Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

enoch's Avatar Primicerius

Default US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...nians.amp.html

In a restoration of past US policy pre Trump the Biden administration will once again give humanitarian aid to the most oppressed people in the world, the Palestinians. Hopefully the human rights violations perpetrated every day by the IDF will be in the spotlight once again.
    According to Garbarsardar (in the Moderation Commentary thread), discussing Crandar or Enoch is not against the ToS, as they are both the legends of the site.
    imbling

Lusitanio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

Let's just hope they continue to be the biggest donors of bombs in the Middle east! Who doesn't love some nice bombings and killings of innocents, hurray!

Lusitanio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: US will return to being the largest donor to the most oppressed people in the world

By the way, you're talking about $235 million dollars in aid to the Pallestinians while just in military aid, the USA provided $3.8 billion to Israel, in 2019. Talk about a drop in the ocean, right?
    Last edited by Lusitanio; April 08, 2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Just a correction on the grammar.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    the most oppressed people in the world, the Palestinians.
    LMFAO. Good one

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    LMFAO. Good one
    Glad you liked it. It was for you. And fair. Second most after NK.
    According to Garbarsardar (in the Moderation Commentary thread), discussing Crandar or Enoch is not against the ToS, as they are both the legends of the site.
    imbling

Beware the Settlers bearing gifts.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Glad you liked it. It was for you. And fair. Second most after NK.
    Off of the top of my head surely the Rohingya, Uyghurs, various African Pygmy's, Kurds, Assyrians etc are more oppressed than a group that is hardly oppressed other than, largely, muh road access.

The only way it will be resolved is when either the Israeli Arabs or the Orthodox Jews become the majority demographic in Israel.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    The only way it will be resolved is when either the Israeli Arabs or the Orthodox Jews become the majority demographic in Israel.
    The former won't happen if you look at demographic trends, and why do you think the latter would change anything?

The former won't happen if you look at demographic trends, and why do you think the latter would change anything?
    I dare to say that orthodox Jews would pursue even more aggressive policy toward Palestinians, up to Chinese or German style final solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I dare to say that orthodox Jews would pursue even more aggressive policy toward Palestinians, up to Chinese or German style final solution.
    I think even in this scenario they would stick to the illegal settlements and the current slow moving genocide. They already chased them from their homes and massacred them most WW2. Plus with an orthodox majority the IDF would lose its current SS level capabilities and running at least the Gaza camp would be a chore. Plus the welfare state would take a lot of resources as most of the orthodox live off state subsidies.
    imbling

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Nonsense, why do you make such an assumption?
    I think people don't understand who the ultra-orthodox are. They are non-zionists (some are anti-zionists), welfare-state supporters, don't (largely) serve in the army, hardly partake in the running of the state (UTJ refuses to fill the post of minister for example) and generally have a very neutral stance to the palestinian conflict.
    I think even in this scenario they would stick to the illegal settlements and the current slow moving genocide.
    A genocide so slow that their population has multiplied. But don't worry, we'll get there eventually! Only ∞ more years to go.
    They already chased them from their homes and massacred them most WW2. Plus with an orthodox majority the IDF would lose its current SS level capabilities and running at least the Gaza camp would be a chore. Plus the welfare state would take a lot of resources as most of the orthodox live off state subsidies.
    lmao.

lmao.
    Your posts have improved in quality since I was last here as enoch. Would you elaborate just a bit? I thought my take was spot on and assume you did too as you laughed at how ridiculous orthodox and Israel are but got to say, Holocausts aren’t funny.
    imbling

Your posts have improved in quality since I was last here as enoch. Would you elaborate just a bit? I thought my take was spot on and assume you did too as you laughed at how ridiculous orthodox and Israel are but got to say, Holocausts arenít funny.
    Your posts are absurd, you have to be trolling. There's no way you would actually believe that there is a genocide happening. The statement that if the country has an orthodox majority (it already does. You mean Ultra-Orthodox, or Haredi. 90%+ of Israeli Jews are Orthodox) the army would lose it's "SS capabilities", whatever that means, is to be quite honest, racist. Running the "Gaza camp"? You mean the blockade? Why would that end?

90%+ of Israeli Jews are Orthodox)
    This statement is absurd. I worked in Israel on and off in the late aughts and I would describe the majority of Jews as secular. Testimonials are of course idiocy but I am willing to bet a simple internet search will show us all that I am right, and the above statement is wrong.

And if you are wrong about something as simple as population demographics chances are...
    imbling

A genocide so slow that their population has multiplied. But don't worry, we'll get there eventually! Only ∞ more years to go.
    Jews are tricksy...

This statement is absurd. I worked in Israel on and off in the late aughts and I would describe the majority of Jews as secular. Testimonials are of course idiocy but I am willing to bet a simple internet search will show us all that I am right, and the above statement is wrong.

And if you are wrong about something as simple as population demographics chances are...
    This is one of those times where I meant Jews as in people who religiously identify as Jews, not Jews as an ethnicity.
    Regardless, in Israel the designation isn't the regular "secular", it's "Hiloni". While not generally speaking religious a large percentage of them will still adhere to at least some religious customs: fasting on Yom Kippur, only eating Kosher food, circumcising their sons (by going to and orthodox rabbi), marriage (married by an orthodox rabbi) etc.
    Orthodox is a strain of Judaism, like Catholicism is of Christianity or Sunni is of Islam.

This is one of those times where I meant Jews as in people who religiously identify as Jews, not Jews as an ethnicity.
    Regardless, in Israel the designation isn't the regular "secular", it's "Hiloni". While not generally speaking religious a large percentage of them will still adhere to at least some religious customs: fasting on Yom Kippur, only eating Kosher food, circumcising their sons (by going to and orthodox rabbi), marriage (married by an orthodox rabbi) etc.
    Orthodox is a strain of Judaism, like Catholicism is of Christianity or Sunni is of Islam.
    I grew up in northern NJ and spent my adult life in LA. I am familiar with the various types of jews although did learn about the mizrahi today literally. I have never heard Orthodox used in reference to secular jews. Not in the US or Israel. When Orthodox is used in the US at least it is specifically referring to practicing Jews who follow the Orthodox? rules.

It also sounds like you are saying I am right about most jews in Israel being secular but somehow also wrong because secular means Orthodox when you use the word. Am I reading this correct?
    imbling

I grew up in northern NJ and spent my adult life in LA. I am familiar with the various types of jews although did learn about the mizrahi today literally. I have never heard Orthodox used in reference to secular jews. Not in the US or Israel. When Orthodox is used in the US at least it is specifically referring to practicing Jews who follow the Orthodox? rules.
    It's not often used in Israel either because it's redundant, there are just so few other denominations here that it barely ever comes up.
    Mizrahi isn't akin to orthodox, rather, virtually all Mizrahi are Orthodox. It's a subsect, like Ashkenazi or Sephardi (which can be reformed or conservative).
    Most Jews in the US aren't orthodox, so that might be part of the reason you're unfamiliar.
    It also sounds like you are saying I am right about most jews in Israel being secular but somehow also wrong because secular means Orthodox when you use the word. Am I reading this correct?
    Well, Hiloni are just under half of Jews so a plurality rather than a majority, but yeah. You're mostly wrong because I was talking about Jew as a religion, not ethnicity.

Mostly wrong is my life story. Me and Israel have that in common.
    imbling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast