Thread: Messana script for war with Rome/Carthage?

Campidoctor

Default Messana script for war with Rome/Carthage?

Playing as Rome, I got a scripted popup asking whether or not to go to war with Carthage when they took Messana. I wasn't ready to make that decision at the time so I saved and exited last night. Loaded back in today but the popup is gone, and didn't come up again the next turn.

I'm wondering if there's anything that either accepting or declining the offer of war in the popup would have triggered, and if by not triggering it I will miss out on anything else after the fact. And any more information (or where to find it) about that particular script/popup would be appreciated.

Default Re: Messana script for war with Rome/Carthage?

From what I remember, if you went to war with Carthage, they would get a few more troops and ships, nothing else so you don't miss that much.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    From what I remember, if you went to war with Carthage, they would get a few more troops and ships, nothing else so you don't miss that much.
    So for elite gamers like me the strat is to actually bypass the script ? Nice.

Yeah, basically the script wants to simulate the start of the first Punic war. It does give whoever is the AI faction some extra troops to make it more interesting. Attacking without the script tis actually "easier" but honestly given no matter who you play with the other is supposed to be your main rival for a lot of the campaign, the extra stuff is nice even if it makes it more difficult.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Campidoctor

I guess I kinda wish I accepted war, Carthage been getting spanked by Syrakousi since then, coulda used the extra help. But they seem to slowly be building up toward conquering them, which is probably the point. But yeah, it was end of first turn, I still had southern Italy to worry about. And now I have massive rampaging barbarian hordes that have been raiding my northern borders for years to worry about. Carthage will still be there when I'm ready