View Poll Results: Do you want This old Georgian warriors in the game?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 55.26%
  • No

17 44.74%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Old Georgian Units Submod for EB II 2.35A

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Old Georgia - Colchis and Iberia (information and pictures)

septentrionalis

first,I want reworking Caucasian iberians, also Colchian hoplites and Chalybeans phalanx according to my art and work (I want to defend historical accuracy ) . also new Colchian Tribal Axeman( with paphlagonian helmets, leather shields, flax and leather armors ) and Caucasian Iberian Shock Cavalry . 3 reworked + 2 new unit .

also maybe Circasian units reworking - Give Circassians hoplons( this is hoplites shieds from Colchis) to the Colchian hoplites, and Kartvelians iron plates shields (These shields are from Colchis and the Black Sea coast ) Give Circassians .
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 10, 2021 at 06:35 PM.

Thank you for clarifying. I am not really up to date with the unit slot economics of EB2, but I doubt that the team could spare two new units. Fixing the existing ones should be feasible if the resources were in place. In principle, I do not see much difference in having vikings with horned helmets and Caucasians with horned helmets in a historically accurate game, if both are wrong.

On a lighter note, I really wish I had some khachapuri and good Georgian wine right now.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. I am not really up to date with the unit slot economics of EB2, but I doubt that the team could spare two new units. Fixing the existing ones should be feasible if the resources were in place. In principle, I do not see much difference in having vikings with horned helmets and Caucasians with horned helmets in a historically accurate game, if both are wrong.

On a lighter note, I really wish I had some khachapuri and good Georgian wine right now.
    They Created horned helmets from old georgians musicians bronze figurine, also Greek helmets,cnemids and iron plates shields from north-east black sea coast were not in caucasian Iberia. this black hats - also These are not known.

Come to Georgia.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 10, 2021 at 07:02 PM.

mmmh...horned musicians...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    mmmh...horned musicians...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

yes . Berikaoba - This is oldest Pagan Georgian Theatrical-musical ritual
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berikaoba

Last edited by Khevsur; April 11, 2021 at 03:04 PM.

You're amazing I hope they take notice

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Is there any other reason besides lack of resources to ignoring Khevsur's expertise in this matter, as he is clearly quite up to date on the subject and able to study Georgian-language materials? Given how dedicated to historical accuracy and detail the team is. I really hope he gets someone to help with the design. I lack the competence, sadly.

My suggestion to Khevsur is to try to normalize relations to the team instead of flaming further, as frustrating as the situation is. You all have a lot in common in the sense that no one who works hard for free wants to be ignored nor insulted.
    I don't usually bother with this but taking into consideration all the spam in the recent days, here we go:

The team surely hasn't been ignoring Khevsur "expertise" in this matter, and I do believe that all the models are done with a throughly research as well that there is something to gain from Khevsur work.
    However, please take into consideration that not only has Khevsur been antagonizing the EBII team for years now, being rude and demanding to a team composed of people working for free on a project they love, I find a good amount of his "research" having ridiculous claims such as the last videos he posted about the Iberians?? (in Spain) being somehow related with the ancient Georgians. Be sure that the team does not "envy" his work which suffers a lot from a nationalistic agenda and confirmation bias. I still appreciate his work and drawings but this whole situation is becoming quite tiring honestly.
    I do hope that somehow Khevsur finds someone capable of creating models corresponding exactly to his ideas of what warriors from Ancient Georgia looked like.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Lusitanio

Unfortunately my English language is poor, Sorry if I said anything bad
    I also work for free ,
    I am an expert on Old Georgian military history at TWcenter.net . You can trust my information. If you think that My research is wrong, you can read my uploaded Pdf Files And study archeological works! I uploaded personal page of all archaeologists.

I thought it was interesting. There are many parallels about Spanish Iberians and Georgians, You can search works about this . Thanks for the attention
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 12, 2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I am an expert on Old Georgian military history at TWcenter.net . You can trust my information
    Lusitanio was trying to be polite, so I'll be more blunt.

Sorry, but your particular biases, which you've demonstrated time and again, make your reading of the sources suspect at best.

The place to take your intentions for EBII is the submod forum. Stop harrassing the team to remake the mod to your personal tastes.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Lusitanio was trying to be polite, so I'll be more blunt.

Sorry, but your particular biases, which you've demonstrated time and again, make your reading of the sources suspect at best.

