Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

  1. #21
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,502

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    The left wants to make resisting arrest legal.

    None of this would have happened without these guys resisting arrest.

  2. #22
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The left wants to make resisting arrest legal.

    None of this would have happened without these guys resisting arrest.
    Ah yes, the classic conservative argument of "resisting arrest warrants a summary execution".
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  3. #23
    enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The left wants to make resisting arrest legal.

    None of this would have happened without these guys resisting arrest.
    Or, following your lead, if the cops who pull people over for expired tags didn’t have guns.

    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

  4. #24
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,910

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The left wants to make resisting arrest legal.

    None of this would have happened without these guys resisting arrest.
    Well no. They want to eradicate policing itself.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Unless its to protect them. Then they want a military occupation.

  5. #25
    Alastor's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not home
    Posts
    1,539

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    The funny thing is that "defunding" the police will mean that officers, already inadequately trained, will receive even less training. Events like this, will only increase in frequency as a result.

  6. #26
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,464

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Well no. They want to eradicate policing itself.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Unless its to protect them. Then they want a military occupation.
    Last time I checked it was the Republicans who advocated to use the National Guard against the Floyd riots and a former Trump administration official who plain out advocated martial law.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...on-2020-12?amp

    And the left wants military occupation?

  7. #27
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,910

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Last time I checked it was the Republicans who advocated to use the National Guard against the Floyd riots and a former Trump administration official who plain out advocated martial law.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...on-2020-12?amp

    And the left wants military occupation?
    There is nothing wrong with expecting the National Guard to be deployed to quell unrest, that's one of its functions. What's being opposed is Tlaib's dangerous and hypocritical demand that policing and incarceration be ended while she sits safely behind a wall of National Guardsmen and Secret Service agents in D.C. Security for me but not for thee.

  8. #28
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,464

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    There is nothing wrong with expecting the National Guard to be deployed to quell unrest, that's one of its functions. What's being opposed is Tlaib's dangerous and hypocritical demand that policing and incarceration be ended while she sits safely behind a wall of National Guardsmen and Secret Service agents in D.C. Security for me but not for thee.
    The Secret Service does not guard Tlabid. Hence why it was the capitol police who tried to stop the rioters during the Capitol Riot.

    The National Guard was called in for the very same reason you mentioned. To quell unrest. And I don't think Tlabid has advocated they stay indefinitely.

    Your argument is hypocritical at best here.

  9. #29
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,910

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    The Secret Service does not guard Tlabid. Hence why it was the capitol police who tried to stop the rioters during the Capitol Riot.
    Members of the Secret Service were drafted in to assist the with the 1/6 riots. With regard to the USCP, that's another wall of law enforcement protecting Tlaib.

    The National Guard was called in for the very same reason you mentioned. To quell unrest. And I don't think Tlabid has advocated they stay indefinitely.

    Your argument is hypocritical at best here.
    I haven't complained about the National Guard being deployed to manage unrest, including on 1/6. Nor have I suggested that policing and incarceration should be ended.

  10. #30
    enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    If Rashida Tlaib summarizes the Left than Marjorie Taylor Green and her views are the Right. I hope our alt right leaners can cope with this.
    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

  11. #31
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,464

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Members of the Secret Service were drafted in to assist the with the 1/6 riots. With regard to the USCP, that's another wall of law enforcement protecting Tlaib.
    Today's date is April 14th, not January 6th. The current objectives of the Secret Service do not involve guarding Tlabid as you claim.

    I haven't complained about the National Guard being deployed to manage unrest, including on 1/6. Nor have I suggested that policing and incarceration should be ended.
    You complained about Tlabid being protected by the National Guard and plain out said the left advocates for military occupation. Tlabid has again not requested that the NG stay in DC indefinitely not has she advocated military occupation like you claimed the left want.

  12. #32
    B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    3,502

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Ah yes, the classic conservative argument of "resisting arrest warrants a summary execution".
    When people resist arrest bad things can happen. That's a fact. Why make it political?

  13. #33
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    When people resist arrest bad things can happen. That's a fact. Why make it political?

    Because I've only ever seen conservatives try to reason that summary execution by police is justified.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 17, 2021 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  14. #34
    enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Because I've only ever seen conservatives try to reason that summary execution is justified.
    American Thinker or Brietbart? Even the Q wackos aren't birthers anymore. Old narratives of hate are the saddest.



    Police Violently Attack Peaceful Protesters Holding Vigils for Toledo and Wright Across the United States
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Center-PD.html
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 17, 2021 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

  15. #35
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Police Violently Attack Peaceful Protesters Holding Vigils for Toledo and Wright Across the United States
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Center-PD.html
    I like how they refer to Adam Toledo, 13 year old child, as a man:

    Thousands gathered on streets across America to demonstrate the fatal police shootings of black men Adam Toledo and Daunte Wright.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  16. #36
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,910

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Presumably the Mail's lazy inaccuracies are being treated as a conscious effort to conceal Toldeo's age. In reality, his age is acknowledged repeatedly throughout the article, starting in the subtitles.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cope; April 17, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

  17. #37
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Presumably the Mail's lazy inaccuracies are being treated as a conscious effort to conceal Toldeo's age. In reality, his age is acknowledged repeatedly throughout the article, starting in the subtitles.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's not an attempt to conceal his age, this is a regular thing. Minority (especially black) kids are viewed as less innocent. It's called adultification bias.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  18. #38
    Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,910

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    It's not an attempt to conceal his age, this is a regular thing. Minority (especially black) kids are viewed as less innocent. It's called adultification bias.
    Except, as noted, his age is mentioned repeatedly throughout the article.
    Last edited by Cope; April 17, 2021 at 10:52 PM.

  19. #39
    irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Except, as noted, his age is mentioned repeatedly throughout the article.
    Yet he's still referred to as a man instead of a child.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.C.A.B.

  20. #40
    enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Death of Daunte Wright and Subsequent Riots

    Making out minority children or even just any girl with big tatas to be adults is so commonplace that debating its systemic reach is silly.
    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •