Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

Avoiding the mid section of posts and replying just the OP. I pretty sure you could find some more oppressed people than the Palestinians. Restoring aid seems to fall in Biden's wheel house. A foreign policy move that is easy. Does not piss anyone off. Note he not retracting recognition of the Golan or moving the US embassy... In other words not getting distracted from his core aims while he still has a slim congressional majority vaccinations and the economy but doing the easy things to step back from Trump foreign policy. I would note also the junior high grad Iran deal talks in the same cup. The OK Russia or Germany you tell Iran here is what we say while wait for China or whomever to tell us what they say. It is diplomacy. But at a distance and not something to distract too much from what is critical to the administration.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

100% agree. The irony that Biden is one of the best presidents in history already isn't lost on me. Sometimes an old white man is exactly what the world needs to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    It also sounds like you are saying I am right about most jews in Israel being secular but somehow also wrong because secular means Orthodox when you use the word. Am I reading this correct?
    Many secular (Hiloni) Jews in Israel are traditional (Masorti), meaning that despite being secular themselves, they believe the values and traditions of Orthodox Judaism should be culturally normative. Some traditional Jews are completely secular in lifestyle (Hiloni-Masorti), while others observe some of the Orthodox traditions themselves. Less than 3% of Israelis identify with the liberal Jewish movements that predominate in the US, and are generally considered secular in Israel. Those who are fully observant are considered religious (Dati). People who are referred to as Ultra-Orthodox (Haredi), are fundamentalists who adhere to a hardcore interpretation of Jewish law that (despite what they believe) only dates back to the early Twentieth Century.

The demographics in detail:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12