Thread: Bologna, unit recruitment issue

Default Bologna, unit recruitment issue

I started 20 times with faction Bologna. Only 5 times I was allowed to recruit after 4 turns ; 15 times never allowed recruitment even after 25 turns. One time a played 42 turns , I restaurate de' Medici and I was richest faction with more than 200,000 florini and still not allowd recruit.
    I wonder if is a bug or I need to complete some condition ?

Default Re: Bologna, unit recruitment issue

you can change the rate of recruitment in the edb txt file. you will be able to recruit as much as you want once you do that.

Thank for replay, but is not that case. For Bologna is a restriction recruitment and you can't recruit until comes a message that allow you to recruit. Its about a trigger that allowed to recruit and is not always working. I'd like to know which condition I must fulfill to enable that trigger.

Foederatus

hello...I experienced same troubleshoot for Bologna, when playing hs game. I asked here for help. All was triggered at first turn when a message event comes warning you that Bologna has no more money to allow any recruitment. I simply ignored it...and one turn later I noticed Bologna could NOT recruit anything anymore...so I simply played the game by hiring mercenaries troops..merchants provided me with enough money to win the hs (I played the hs against AI) pretty well...

After I played, I decided to investigate more about this...
    so I started again with Bologna, but this time it was not for playing, but rather for understanding...the event message ADVICED to face the odds by either 1. disbanding units or 2. expanding my duchy. Since this is what I did in my first hs, I expanded a lot (without unblocking the enrolement queues), I assumed EXPANDING or HAVING A POSITIVE TREASURE does NOT help...
    so I applied second option...I disbanded ALL my units at first turn....

and it WORKED...

a couple of turns later I could make Bologna behave like all other factions....

PLEASE NOTICE that....without disbanding, I opened console and tried to complete all construction queues and add plenty of money but new units KEPT to stay FORBIDDEN (kind of frustrating situation)...so, as far as I know, the ONLY TRIGGER to get rid of this '' is to disband all your units at first turn...

I didn't check too much around this....

Of course I started to believe THIS was some 'plan' from designer that went 'wrong' in practical instance..in other words, the designer meant to re-create some historical event, but implementing it by Medieval 2 tools resulted in a sort of 'failure' to what anyone 'expect' from realism...

Last hint....I am talking about DIK ULTIMATE v0.8.9 "only"...I didn't install any other version of this mod...

Hope this helps
    Aquila Romana,
    Fortezza Bizantina!

Just change the flourins in descr_strat to whatever amount you want. It works for me in all the other mods I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Faraxius View Post
    hello...I experienced same troubleshoot for Bologna, when playing hs game. I asked here for help. All was triggered at first turn when a message event comes warning you that Bologna has no more money to allow any recruitment. I simply ignored it...and one turn later I noticed Bologna could NOT recruit anything anymore...so I simply played the game by hiring mercenaries troops..merchants provided me with enough money to win the hs (I played the hs against AI) pretty well...

After I played, I decided to investigate more about this...
    so I started again with Bologna, but this time it was not for playing, but rather for understanding...the event message ADVICED to face the odds by either 1. disbanding units or 2. expanding my duchy. Since this is what I did in my first hs, I expanded a lot (without unblocking the enrolement queues), I assumed EXPANDING or HAVING A POSITIVE TREASURE does NOT help...
    so I applied second option...I disbanded ALL my units at first turn....

and it WORKED...

a couple of turns later I could make Bologna behave like all other factions....

PLEASE NOTICE that....without disbanding, I opened console and tried to complete all construction queues and add plenty of money but new units KEPT to stay FORBIDDEN (kind of frustrating situation)...so, as far as I know, the ONLY TRIGGER to get rid of this '' is to disband all your units at first turn...

I didn't check too much around this....

Of course I started to believe THIS was some 'plan' from designer that went 'wrong' in practical instance..in other words, the designer meant to re-create some historical event, but implementing it by Medieval 2 tools resulted in a sort of 'failure' to what anyone 'expect' from realism...

Last hint....I am talking about DIK ULTIMATE v0.8.9 "only"...I didn't install any other version of this mod...

Hope this helps
    Thanks for replay. You are right. The only solution is to disband all units on first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Just change the flourins in descr_strat to whatever amount you want. It works for me in all the other mods I have.
    Thanks for replay. I tried your metod,but for me it didn't work. I play "version 1.0 -Ultimate",the last version and Faraxius metod with disbanding all units is working very well.