Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RTW Remastered: What would you do with a 38 faction limit?

Foederatus

Default Re: RTW Remastered: What would you do with a 38 faction limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ensyvtre View Post
    31 factions is far less than I had hoped for, but I guess we'll have to make due. It should still be enough to add a sufficient amount of factions that can make for more interesting gameplay.
    I'm curious about the limit on regions though. If I recall correctly the vanilla campaign has around 100 regions while the engine is capable of handling up to around 200(?). 200 is already a solid amount but if the remastered engine is capable of going beyond that amount then that's even better.
    Yes, I had been hoping for a practically limitless number of factions (maybe like 100 or so?), but this will have to do. For now at least
    200 regions is not much. Mundus Magnus iirc already has the maximum amount of land regions and that map isn't even using half the surface area that, to my understanding, is the maximum size a campaign map in the old RTW could be (1000*1000 with MM map being roughly 770*490).

31 Factions and 200 Regions? What where the original hardcoded limits? This sounds alot to me to be honest. And lets not forget the game even came out, maybe there will be adjustments to the limits later on, the game is stil in the post release development phase, some things will change.

It all goes with the stability of the engine, but i wouldnt bet that they will dratically improve the limits, even if that would be amazing, the game will live and sell with mods after the first years.

Quote Originally Posted by exi123 View Post
    31 Factions and 200 Regions? What where the original hardcoded limits?
    The same actually, but with 10 less factions, of which the increase DOES help a lot. But yes, lets see where does it go further, honestly just another 100 (much less 200) regions to play with would help tremendously with larger maps, or just making more accurate ones.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

IF we get 250ish regions instead of 200 we could finally see mods including India and a little bit of China...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

So Ideally for me:

Note: This'll be a base map idea :p

Combine Rome into 1 faction. Just Rome, Capua, and Arretium. That saves 3 slots.

Create Bosporan Kingdom. Just Crimea. Just... Crimea. Or maybe Tanais too.

Create Epirus - Apollonia, Tarentum, Croton.

Create Illyria - Salona and Segestica.

Create Alpine Gaul - Mediolanium and Patavium.

Create some Saxon or another barbarian faction in Denmark. Maybe something to counter the endless hordes of BRITTANIAN CHARIOTS.

Give Carthage Carthago Nova.

... That still leaves 5.
    Last edited by Lord Hierarch; May 11, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12