Thread: 2.35A Baktria : Independance script firing every turn

Default 2.35A Baktria : Independance script firing every turn

Hello, first of all thanks a lot for the nex patch, I am a long term lover of your mod.

In my current campaign I am in a bit of a pickle, after following seleukid mission religiously to get the colony points I fought for independance. Seeing somewhere I needed to take 3 cities and to win 4 battles, I took 4 cities and won manually 5 (including 2 sieges if it coutns differently). I didn't get anythign for a while until I took the 4th city and won the 5th battle (in same turn, battle drew garrison and I took the city hereafter). Now every turn I get the message saying the basileus offers forgiveness, I decline every turn but I never get the next event even though I should have the conditions verified now to get independance (to my knowledge).

Is it intended that I get the Basileus offers forgiveness decision each turn ? (This is my presuposed bug)
    Am I supposed to take another city or win another battle to compelte independance?

Default Re: 2.35A Baktria : Independance script firing every turn

I don't think this is a bug, looking at the script. The offers won't stop until you've taken at least two settlements and won at least 6 battles.

Sieges and naval battles don't count, only field battles do.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 11, 2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't think this is a bug, looking at the script. The offers won't stop until you've taken at least two settlements and won at least 6 battles.

Sieges and naval battles don't count, only field battles do.
    Hum my bad then I probably found an outdated source. I am probably one battle shrot though I am not sure how to count the battle though cause I saw once 4 battle but you need to do them manually and then 6 battle but at least 11 units in enemy army. So I will chase those armies if there is any left in the area. I suppose auto-resolve counts then?

Thansk a lot and sorry for the bad report, it is a bit harder for me to check the script directly in medieval II compared to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fregator View Post
    Hum my bad then I probably found an outdated source. I am probably one battle shrot though I am not sure how to count the battle though cause I saw once 4 battle but you need to do them manually and then 6 battle but at least 11 units in enemy army. So I will chase those armies if there is any left in the area. I suppose auto-resolve counts then?

Thansk a lot and sorry for the bad report, it is a bit harder for me to check the script directly in medieval II compared to other games.
    No, auto-resolve doesn't count; it's a post-battle script that requires an exported counter from the battle engine (which only happens when you play them manually).

I'll have another look tomorrow, we haven't had anyone reporting it flashing up every turn like that before.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 11, 2021 at 05:57 PM.

I've double checked, that's working as intended. Forgiveness/breaking becomes an option when you've won 4 battles against the Seleukids, but you need to have won 6 for it to "take".

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I've double checked, that's working as intended. Forgiveness/breaking becomes an option when you've won 4 battles against the Seleukids, but you need to have won 6 for it to "take".
    So in the end I sent a party to Sousa jsut to find a seleukid army that is big enough (there were none left east). And I actually auto-resolve those 2 missing battles and it worked and I got the event. But I didn't do them manually so it is strange. I had 4 done manually before so maybe it is 4 manual for forgiveness and 6 more than 11 units to take. It seems to be a bit strange and definitely less "clear" what you have to do compared to the mission while you are still a satrapy. And the 6 battles kinda forced me to go all the way to sousa and as seleukid empire is crumbling I wasn't far from just not being able to find a big army left. I went around that by taking the city and then giving it back to seleukid empire to not overexpand and keep my strategy of doing the historic indo-greek kingdom.

i am sorry but I didn't kept the save of when the event was firing each turn cause I thought from previous answer that it was WAD.