Thread: SUBMOD : Increased ammo & Pirate faction improvements

Default SUBMOD : Increased ammo & Pirate faction improvements

- Ammo increased for all units. Infantry ammo has doubled to 8, light infantry 12 and bow units 12.
    - Pirate faction tech tree and building chains fixed
    - Pirates can now spawn agents
    - Pirates can now recruit up to 6th rates
    - Pirate infantry size increased, all units now have upkeep

Compatible with version 6.3 only, simply install the official Imperial Destroyer version 6.3 and then extract the files into your data folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3g81...ial+3.rar/file

Also I unlocked all diplomatic options except Pirates demanding protectorate, as well as reintroducing historical protectorates.
    - Hannover is now a protectorate of Great Britain
    - Courland is now a protectorate of Poland-Lithuania
    - Hetmanate is now a protectorate of Russia
    - Georgia and Dagestan are now protectorates of the Safavids.
    - Barbary Pirates are now a protectorate of the Ottoman Empire

Extract to your Data\campaigns\Lord_main
    If you use VDM then extract the highlighted file instead and rename it once in the folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qr2oj...rates.rar/file
    Last edited by aleheroix; April 24, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

Default Re: SUBMOD : Increased ammo & Pirate faction improvements

Thank you! Will try it out

I honestly think this should be included in a 6.4 version!

Btw do you think it's possible to make the musket accuracy a bit lower?

Quote Originally Posted by scaniavikings View Post
    I honestly think this should be included in a 6.4 version!
    I think 6.3 was intended to have it in already, I mainly just fixed the bug. The only real thing that makes it a submod is the increased ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by scaniavikings View Post
    Btw do you think it's possible to make the musket accuracy a bit lower?
    Currently on a playthrough turn 40 and I think I'm inclined to agree with you, only because when ammo is depleted there are hardly any units left to charge lol!

Hi,

I have to agree with the above. Accuracy is too much high.
    On the other hand, artilery can be more accurate.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Hro3a; April 18, 2021 at 09:20 AM.

I've updated the OP with the files to unlock all diplomatic options (without AI becoming lord protector of the world) and reintroduced the historical protectorates, including Georgia and Dagestan under the Safavids, which was not in vanilla.

I find it strange how all the alliances are also cancelled on first turn though. If I play as a protectorate and make an alliance, it does not cancel.

Another strange bug I dont know how to solve, when playing as a protectorate, in diplomacy you can ask for an alliance with your patron and it cancelles the protectorate for an alliance, i dont know if thats vanilla or the mod though, i dont remember that from vanilla.

And the Safavids start on turn 1 with -1200 income. Surely they would have a much higher income? Being in the red by over 1k after the first turn is very hard and must be an oversight.

Any help would be appreciated to point me where to look!
    Last edited by aleheroix; April 24, 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Current game playing as Safavids/Persia at turn 144, Ottomans and Russia both been at war with me for over 100 turns. Completely broke still but managed to build two armies with my income around 800 per turn. The issue is starting out with no money, you have to scrimp and save to build about 3 farms on empty plots and then upgrade all your farms to lvl 2. All the while Khiva either declares war or gets stomped by Ruissa (who then declares war) and Ottomans pretty much attack before the 6th turn. And having protectorates only helps to stop Russia coming through that way with is historically what they were fore so works if you never pull them into war with you, but adds no monetary value, maybe I modded it incorrectly, idk.

Continuing, Pirates have made peace with everyone by turn 70/80. I will run with disabling the Pirates from making peace also from their diplomacy to see how they behave. They were not the scourge of the seas before I altered it and I want to see more piracy!!!
    (I am considering making a special fleet so Pirates can build - or "convert" - a fleet of sloops, brigs and 6th rates, maybe one 5th rate as flagship, so Pirates are limited to one stack, not a full stack but a piratey one that is cheap to build at the expense of unlimited ships. You can still capture bigger ships but you will be limited to building only shallow draught ships.)

I've updated both late an early campaigns.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3tiae...aigns.rar/file

Extract to your EEmpire\data\campaigns folder, not compatible with VDM.

Can this work with realistic treasury? And enabling forts?

Quote Originally Posted by aleheroix View Post
    I've updated both late an early campaigns.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3tiae...aigns.rar/file

Extract to your EEmpire\data\campaigns folder, not compatible with VDM.
    And what are these? I don't understand. ammunition, diplomacy and protectorate?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 07, 2021 at 03:09 PM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Can't work with realistic treasury, there is a conflict of files.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

IS there any way to give pirate units more than 12? Like, on par with the other factions maybe? I get the point of their stats being higher to justify the small pirate 'crews' but they do not hold up to full stacks of Line infantry, even with micro-managing and ambushing etc..
    Is this something I can do myself relatively easily with the Pack File Manager?

Love the sub-mod, however it has come to my attention that while using this sub-mod there appears to be an issue with the Mughal Empire's 'events/messages', example: 'War declarations', 'Ancillary gained' etc. they are appearing on the side without any text, only retaining the description text when actually clicking on the event/message itself. This for me has become a big issue as i'm finding it hard to keep up with the politics of the world and experience of my factions administration since i'm required to search through every independent text-less message just to gain the information and there are often many events/messages, so you could only imagine the struggles. xD haha. anyway besides that keep up the great work. And if you're able to provide a fix or able to point me in the right direction of doing it myself that would be much appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Can't work with realistic treasury, there is a conflict of files.
    Sorry for late reply - yes it does not work with Realistic Starting Treasury because it overrides the same file - I can try to update it with this mod.