Thread: Tech help and a little bug

Default Tech help and a little bug

Hi,
    the graphic look a little weird. It looks like around my camera position everything is darkened and things further away maybe a 100m look brighter. There is clear line between darker and brighter parts. It looks worse when I disable bloom. Is there anything that could be done about that? I tried HaHawk's guide but that didn't go well...

The little bug is that I often get three consuls in the same year?!

Default Re: Tech help and a little bug

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    I can't speak to your graphical issues, but there's nothing we can do about this. It isn't possible to code the EDCT to say "only two characters may have this trait". Unique or anyone are the only options.

The only solution to this is to have just 2 eligible FMs stand for consul elections in Rome every year. This could slow your progress, but it's the price of maintaining historical accuracy. You shouldn't worry, though. You can have a bunch of proconsuls

Thanks. I guess I will accept three consuls. It was said a million times but this mod is fantastic! I will post a screenshot later about the graphic issue. Sadly, after trying GEMFX I now have to reinstall everything.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I can't speak to your graphical issues, but there's nothing we can do about this. It isn't possible to code the EDCT to say "only two characters may have this trait". Unique or anyone are the only options.
    You see the difference? Is that normal? Am I a black hole sucking in all photons??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eb.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	538.0 KB 
ID:	364649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EB2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	612.7 KB 
ID:	364650

I can't speak to it because I don't have a clue when it comes to graphics. I'm a code monkey.

I can't speak to it because I don't have a clue when it comes to graphics. I'm a code monkey.
    hmm but does you game look like that or is it unusual??

hmm but does you game look like that or is it unusual??
    Yes, those ones in the distance have been turned into sprites, to save your processor.

If you want them turned off, there's a thread somewhere about disabling them. Most modern machines don't actually have an issue with processing the graphical requirements of an old game like M2TW, but back in the day it could be problematic.

Yes, those ones in the distance have been turned into sprites, to save your processor.

If you want them turned off, there's a thread somewhere about disabling them. Most modern machines don't actually have an issue with processing the graphical requirements of an old game like M2TW, but back in the day it could be problematic.

Ok, great. Thanks. I'm going to look for it.

Ok, so for anybody who is interested. If you put unit details on highest then it looks ok. For that you have to manually open the preference.cfg in the med 2 main folder and change unit detail to: highest. Save and exit, then you have to set the file to: read only/write protected otherwise Med2 will change it back to higher.