Thread: Ancient Empires: Nightmare Galatians let's play

Default Ancient Empires: Nightmare Galatians let's play

Hello guys.
    I started another Ancient Empires campaign and I would love to share it with you guys.
    In this campaign, we will play as the Galatians, on Nightmare difficulty.
    I think Galatians is a very interesting faction to play. They have great and fun units, challenging starting location and they look kinda cool with all their naked units.
    Our objective is to defeat all of the Successor Kingdoms.
    I think it will be a fun campaign.
    If you have any feedbacks or suggestions, please let me know. I appreciate that. Thank you very much.
    Here is the first episode:

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Nightmare Galatians let's play

Hello guys.
    Episode 2 is out.
    We fight the Bythinian in this episode, it was a very tough fight.
    We still managed to win, but at a great cost.
    The situation looks dire, can we survive?
    Let's see how things go in the next episode.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This looks a fun campaign and a great demonstration of the Ancient Empires mod.

This looks challenging when you're at war on two fronts at the start, with an unskilled commander and low public order, on Nightmare difficulty! I was worried when you moved your army towards Amaseia and saw the size of the enemy forces there. At least you have a good selection of mercenaries to choose from. The Tarantine cavalry and (as you said) the Rhodian slingers look like good options.

You asked for feedback or suggestions. I'm enjoying this, I like the way that you discuss your chracaters, your faction's situation and the choice of units for the battle at Amaseia. I like the way that you define your own campaign objectives, too. You could try posting shorter videos. For example, your first episode could have been 15 minutes, ending with your assessment of the strength of the enemy forces at Amaseia and your discussion of the available mercenaries. People watching the first episode could have discussed which mercenaries they should you should hire, and how best to use them in battle. If you did that, the Battle of Amaseia could have been the second episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    This looks a fun campaign and a great demonstration of the Ancient Empires mod.

This looks challenging when you're at war on two fronts at the start, with an unskilled commander and low public order, on Nightmare difficulty! I was worried when you moved your army towards Amaseia and saw the size of the enemy forces there. At least you have a good selection of mercenaries to choose from. The Tarantine cavalry and (as you said) the Rhodian slingers look like good options.

You asked for feedback or suggestions. I'm enjoying this, I like the way that you discuss your chracaters, your faction's situation and the choice of units for the battle at Amaseia. I like the way that you define your own campaign objectives, too. You could try posting shorter videos. For example, your first episode could have been 15 minutes, ending with your assessment of the strength of the enemy forces at Amaseia and your discussion of the available mercenaries. People watching the first episode could have discussed which mercenaries they should you should hire, and how best to use them in battle. If you did that, the Battle of Amaseia could have been the second episode.
    Thank you very much, especially for the feedback. I really appreciate it since I dont have much experience or knowledge about making video. Im still learning.
    Also battle mechanics in AE is very different, in an interesting way. Im still getting used to it.

Hi guys.
    Episode 3 is here.
    We turned the table by taking out the Bythinia, now we are in a much better position.
    What should we do next? Going for the Trapezos and get rid of this major pain in the ass or advancing into Greek land through Byzantium?

Hi guys.
    Part 4 is here with a quick guide to building and edicts in AE.
    Hope its helpful for you guys.