Thread: how are you supposed to take regions as a small faction when the AI gets so many bonuses?

Default how are you supposed to take regions as a small faction when the AI gets so many bonuses?

playing as Parthia on normal/normal (as suggested by the testudo submod) and I managed to build up my forces and rush a 1 city-faction near me, but the next one over (a single region scythian faction) already has 1.5+ stacks and continues to grow every recruiting season. I can afford a bit over 1 stack with the city and town I got before I go into the negatives, and they are camping near their city with a garrison of 14. I presume they will fill up that 2nd stack and probably start on another. Even if they don't declare war first and kill me I cant see how Im gonna win if i cant expand. The only way I can see myself resolving this situation and taking them out before they get too strong is cheesing the AI somehow or save scumming with agents or something and maybe not even then

Default Re: how are you supposed to take regions as a small faction when the AI gets so many bonuses?

One way to deal with this situation is declare war and set an ambush. Ai will take the bait and you can destroy their army. Then attack to take their settlement. I dont know if its cheesy or not though.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: how are you supposed to take regions as a small faction when the AI gets so many bonuses?

Well, you play Testudo, which makes stuff different so best to place feedback there.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Leminh1988 View Post
    One way to deal with this situation is declare war and set an ambush. Ai will take the bait and you can destroy their army. Then attack to take their settlement. I dont know if its cheesy or not though.
    yeah i thought of that. i guess it kind of is because ambush success chance is usually pretty low unless the general is specialized in it and you have thick forest , so it would require a lot of save scumming

Quote Originally Posted by justlol View Post
    yeah i thought of that. i guess it kind of is because ambush success chance is usually pretty low unless the general is specialized in it and you have thick forest , so it would require a lot of save scumming
    You dont need to have a successful ambush. Even if you fail you can still fight their army on the field. The ambush stance is to make your army "disappear" from the campaign map so the AI will see it as an opening and attack you. No save scum needed.