Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claiming Macedonian Kingship

Default Re: Claiming Macedonian Kingship

The wrecked/missing infrastructure in Pella is intentional - it represents the damage done by the Galatian incursions and numerous usurpers battling for the Makedonian throne.

Another (seeming) bug is that in Ambrakia, I can only build up a Strategeia government and not the customary Eleutheria kai Autonomia available in most Hellenic settlements (including nearby Thermon and Epidamnos). I can confirm that I appear to have the pre-requisites to build the EkA - Hellenistic Polis and plentiful Hellenistic culture.

Or is this a purposeful omission for reasons I'm unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    Another (seeming) bug is that in Ambrakia, I can only build up a Strategeia government and not the customary Eleutheria kai Autonomia available in most Hellenic settlements (including nearby Thermon and Epidamnos). I can confirm that I appear to have the pre-requisites to build the EkA - Hellenistic Polis and plentiful Hellenistic culture.

Or is this a purposeful omission for reasons I'm unaware of?
    Ambrakia starts out with level 1 hellenistic colonization, which enables Supervised Hellenistic Administration but disallows Hellenistic Administration. Problem is that Supervised Hellenistic Administration is only available after the Makedonian Imperial Reforms, which requires controlling Pella, Ipsos, and Antiocheia. As a result at the current state of your campaign you cannot build either. You must either demolish the level 1 hellenistic colonization to build the Hellenistic Administration or achieve the reforms to build the supervised version

Ah thanks for the tip, I never would've thought of that. I demolished the colony and that let me build the higher level governorship.

A possible solution could be to have the basilike patris already built on conquest, but have it be broken too. So the makedonian kingship would involve repairing the basilike patris, plus building the basic infraestructures of the kingdom. Maybe even add a script to stop ALL recruitment/bonuses from the Basilike patris until the kingship is acknowledged.

Little bit late for the party, but I also have problems with Macedon Kingship. I followed the instructions written in the player guide.
    The problem is that I can't build the Epistateia epi Hellenas and Basilike Patris..
    I have build greek poleis in most of my cities.

Have you captured Antioch and Ipsos and achieved imperial Antigonidai and have gained access to the Satrapeia government? If you have and still cannot build Epistateia epi Hellenas in certain regions in Asia and Anatolia, then it is restricted to regions which were historically hellenized.

Considering this thread is kind of about the ins and outs of government systems available to Macedon (and I guess Epirus as well) can someone give me a few general tips? Of course, it need not to be said that provinces that are way too overly "barbarian" need to be placed under the client/vassal/allied state system, but what about those where at least a fourth to a good majority of the populace are already Hellenistic? In provinces that are traditionally the birthplace and centers of "Hellenes", I guess Eleutheria Kai Autonomia is the go-to government system, right? I'm excluding Basilike Patris because I'm talking about what the player would designate as "run-of-the-mill" provinces, and not future capitals or sub-capitals. However, how about provinces where, as stated, there are a good number of Hellenes, but you actually DON'T want to, in the long run, completely convert the population to be "Greek-ish"? Provinces in Thrace and Illyria, for example, where you absolutely wish to access and preserve their wonderful rosters of units, but also recruit some Hellene units from time to time. What sort of government policies should be pursued there? Also, once one can access the Satrapial governments, where do they fit in? Are they a substitute to Supervised Hellenic Administration?
    Last edited by Pooploop; May 04, 2021 at 03:12 AM.

The Satrapeia is an equivalent to the Epistateia, available in different places. Ionia is very broadly the dividing line between the two.

I have not captured Antioch or Ipsos yet. So if I capture both settlements I should be able to build Epistateia epi Hellenas and/or Basilike Patris in my major Greek settlements?
    If that solves the problem, then why isn't it mentioned in the player guide or somewhere in game? That would make it a lot easier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kingschip Macedon.jpg  

This version of the player guide is outdated. The one you put out is for 2.35, the guide has now been updated for 2.35A R2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    OK, I have updated the guide to 2.35 R2

https://mega.nz/file/AcAXnIDK#FSTKvh...MF1iLkdYSF5oOg
    Last edited by realm56; May 04, 2021 at 04:31 AM.

My mistake, thank you for pointing it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12