View Poll Results: Do we keep this rule? - During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, keep it

5 41.67%
  • No

7 58.33%
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Default Re: [Online Battles HS][TES - Unofficial Patch 2.0.2] The Art of War

Last edited by caly6000; June 07, 2022 at 03:47 AM.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

So are we going to discuss admitting defeat here? I find the idea of allowing the attacker to admit defeat interesting, but I believe it has problems. Having the option to retreat can prolong many wars and increase the amount of online battles. Going into a battle, knowing that you can cause some damage and then retreat could also lead to small cav only armies with the sole purpose of poking the defender and then retreating. Attacking with general's bodyguards and retreating with barely any men left (generals still alive) would become a valid strategy.

It is the job of the attacker to scout the battlefield and determine if the battle is worth it. A lot of you argued that retreating has been done many times throughout history and therefore it should be allowe here. Admitting defeat however is quite unfair in my opinion. The battle ends always instantly after right? If the defender is smart and turn the tide, the attacker can just instantly quit. It is funny when people try to justify things using real life examples while completely ignoring other things breaking this "immersion".

Right now I'd like to keep the rule as it is, unless someone can convince me otherwise

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I totally agree with Isenbard here. At the moment, defenders can't retreat due to the EOP, therefore that should also apply to an attacker. When you attack you already have the luxury of being able to scout out your opponent and wiegh up if an attack is worth it, there should not be yet another advantage in being able to retreat. Therefore I agree we should keep the rules as they are.Btw at a conference all day today, therefore I will require an extension.

Pelletine up, thank you for your patience.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; June 17, 2022 at 06:23 AM.

I will taking my turn today. It's early and have family gathering but this evening i should have it

I asked for a sub fyi

Extension will do this eavning ning x

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

granted

You have to copy the link, not the message link above it

i'll either do it tonight or ext if i don't manage to

This needs to be subbed. Mac and I could do it