Thread: 2.35a - steam launcher not working properly(no borderless, launcher options create error)

Icon5 2.35a - steam launcher not working properly(no borderless, launcher options create error)

The problem is when trying to disable Intro Movies the launcher says it cant because it cant find logos_.bik and game_intro_.bik, also if I use the game launcher (for steam) it doesnt recognize settings set in ebii folder (ebii.cfg) such as borderless window and to achieve having the game in borderless I have to change medieval.cfg preferences in the main Medieval II Total War folder.

Althought these are not game breaking, my guess is, somekind of script is not working properly and I cant figure out why. Would welcome your help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2.35a - steam launcher not working properly(no borderless, launcher options create error)

What launcher are you referring to? Maybe describe how you start EBII? Through Steam, with custom launch option maybe? Or via the provided desktop shortcut?

Also describe how you tried to disable the intro movie.

Default Re: 2.35a - steam launcher not working properly(no borderless, launcher options create error)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    What launcher are you referring to? Maybe describe how you start EBII? Through Steam, with custom launch option maybe? Or via the provided desktop shortcut?

Also describe how you tried to disable the intro movie.

By launcher, I mean I start the game by shortcut called "Europa Barbarorum II (for Steam users - using launcher)" which is a shortcut to EB_Launcher.exe. I have tried disabling the intro by the button provided in EB_Launcher.exe for such function

Blog Entries

Oh, I wasn't aware EBII had a custom launcher like Stainless Steel.

I passed on your observation to the EBII dev team, hopefully someone will be along shortly.

In the meantime you could use this approach: Install my small Bare Geomod set up and then copy the BAT and CFG file in it's root to the root of the EBII mod.To find the root simply right click the desktop short cut and choose 'open file location'.
    In case you asked to over write a file, abort and then rename the corresponding file in the EBII directory. Then repeat.

Now open the copied CFG file with Notepad and adjust the 'mods' entry from mods\bare_geomod to mods\[spelling of EBII directory]
    Go a bit further down and set the value for 'movies' to zero (that takes care of intro movies)
    Save and make a desktop shortcut of the BAT file by right clicking it and choosing 'send to desktop'.
    Use that short cut to run EBII

Edit: the above is not required, read next post
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 15, 2021 at 01:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Update:

The (steam) launcher is outdated, a leftover from the time when the executable files were merged in Steam and no-one had worked out a reliable solution yet. And the way it starts the mod ignores totally the setting change in the CFG file (movie disabling) anyhow.

You should have another shortcut which will work just as fine as it is steam compatible, it will also support setting changes in the CFG.

Proceed as follows:
    1. right click that short cut and choose 'open file location'
    2. Look for a CFG file and open it with Notepad
    3. Find the [video] section (create if it doesn't exist) and add (or edit if it exists) this line: movies = false
    4. Save and use the same short cut to start EBII