Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Islam is the heir to Abraham

Default Re: Islam is the heir to Abraham

In John 14:26, the parakletos (called to one's aid; advocate, intercessor, consoler, comforter, helper, Paraclete (see Strong's)) is defined as the hagios pneuma (Holy Spirit/Ghost):

'But the parakletos, which is the hagios pneuma, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.'
    Last edited by Infidel144; May 12, 2021 at 04:50 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    In John 14:26, the parakletos (called to one's aid; advocate, intercessor, consoler, comforter, helper, Paraclete (see Strong's)) is defined as the hagios pneuma (Holy Spirit/Ghost):

'But the parakletos, which is the hagios pneuma, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.'
    Hence the debate. The verses that directly refer to the Counselor not the Spirit the debate is solely theological. The rest of the academic understanding of 1-100AD and after makes clear Jesus was referring to a final prophet after him.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Hence the debate. The verses that directly refer to the Counselor not the Spirit the debate is solely theological.
    There is no debate. There is you making an assertion (Jesus said one more would come after him who was Mohammed) that you have not been able to support.
    A verse you cited specifically states the Paraclete is the Holy Spirit.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

It should be noted that in fact Jesus said almost absolutely none of those words - or more particularly he said none in Greek to argued about in Greek - you now being not a native Greek speaker and what you have is the writings of an educated Hellenistic individual rather after his (J's) death. You can parse what meaning Thucydides intended because he actually wrote in 5th century attic Greek as a native Athenian - but in an often difficult style.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

There is no debate. There is you making an assertion (Jesus said one more would come after him who was Mohammed) that you have not been able to support.
    Literally a wiki page on the debate. I went to divinity school for 3 semesters. Since you aren't familiar with basic stuff like this I am guessing you didn't do even that.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Jesus was talking about the 8th and final prophet in some of those. Whether the Holy Spirit is one throughout all prophets was the debate in his time. And the Counselor with a capital C is a better translation.

Keep in mind how different your view of Christianity is after thousands of years of change than the early Christians, most of it motivated by secular/temporal interests.
    enoch,

It is written that there is one unforgivable sin and that just happens to be against the Holy Spirit of God, why? Because He, not anyone else, He, will lead all believers into truth, the truth that Jesus Christ is God. John wasn't taken up into heaven to see Mohammed, rather to see his God and Saviour Jesus Christ in His glory. So, if that is not true why is it that even Muslims accept that Jesus Christ is coming back to judge the world for only God can do that?

Literally a wiki page on the debate. I went to divinity school for 3 semesters. Since you aren't familiar with basic stuff like this I am guessing you didn't do even that.
    Given your ignorance regarding the subject you introduced, your 3 semesters do not seem to have done much for you.
    And for the record I said Jesus said one more would come after him who was Mohammed. The 8th prophet. Enoch was the uno of course.
    If Enoch is the 1st and Muhammed the 8th, who are the other 6?
    ====

Now also note that while the assertion that enoch is making would have Muhammad be the Holy Spirit, in the Quran the Holy Spirit (Ruh-ul-Qudus) (Holy Spirit) is sent to aid Jesus:

2.253: Of those messengers, some of whom We have caused to excel others, and of whom there are some unto whom Allah spake, while some of them He exalted (above others) in degree; and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) and We supported him with the holy Spirit. And if Allah had so wiled it, those who followed after them would not have fought one with another after the clear proofs had come unto them. But they differed, some of them believing and some disbelieving. And if Allah had so willed it, they would not have fought one with another; but Allah doeth what He will.

And is identified with Jibril/Gabriel (see Ibn Kathir "(And supported him with Ruh-il-Qudus) meaning Allah aided `Isa with Jibil, peace be upon him", or al Jalalayn: " And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear proofs, and confirmed him, strengthened him, with the Holy Spirit, namely, Gabriel who would accompany him wherever he went.").

Indefinitely Banned

Given your ignorance regarding the subject you introduced, your 3 semesters do not seem to have done much for you.

