Thread: Editing/Addding Units With No Modding Experience ?

Default Editing/Addding Units With No Modding Experience ?

Some questions,

I)

I'm playing a Rome H/H 0 turn campaign, just enacted the imperial reforms and built the castra praetoria.

Is it possible to edit one of the many auxilary heavy infantry units Rome has, and replace it with a praetorian 1st cohort ?

II)

And/or is it possible to change the unit tunic/shield colour and do the same with the unit card ?

I have no modding experience aside from tinkering with text and image files, if this is something that is more complicated than that then I won't bother.

III)

Lastly, the faction leader that has seen me through the civil war is still alive; once he dies will there be any traits/ancillaries related to the principate ("caesar", "augustus", "princeps senatus" etc.) ?

If there is not, does anyone know of any submods that add these traits/ancillaries or if it's complicated to create them myself ?

Thanks in advance for any help, love this mod !

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Editing/Addding Units With No Modding Experience ?

In answer to your first question, RS used every single unit slot, and the means for getting all the units to work was very complicated. If you have no experience, it would honestly be very easy to break something. As for the second question, yes. All faction leaders and heirs follow a purposeful path from the Republic to the Empire. Once you have an Emperor, any following leader will be the Emperor as well.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father