Thread: Stuck at 29 factions

Default Stuck at 29 factions

Hi, me again.
    I've been steadily adding (well, cloning) factions with DukeOfSerbia's classic tutorial 'Adding A New Faction From Nothing'. I'm at 29 (including the rebels, of course) and I've now tried twice to add a new faction, in just exactly the same way I've done successfully 5 times. I double check all of my entries in every file and yet... a CTD while loading the game. I get to look at the splash screen and after a second or two it CTDs.

I'm doing all this on a mac so error logs are not an option.

I'm assuming this is a typo in export_descr_unit or export_descr_buildings, but I've literally gone over the files 5 times and redone them and redone them. And besides, I've used the exact same technique 5 times before that with no CTD's.
    It also can't be the menus cause I'm using a 30-faction selection screen...

Does anyone have an inkling as to what might be causing this? Or does anyone have an hour to spare to download my mod and to try and run it and look at the error log afterwards?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stuck at 29 factions

Not having a log sucks, especially since there is a multitude of files where something can go wrong.
    The most common error is in text\expanded.

I expanded on the tutorial by Duke and supplied templates in my version which you may find helpful.