If Enoch is the 1st and Muhammed the 8th, who are the other 6?
    ====

Now also note that while the assertion that enoch is making would have Muhammad be the Holy Spirit, in the Quran the Holy Spirit (Ruh-ul-Qudus) (Holy Spirit) is sent to aid Jesus:

2.253: Of those messengers, some of whom We have caused to excel others, and of whom there are some unto whom Allah spake, while some of them He exalted (above others) in degree; and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) and We supported him with the holy Spirit. And if Allah had so wiled it, those who followed after them would not have fought one with another after the clear proofs had come unto them. But they differed, some of them believing and some disbelieving. And if Allah had so willed it, they would not have fought one with another; but Allah doeth what He will.

And is identified with Jibril/Gabriel (see Ibn Kathir "(And supported him with Ruh-il-Qudus) meaning Allah aided `Isa with Jibil, peace be upon him", or al Jalalayn: " And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear proofs, and confirmed him, strengthened him, with the Holy Spirit, namely, Gabriel who would accompany him wherever he went.").
    I am talking history while you are talking theology. There’s the rub.

enoch,

What history? Why even before Enoch God Himself made the very first prophecy regarding the coming of Jesus Christ meaning in history Enoch was not the first prophet. History was and always is played out by theology not the other way round.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    enoch,

What history? Why even before Enoch God Himself made the very first prophecy regarding the coming of Jesus Christ meaning in history Enoch was not the first prophet. History was and always is played out by theology not the other way round.
    In this case I am talking history and you are talking theology with an addition, I understand the definitions of the words we are using.

enoch,

When Jesus Christ said that many would come in His name to deceive the people have a wee look at what that means. What was His name? According to Gabriel His name was Immanuel, meaning God with us and if so then Mohammed was claiming to be working in God's name or Jesus' name to oust God as Jesus is God. Why Paul wrote that if anyone even by angelic means claimed another Gospel other than his, it was cursed as being no Gospel at all. Mohammed comes into that category. Islam is a false religion.

John 14:17
    that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

While the claim would identify the Spirit of Truth (the parakletos per v16) with Muhammad, Jesus here is speaking to his disciples, re-assuring them in the event of his death. Saying that the Spirit of truth cannot be seen by the world, though Muhammad was seen, that the Spirit of truth is then with the disciples, though Muhammad was not born for another ca. five and half centuries, and would dwell in the disciples, though Muhammad, as but a man did not dwell in anyone let alone multiple of Jesus disciples, all of whom died centuries before Muhammad was born, while Acts 2:1-4 has the Holy Spirit entering the disciples on Pentecost after Jesus death:

1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
    Last edited by Infidel144; May 20, 2021 at 05:16 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Look infidel and basics, y’all are on the same page and I get it. None of this changes that in theology as a study there is an ongoing debate as to whether or not Mohammed is the final prophet but there is No debate regarding Jesus stating there is another to come after him (though considerable debate over whether Jesus was or even thought he was the Christ, who that other was).

I get y’all want to take current views within Christianity and apply them to the past and to all living humans. But that is the silliest.

We had silly
    We had sillier
    We had silliest
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 17, 2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Personal.

enoch,

I see your problem in that you don't want Jesus Christ to be God obviously for personal reasons but it doesn't take away from the fact that Jesus Christ is God. John the Baptist announced Him very clearly as well as baptising Him, why? Because as a prophet of God John knew what he was doing for God. So, did Jesus orchestrate His own death to match that predicted by all the prophets? Strange that the Holy Spirit is still revealing Jesus to people all across the world many of them Muslims why is that?

Indefinitely Banned

enoch,

I see your problem in that you don't want Jesus Christ to be God obviously for personal reasons but it doesn't take away from the fact that Jesus Christ is God. John the Baptist announced Him very clearly as well as baptising Him, why? Because as a prophet of God John knew what he was doing for God. So, did Jesus orchestrate His own death to match that predicted by all the prophets? Strange that the Holy Spirit is still revealing Jesus to people all across the world many of them Muslims why is that?
    I don’t think Jesus Of Nazareth was Christ. And I prefer Arianism as a theological solution for various reasons. Plus Nestor right. But I also don’t believe in the Abrahamic god and morally, I know it is wrong to insist one is right about the unknowable. Too cocky.

