View Poll Results: Do you want This old Georgian warriors in the game?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 55.26%
  • No

17 44.74%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Old Georgian Units Submod for EB II 2.35A

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Old Georgia - Colchis and Iberia (information and pictures)

fast sketch - Colchian Noble

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Hi, guys! I have read this incredible materials and have a honor to fully support this wonderful idea. Bravo for your huge work, Khevsur. Amazing illustrations

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Hi, guys! I have read this incredible materials and have a honor to fully support this wonderful idea. Bravo for your huge work, Khevsur. Amazing illustrations

thanks,

I do not know why... But Unfortunately, many users want to ignore the ancient Georgian culture.

I am trying to present this ancient country that already existed in the 13th century BC - Kingdom of Colchis, When there was no Rome, Parthia, Armenia.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 05, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I corrected my drawing, I replacing the bronze armor with an iron armor.

Iberian warrior V-III c BC - Meomarni kartlisani
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 08, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Icon6 Old Georgian Units Native Names Submod for EB II 2.35A

This is Old Georgian Units Native Names Submod . I am Georgian and of course I know Georgian languages well . I Fixed grammatical mistakes and changed foreign names :

Meomarni Kartlisani (Iberian Warriors) - Kartvelni Mehomni
    Egrisali Bordzalamephi (Colchian Spearmens) - Pezoi Kolkhikoi
    Chani Bordzalamephi (Chalybean Spearmens) - Khaldiae

Download Link
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ucnba...Names.rar/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 06, 2021 at 02:03 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Icon9 Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I hope in next version will be Historically accurate Caucasian Iberian and Colchian Warriors . Please remove horned clowns And no existing equipment- weapons.
    I have an interest, why team is trying to ignore my hard work ?They do not know the old Georgian military history. I hope the team will appreciate my hard work.
    I sent all the materials User Zarrr

The behavior of some users is also unfortunate - They try to make fun oldest small country history, This oldest people and country exists today.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 07, 2021 at 04:34 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Khevsur, personal work and input is always much appreciated, but as a member of another modding team, I can tell you that by and large there are too many tasks being undertaken by too few people. More than that, there are structural things always being tweaked or added to such sweeping mods like the EBII one here. Given those things, it is fair to assume that you are not being ignored, but rather that there are more pressing things to be dealt with before making cosmetic changes to a handful of units that only appear in a handful of territories. Just keep posting the info and sources you have, and when the team has the time, they will be sure to do something with it.
    The Kingdom of Colchis was established in the 13th century BC .In eastern Georgia 11th century BC were city-states . This is a unique region.

These warriors played a big role in the Hellenistic era. Were allies of Armenia, Rome and Pontus. They also successfully fought against Parthia, Armenia and Greeks .

I want the game to be historically accurate, I want the Caucasus to be historically accurate

Sorry , but when the team does not know old Georgian military history and ignores me. I'm disappointed. I have visits with Georgian archaeologists. My illustrations are almost 90% accurate .It hurts when my work is not appreciated
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 07, 2021 at 11:21 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Colchian Warrior And Hats From Colchian World

1-6 )Hat from Colchian Bronze Axe

2) hat from Colchian Figrues

3)Pathlagonian Helmet - According to Xenophon Colchians wore these helmets

4) Hat from Figure Vani

5) Hat from Colchian Silver Belt

Iberian Hats and Leather Helmets

1. Hat from gaming Plate dedoflisgora
    2. Helmet from iberian man figure

3.helmet from Gomi ryton
    4.Caucasian highlanders traditional Hat
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 06:49 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

The team does not appreciate my work, but I never give up

I believe that one day these warriors will be resurrected

Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 06:46 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Just voted in this poll. I gave you a 'yes' but its just because of all your work and dedication. I dont play this mod, and i dont plan to play it - not because i have anything against it, i just dont have time for it. From the votes i can see that more or less half of the votes are against. Im not surprised - there is nothing particularly special about Georgia in that period to an outsider. For you its so special because that is your culture, for others its pretty much irrelevant. I can see you mentioned again that the team doesnt appreciate your work but you have to keep in mind its their mod and their decisions.

Anyway to be a bit constructive here aswell, you mentioned earlier that the modding team requires photorealistic faces, and not drawings. Well, we live in the digital age, and the AI is getting better and better, so why not use some AI generated faces for example? Check this website:

https://generated.photos/faces

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Vladyvid

thanks

These warriors are relevant to hellenistic era. I say whatever is not of the Hellenistic era. in hellenistic era Colchis and Iberia were important, Because these Kingdoms are very ancient and was located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia. They protected the empires from the northern nomads.old Georgians were warrior people. They were very mad and fast in battle, brave and strong. They are mentioned in Hittite, Assyrian, Urartian and Greek sources.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 07:25 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Ok so these warriors are relevant to the era you are saying, i get it and i dont mean to deny any of that importance. Im only saying that most people are ignorant to this information, like me, because we never exposed to anything about Georgia really. I mean when i look back to my school days, i dont remember the mention of your country. For you this can be the same about some other distant country, thats just relative.

I wish you luck with this project. Maybe try making a submod that will be focused on that area, i dont know. Can you just tell me how you create those artworks? Are they digital drawings or canvas paintings? I mean in some places i think i see something like a canvas texture, so im a bit puzzled.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Ok so these warriors are relevant to the era you are saying, i get it and i dont mean to deny any of that importance. Im only saying that most people are ignorant to this information, like me, because we never exposed to anything about Georgia really. I mean when i look back to my school days, i dont remember the mention of your country. For you this can be the same about some other distant country, thats just relative.

I wish you luck with this project. Maybe try making a submod that will be focused on that area, i dont know. Can you just tell me how you create those artworks? Are they digital drawings or canvas paintings? I mean in some places i think i see something like a canvas texture, so im a bit puzzled.

You do not know about the journey of the Argonauts to Colchis?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis

I am drawing In artrage

I want only 3 historically accurate units, But the team does not want historical accuracy. They do not know the old georgian military history , They make horned clowns (According to the bronze figures of old Georgian musicians ) and Greek warriors , I think there is a lot of evil and envy here, because I love my country.They envy my drawings

I want a submod, But I do not know how to do it. If you help me, I will be grateful. I only want 3 units
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 09:52 AM.

Yes. The EB team is evil because their limited time and resources are not being focussed on a few barely-relevant Caucasian states. Totally logical thinking. Yes. They are envious of me! I can tell because of their total apathy to my forum spam.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

This is not spam, this is hard work

When I see horned musicians-clowns And Greek warriors In Caucasian iberian unit, This is a humiliation of the military history of my country. I say but they ignore me.

It's a shame
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 10:28 AM.

Your drawings are beautiful and I admire your dedication. But it's not fair to insult other peoples hard work. Nobody is trying to humiliate the Kartveli. That makes no sense. That someone researched and sculpted a unit in the first place is a respect to your country's history, even if the helmets are wrong or whatever. It's a small team working on a huge mod; there's going to be discrepancies and differing interpretations here and there. My advice is that you pitch in and edit the models yourself. You clearly have talent as an artist.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Smicarus View Post
    Your drawings are beautiful and I admire your dedication. But it's not fair to insult other peoples hard work. Nobody is trying to humiliate the Kartveli. That makes no sense. That someone researched and sculpted a unit in the first place is a respect to your country's history, even if the helmets are wrong or whatever. It's a small team working on a huge mod; there's going to be discrepancies and differing interpretations here and there. My advice is that you pitch in and edit the models yourself. You clearly have talent as an artist.
    thanks.
    Unfortunately I do not know 3D.I can draw textures for this game

History lovers are playing this game around the world. I do not like it when the old georgian warriors are funny and everyone is watching it. I working 3 years. but they ignore me and make horny musicians-clowns from georgian bronze musicians figurine.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 09, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    thanks.
    Unfortunately I do not know 3D.I can draw textures for this game

History lovers are playing this game around the world. I do not like it when the old georgian warriors are funny and everyone is watching it. I working 3 years. but they ignore me and make horny musicians-clowns from georgian bronze musicians figurine.

Hello Khevsur!

You did some great drawings and some great research.

If the EB II team fails to satisfy you and ignores you, try writing posts in other Medieval II or Rome Remastered (when it comes out), who knows maybe they will be able to make some units you want so badly.

Is there any other reason besides lack of resources to ignoring Khevsur's expertise in this matter, as he is clearly quite up to date on the subject and able to study Georgian-language materials? Given how dedicated to historical accuracy and detail the team is. I really hope he gets someone to help with the design. I lack the competence, sadly.

My suggestion to Khevsur is to try to normalize relations to the team instead of flaming further, as frustrating as the situation is. You all have a lot in common in the sense that no one who works hard for free wants to be ignored nor insulted.

A follow-up question. Is it so that there are some Georgian units that are made wrong, but no specific Georgian units made to look like Greeks? Because the ones using Georgian slots could be fixed, but as I understand, the limited unit slots cannot really be used on additional Georgian units replacing the Greek ones, because that would happen on the expense of others. I guess Georgian units are marginal in the scope of the game, and that does not imply that Georgian history in itself is marginal.

That said, I am delighted to see that my culture is in a way represented in Proto-Germanic and Lougione names even though the area falls outside the scope of the game (as it should). I can recognize many terms even better than modern Germanic or Baltic speakers (kuningaz is "kuningas" in modern Finnish, druhtinaz is "ruhtinas", laiwa is "laiva", etc.). Having the correct names for Georgian units would be an easy fix unless Khevsur is suggesting modern Georgian names to replace genuinely classical ones.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast