our way right now, and this happened right after the completion of our non-aggression pact with them. We strongly recommend that you do not resist - in this case, the damage to you will be minimal.
    The leki`s blade fortress is besieged, it will be a staging base for troops going to evermore.
    We offer peace and trade to all the factions around us with exception of Kingdom of Evermore and Tamriel Empire.

Domestic policy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Easing tax oppression, withdrawing soldiers from cities to engage in peaceful affairs.

Turn to one of future parts of Kingdom of Daggerfall (Tamriel Empire):
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...340/empire.sav
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Save sent to Cyrodiil.

The Emperor has abandoned his holdings in High Rock for now. The homeland is being invaded and he must face this threat head on.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Well since Mac didn't post anything about this, I'll do it.
    Right now all sieges that we fight online have a major issue. Both defender and the attacker deploy at the same time, which is not how it is supposed to work. Normal online siege battles have the attackers deploy first, and they are then unable to change anything until the defenders have deployed and the battle has started. The battles created with the hotseat tool don't have this system at all, which basically means that the attacker can deploy wherever, even to the other side of the settlement that is likely undefended because the defending player had no chance to react to this.

We need a rule going forward that the attacker always has to deploy first in a siege, then press start battle and inform the defender of this as well.

Isn't that how you play now? It seems even at the very beginning of the campaign, the elves played sieges that way.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Isenbard View Post
    We need a rule going forward that the attacker always has to deploy first in a siege, then press start battle and inform the defender of this as well.
    Ahh yes! I'm a bit sleep deprived so forgot to mention. I've seen this used and tried it out against Isen, instantly regretted it so then we replayed the battle (unfortunately, I only have a screenshot of the old result). It is an exploit from an attackers perspective, therefore I agree with Isenbards rule proposal.

Furthermore, I agree with Fubuky that we should also ban the splitting of ladders as this allows attacking at multiple points and essentially makes 1 ladder = 4 towers.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; January 23, 2022 at 01:07 PM.

But doesn't the splitting of ladders have a downside as well? 1 ladder isn't 4 towers suddenly. A tower has the advantage of protection from missiles and a faster deployement on the walls, while divided ladders have none of that and are actually worse when trying to assail the walls. The defender is also capable of placing units to different areas if the attacker deploys first

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

The speed at which troops climb ladders in this mod is not like in others. You can scale up one ladder in this mod as quickly as you can 4 ladders in others. Test it out

I tested it and didn't see 1 ladder being as fast 4. The units do clip into each other when climbing because the only ladder is so crowded, but it still isn't faster and still it has only one place where soldiers can attack the walls in that spot.
    Building siege equipment is already extremely slow in this mod so why not allow it?

I concur with ladders being fine as is and the deployment issue should be fixed or at least corrected by the players at the very least. Attackers must declare the side they wish to attack as this is an oversight of the mod.

Eastmarch is up! ~ https://www.mediafire.com/file/ylsdc...ch_18.sav/file

It seems like Mac and Fubuky are trying to hold on to a rebelling village by gifting it back and forth from Empire to Colovia. The settlement borders my capital so it's in a warzone. The public order won't hold because of an overwhelming amount of Redguard culture.

If Mac isn't going to dedicate a general and a garrison to keep the village in order then he surely can't be allowed to milk its income like this. Can't scout atm what the income is, though the income for me was over 600 with full taxes

Ahh thats why Orcrest hasnt rebelled yet :O (Former Anequina Region)
    I thought there are maybe no rebellions in this game, but seams like the same trick has been used there? (turn 10-12 Colovian turn 13-15 empire turn 16/17 colovian with no garrison at all, and all time rebellion signal)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well since Mac didn't post anything about this, I'll do it.
    Right now all sieges that we fight online have a major issue. Both defender and the attacker deploy at the same time, which is not how it is supposed to work. Normal online siege battles have the attackers deploy first, and they are then unable to change anything until the defenders have deployed and the battle has started. The battles created with the hotseat tool don't have this system at all, which basically means that the attacker can deploy wherever, even to the other side of the settlement that is likely undefended because the defending player had no chance to react to this.

Approved, will add it to the rules later

It seems like Mac and Fubuky are trying to hold on to a rebelling village by gifting it back and forth from Empire to Colovia. The settlement borders my capital so it's in a warzone. The public order won't hold because of an overwhelming amount of Redguard culture.

If Mac isn't going to dedicate a general and a garrison to keep the village in order then he surely can't be allowed to milk its income like this. Can't scout atm what the income is, though the income for me was over 600 with full taxes
    Well, thats probably not whats happening. Cyrodiil (Colovia) faction is shadow faction to the Empire, hence it basically replaces rebels for The Empire (same mechanic is used for Summerset/Thalmor and Haafingar/Eastmarch)... of course, spawned units should always disband but one (if any spawn)...

It is the imperfection of the shadowing, that it cant be limited only to regions of a relevant faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Arya210 View Post
    Ahh thats why Orcrest hasnt rebelled yet :O (Former Anequina Region)
    I thought there are maybe no rebellions in this game, but seams like the same trick has been used there? (turn 10-12 Colovian turn 13-15 empire turn 16/17 colovian with no garrison at all, and all time rebellion signal)
    Not ecactly sure what you mean, but there are indeed are rebellions.... and somewhat even more of them than in average mods... as you can see with increased unrest in foreign regions, etc

EDIT
    I suppose that except the britannia DLC, where Barons Alliance shadows England, we never had a HS with shadowing factions...

So Im curious how this behaves in a hotseat, and what are your opinions on it, whether we should do something about it?

Of course, whenever a settlement rebels to Cyrodiil or vice versa, it puts the factions at war afaik...

Also, some of you probably received the missions from the factions that ask you to take a settlement from the other one, and gift it them?
    Last edited by Jadli; January 26, 2022 at 08:59 AM.

Havtn gotten anything of it, and there never was a war bewteen colovian and empire, or am i mistaken?

And i think regions that rebell should be rebelling. else every faction with shadow faction has a great advantage if allied, as you may not care about loosing it to the other faction.

Can the thalmor come back than? And if is it played by palyer? xD

Gaming Emeritus

well, Mac shall tell us, whether it puts him at war each time or not...

Well, they should rebel to rebels, but they cant... for the next HS, we should probably demand shadow factions to be at war with each other... wouldnt be fair to do so now...
    Maybe we should adds in the rules that players dont give up the settlement to the shadow faction via the missions... The Mission is Cyrodiil/Empire give you a mission to take a settlement, once you take it, you can decide (yes/no scroll) whether you keep it or give it to the shadow faction... if you keep it, your relations are supposed to suffer... however if you give it to them (hit yes), you receive relatively lot of money from the shadow faction as a reward... But the issue, that the money are technically not from the shadow faction, but simply spawned by the game.... So in the result you would give the settlement to the shadow faction and receive money from the game (you can receive this mission if you are allied/neutral, unless Im mistaken).... Wuold be better to forbid giving up the settlement like this, no? (bringing it up, cause Im prettyy sure I saw this mission in the HS already)

Thalmor can come back indeed Though Im really curious if the game will remember youneuoy played, i.e., whether the faction will still use the original password or whether it will be cleared ...

Interesting. Didn't even know this Shadow faction mechanic was a thing. So the settlements are in a constant loop and they can just milk them for money because of this...
    cool cool

Gaming Emeritus

How can they mill them for money?

Btw, this also applies to generals
    Last edited by Jadli; January 26, 2022 at 12:20 PM.