enoch,

So John the Baptist was wrong even after having jumped with joy inside his mother's tummy when Mary pregnant with Jesus entered Elizabeth's house?

though Muhammad, as but a man did not dwell in anyone
    Well, you can make a case for him dwelling in his child brides, Epstein style.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

enoch,

In the course of salvation applied by God in the Three Persons what need is there of another prophet?

enoch,

In the course of salvation applied by God in the Three Persons what need is there of another prophet?
    The more, the merrier?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

And John 16:7-15

7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the paraklētos will not come to you; but if I do go, I will send him to you.

And here again, there is the Paraclete, which enoch would have as Muhammad, yet, as shown (see post 47), is defined as the Holy Spirit, which, in Islam, is the angel Jibril/Gabriel (Ruh-il-Qudus).
    Jesus also says that he will send the Paraclete, yet the Quran says that Muhammad is sent by Allah:

2.119 Indeed, We have sent you, [O Muhammad], with the truth as a bringer of good tidings and a warner, and you will not be asked about the companions of Hellfire.
    21.107 We did not send you except as mercy to mankind.
    33.45 O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.

8 And when that one comes, he will give the world convincing evidence concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment: 9 first concerning sin because they are not exercising faith in me 10 then concerning righteousness, because I am going to my Father and you will see me no longer; 11 then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

Here Jesus says he will go to his Father, yet none of the names of Allah are Father, and the Quran denies that Allah is the Father:

5.18 The Jews and the Christians say: 'We are Allah's children and His beloved ones.' Ask them: 'Why, then, does He chastise you for your sins?' You are the same as other men He has created. He forgives whom He wills and chastises whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. To Him is the eventual return.
    9.30 The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
    112.3 He begetteth not nor was begotten.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now. 13 However, when that one comes, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own initiative, but what he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things to come. 14 That one will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to you. 15 All the things that the Father has are mine. That is why I said he receives from what is mine and declares it to you.

Here Jesus states that the Paraclete will receive what is his (Jesus'), and declare it to the disciples yet Muhammad received the Quran from Allah, via Gabriel:

7.157 Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered prophet. Whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injil; he biddeth them to the seemly and prohibiteth unto them the unseemly, alloweth unto them things clean and forbiddeth unto them things unclean and relieveth them of their burthen and the shackles which have been upon them. Those who believe in him and side with him and succour him and follow the light which hath been sent down with him; those: they shall fare well.

The "light" is the Quran:

Abbas: (Then those who believe in him) in Muhammad (pbuh) i.e. 'Abdullah Ibn Salam and his followers, (and honour him) and assist him (and help him) with the sword, (and follow the light) the Qur'an (which is sent down with him) which was sent with Gabriel: that which is lawful, they declared lawful, and that which unlawful, they declared unlawful: (they are the successful) who are saved from Allah's wrath and torment.
    Jalal - Al-Jalalayn: Then those who believe in him, from among them, and honour, revere, him, and help him, and follow the light that has been revealed with him, namely, the Qur’ān, they are the ones who will prosper’.
    Ibn Kathir: (So those who believe in him, honor him, help him.) refers to respecting and honoring Muhammad, (and follow the light which has been sent down with him,) the Qur'an and the revelation Sunnah that the Prophet delivered to mankind (it is they who will be successful.) in this life and the Hereafter.

And while Jesus says all that the Father has is his and all that he has is the Father's, the Quran says that Allah has no partners:

3.64 Say, "People of the Book, let us come to a word common to us that we shall worship none but God and that we shall associate no partner with Him and that none of us shall take others, besides God, for lords." And if they turn away, say, "Bear witness that we have submitted to God."
    4.48 Surely Allah does not forgive that a partner be ascribed to Him, although He forgives any other sins for whomever He wills. He who associates anyone with Allah in His divinity has indeed forged a mighty lie and committed an awesome sin.
    6.163 He has no partner, with that I am commanded, and I am the first of the submitters (Muslims).
    Last edited by Infidel144; May 20, 2021 at 05:22 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast