Thread: 144 turns until the very first tech tree unit upgrade?? Am I missing something?

Default 144 turns until the very first tech tree unit upgrade?? Am I missing something?

I won most historical titles since Rome 1 with thousands of hours in this game yet I've never played a TW campaing for longer than 50 turns (manual battles at every turn) so 144 turns just to reach my first unit upgrade means 95% of the tech tree will be completely out of reach for me. Am I missing something? Do most people play the same campaign for months?

To make things even worse, I use a 4tpy mod that doubles research time as I hate winters (the snowy campaign map look, as well as constant attrition)
    (I found a 2x speed mod but that hardly makes any difference)

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 144 turns until the very first tech tree unit upgrade?? Am I missing something?

If you are using a TPY mod...for instance, I use 12 Turns per year...you have to reset building and events to that timescale, manually. There are no provisions by the MK1212 mod team for such changes. The game is set to 2 Turns per year, currently, AFAIK.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode