Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biden to Sign Executive Action on Guns

Default Re: Biden to Sign Executive Action on Guns

Guns should be called "Holy Instruments of America", everything else is just libcuckery.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

The idea that right-wing gun owners are going to fight back against the rise of a future tyrannical government is absolutely ludicrous for several reasons:

-Where was this army of patriots ready to face down the entire US military during the Obama administration? Even those of you who didn't tell everyone within earshot how he was a secret Muslim from Kenya out to place America under Sharia/usher in the NWO one world government/start the genocide of the white race still held him up as a tyrant on the order of Stalin, Hitler and Mao. So why weren't you all forming into militias and launching attacks on the nearest military base then? Why were no cities seized in the name of the glorious patriotic gun owning army?

If the best you all could do during what you claimed was oppression and tyranny was make mean comments online, then I'm led to believe you're all talk.

-Considering how under Trump the right has show a reverence for dictators, a willingness to believe outrageous lies as long as they play to your prejudices, a deep distrust of democracy and democratic norms, and the capacity to actually attack the US Capital, it seems to me to be far more likely you will be fighting to install a tyrant rather than against one.

Easily resolved:

1. Mandatory conscription into the State militia, which removes the issue from political partisanship.

2. Free gun safe.

3. One subsidized assault rifle, on the premise that everyone should have access to and afford one, as well as the soldier is more likely to look after it if he owns it.

4. Subsidized assault rifle can not be gifted to anyone else, and must be returned or resold to the Federal government, on the death or incapacitation of the owner.

5. Any further accumulation of assault rifles requires a license per weapon.

6. Provision of cheap ammunition on the shooting range, with encouragement to spend as much time there as the soldier likes, which will improve gun handling, accuracy, and likely any number of personal frustrations.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Guns are fun, it's true.
    But based on statistics Americans have proven that they shouldn't have any.
    Also, based on the creepy and near erotic attachment displayed in this thread and others: images of guns should probably be censored in American media.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The etymology of the term isn't relevant. In the context of the gun control debate, it is used as a weasel word.
    When you say "that's an X weasel word"; you are pretty heavily implying that X either came up with it or have some ownership of the word. Regardless, you'll find that many gun categorizations are "weasel words" as they are much more about ascribing a role the weapon rather than refer to it's technical characteristics. It is kinda funny you are acting indignant over the use of "assault weapon" like it's a "liberal" (not really sure where they come into this) smear when the weapon systems are basically assault rifles stuck on semi-auto, the best setting to have it on anyways. Assault Rifle -> Assault Weapon = big smear, apparently.

I suppose you don't see the irony in arguing that the term semi-automatic rifles "seems a bit broad", but "assault weapons" (an intentionally open-ended, nonspecific phrase) doesn't. The latter is almost as bad as "weapons of war" (another favourite among liberals).
    Keep up, they are all open-ended, nonspecific phrases. Battle rifles, Personal Defense Weapons, and even machine guns are defined much more by their role in combat than technical specs. This was a big sticking point for the Federal AWB back in the 90s when the government realized it's pretty hard to narrowly define firearms in a legal sense. Like, if you put a stock onto a pistol, is it still a pistol or is it now a carbine? I don't think there is a correct answer to that. "Assault weapons" seems to be a repository term for assault rifles (and to some extent battle rifles) that can no longer operate fully automatic. Idk if the term is good or not, at least it seems close to Assault Rifles, but I can understand wanting to give a name to such a category of weaponry.

And you can keep complaining about what "liberals" call things; I just remember conservatives falling in love with the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" for awhile without having a clear idea what that means. Perhaps people just like buzzwords?
    The point about pistols serves only to prove that so-called "assault weapons" are not inherently more lethal than handguns. In fact, the data has persistently shown than handguns account for the overwhelming majority of firearm related deaths in the US (of which the majority are suicides).
    Wut? The point was about how tricky it is to properly define firearms, I wasn't speaking to anything about weapon lethality. And while I obviously agree that the large majority of firearm deaths are caused by handguns, I am weirded out by how you chose to describe that; assault rifles (even stuck on semi-auto) are far more lethal than pistols should you be shot by one. The energy of the projectiles, capacity and accuracy are far superior, the big difference is in the convenience (as well as cost) of the weapon system. This would be like saying a dagger is more lethal than a pole-axe or something; I get the point of the smaller system being responsible for more deaths but that's a weird way to say it.

Since we are here, though, I would be interested as to why you are noting the majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    When you say "that's an X weasel word"; you are pretty heavily implying that X either came up with it or have some ownership of the word.
    There is no such implication.

Regardless, you'll find that many gun categorizations are "weasel words" as they are much more about ascribing a role the weapon rather than refer to it's technical characteristics.
    Most firearm classifications/descriptions are not intentionally ambiguous terms posing as specific terms. Whether or not they are able to fully express the nature of a weapon in mechanical terms is irrelevant.

It is kinda funny you are acting indignant over the use of "assault weapon" like it's a "liberal" (not really sure where they come into this) smear when the weapon systems are basically assault rifles stuck on semi-auto, the best setting to have it on anyways. Assault Rifle -> Assault Weapon = big smear, apparently.
    If the term “assault weapon” simply refers to rifles with semi-automatic capability then it is redundant. The point is that it doesn’t.

Keep up, they are all open-ended, nonspecific phrases.
    They aren't, but in any case, the double standard is what’s being objected to. Complaining that “semi-automatic rifle” is too “broad” a term while defending the use of “assault weapon” (a much more open-ended and ambiguous phrase) is insincere.

Battle rifles, Personal Defense Weapons, and even machine guns are defined much more by their role in combat than technical specs. This was a big sticking point for the Federal AWB back in the 90s when the government realized it's pretty hard to narrowly define firearms in a legal sense. Like, if you put a stock onto a pistol, is it still a pistol or is it now a carbine? I don't think there is a correct answer to that. "Assault weapons" seems to be a repository term for assault rifles (and to some extent battle rifles) that can no longer operate fully automatic. Idk if the term is good or not, at least it seems close to Assault Rifles, but I can understand wanting to give a name to such a category of weaponry.
    Those wishing to impose controls should be able to define precisely what it is they want controlled and why. Weasel words like “assault weapon” are employed to give the impression of specificity when they are anything but.

And you can keep complaining about what "liberals" call things; I just remember conservatives falling in love with the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction" for awhile without having a clear idea what that means. Perhaps people just like buzzwords?
    Whataboutery.

Wut? The point was about how tricky it is to properly define firearms, I wasn't speaking to anything about weapon lethality. And while I obviously agree that the large majority of firearm deaths are caused by handguns, I am weirded out by how you chose to describe that; assault rifles (even stuck on semi-auto) are far more lethal than pistols should you be shot by one. The energy of the projectiles, capacity and accuracy are far superior, the big difference is in the convenience (as well as cost) of the weapon system. This would be like saying a dagger is more lethal than a pole-axe or something; I get the point of the smaller system being responsible for more deaths but that's a weird way to say it.
    Manoeuvrability, the ability to conceal, cost, accessibility, ease of use and context are all relevant factors in determining lethality. This is plainly born out by the statistics. Case in point: daggers/knives are one of, if not the most, effective melee weapon, even though the potential force they can exert is less than that of a polearm.

If the objective of gun control advocates is to reduce the number of deaths or injuries caused by firearms in civilian life, then one would expect them to prioritize controlling handguns over rifles. In fact, rifles would typically be viewed as an irrelevance.

Since we are here, though, I would be interested as to why you are noting the majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides.
    To highlight the unnecessary focus on “assault weapons” when only a tiny percentage of firearm deaths (much less criminal firearm deaths) are associated with semi-automatic rifles. Other common complaints regarding caliber, magazine capacity and rate of fire are also irrelevant with relation to suicide.
    Last edited by Cope; April 09, 2021 at 07:50 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Why is the final sentence in all your posts "Last edited by Cope; Today at" and then a random time?

Laetus

A neonservative ridden party or biden [ neonservatives has nothing to do with classic conservatives, necons started from democratic party and where troyskytes and set shop in republicans] trying to get the army out...\

How about getting out of syria and the proxy wars they done with them and collaborations with some doubtful elements/ISL. That would be something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFQ-...ture=emb_title

The conflict of interest: and insider trading with robinhood

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/537 ... e-gamestop

And who they put in charge a clueless and corrupt maxime walter of head of The Securities And Exchange Commission:

https://thepostmillennial.com/maxine-wa ... streetbets

Instead of attacking the big hedge founds who manipulated clearly the market along with collaboration of robinhood she attacked reedit short sellers
    and the average joe the retail investors who where the one who could not buy the stock because of roobinhood market manipulation and insider trading

https://thepostmillennial.com/maxine-wa ... streetbets
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/ ... 2600a96161

While roobinhood got in clear after the defense:
    https://apnews.com/article/gamestop-hea ... b69dcaafca

By the way wall street bets now is totally manipulated with pump and dump stocks by the same people.

You know how much democratic party and its president Biden got from wall street and who backed it up:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/09/busi ... treet.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/wall-st ... biden.html

This the real scandal.

Last edited by alhoon; April 16, 2021 at 08:05 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Trump is not in massive debt to big banks. One of his best selling points vs Biden.

That may change once Deutschebank records become public.

Forty Five might be busy milking the Republican base in order to divert the funds to pay off those loans.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Indefinitely Banned

Of course that is what he is doing. And fund his lifestyle. It would be folly to think otherwise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123