The place to take your intentions for EBII is the submod forum. Stop harrassing the team to remake the mod to your personal tastes.
    ok . You know and archaeologists do not know? You can explore for yourself. But remember, do not make musician clowns like soldiers

https://www.academia.edu/36559285/We...tury_AD_I_Part
    https://www.academia.edu/36559253/We...ury_AD_II_Part
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 12, 2021 at 05:13 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Old Georgian Units Submod for EB II 2.35A

I draw caucasian Iberian Light cavalry I-II c AD

I love this game and my small oldest country,
    Which defeated the Parthian Empire In all battles

Last edited by Khevsur; April 15, 2021 at 02:45 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I think a member of mod the team, Which is responsible for information about the Caucasus region. He does not know anything about the history of the Caucasus and old Georgia (Colchis and Iberia) .Or he is specifically trying to ignore old Georgia (Colchis and Iberia). He does not know the Georgian language and distorts it. He makes big grammatical mistakes.

for example :

unit name - Kartvelni Mehomni. mehomni-This word does not exist in modern and ancient Georgian languages.old Georgian correct form is Meomarni Kartlisani. I want the source where that word is? - mehomni.

kartveleni,zaneni- This is a modern georgian names - Grammatically distorted forms. old georgian correct form is Kartlelni , Egriselni

But he stubbornly calls it by this name. And they ignore me, especially since my native language is Georgian. And I know the history of Georgia better than any other team member. When I talk about their mistakes, they get angry.

also ,It is not mentioned in the description that the Chalybes are old georgian - Colchian tribe. Chalybes are considered to be synonymous with the "Khalds", which the Armenian "geography" of the VIII century identifies with the Chans. Therefore, the Chalybes are usually considered to be Western-Georgian tribes.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 15, 2021 at 04:35 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

You want the mod team to cooperate but youre antogonizing them with every next post you make. What is that meant to achieve? Do you think that you can force them to do what you think is right? If you and the mod team really cant come to any type of compromise or understanding, whats the point? I get it that you want those units to be included but like what, by any means necessary? Thats not how things work.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    You want the mod team to cooperate but youre antogonizing them with every next post you make. What is that meant to achieve? Do you think that you can force them to do what you think is right? If you and the mod team really cant come to any type of compromise or understanding, whats the point? I get it that you want those units to be included but like what, by any means necessary? Thats not how things work.
    I just want team to work with me and not make such mistakes. It's elementary, if you do not know , ask for help from someone who knows. But team Ignores me.

They destroyed my topic. All my posts were mixed up.

I'm not play the mod yet, but it seems i have a little responsible for this because i'm one of the "yes" voters.

Notes for you Khevsur, i don't like your attitude forcing the team mod to make an accurate of Old Georgian units. Yeah i know you like historical accuracy, you want to see the right portrayal of Old Georgian units. But you must accept the fact that Colchis is not even a playable faction here. The teams probably have more important to do rather than take care of 3 or 5 units which is even a minor units.

If you really impatient, all you can do is learn how to 3D modelling yourself slowly. If you want to learn, trust me, the result will be worth it. For example, i'm making Medieval Georgian ones by picking existing 3D models in game, then reskin it to fit for Georgian army.

All in all, i'm vote "yes" back then to motivate you to learn how make unit yourself.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I'm not play the mod yet, but it seems i have a little responsible for this because i'm one of the "yes" voters.

Notes for you Khevsur, i don't like your attitude forcing the team mod to make an accurate of Old Georgian units. Yeah i know you like historical accuracy, you want to see the right portrayal of Old Georgian units. But you must accept the fact that Colchis is not even a playable faction here. The teams probably have more important to do rather than take care of 3 or 5 units which is even a minor units.

If you really impatient, all you can do is learn how to 3D modelling yourself slowly. If you want to learn, trust me, the result will be worth it. For example, i'm making Medieval Georgian ones by picking existing 3D models in game, then reskin it to fit for Georgian army.

All in all, i'm vote "yes" back then to motivate you to learn how make unit yourself.
    Thank you for making historically accurate Georgian army of the Middle Ages.
    I like your artwork.

team not like the Caucasus and oldest georgian kingdoms , It is their will what they do. I did what I could.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 16, 2021 at 07:40 AM.

Good job. Hope they will include it in their mode as you want it. Also voted - Yes.
    But, take into consideration that those earrings on soldiers are wrong and you need to delete it from your pictures for more accuracy.
    Earrings were used by few aristocrats (as insignia, symbol of power) and not by commoners and soldiers.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    Good job. Hope they will include it in their mode as you want it. Also voted - Yes.
    But, take into consideration that those earrings on soldiers are wrong and you need to delete it from your pictures for more accuracy.
    Earrings were used by few aristocrats (as insignia, symbol of power) and not by commoners and soldiers.

thanks . Earrings found in tombs of Old Georgian noble Warriors . Yes, poor old georgians did not have Earrings.

You know history well
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 17, 2021 at 02:17 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Last edited by Khevsur; April 17, 2021 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    thanks . Earrings found in tombs of Old Georgian noble Warriors . Yes, poor old georgians did not have Earrings.

You know history well
    out of curiosity, and since you think you know 'your history' so well, why do you keep calling these peoples 'old Georgians'? surely if you're the expert you claim to be, you'd know that back then they did not identify themselves as such. i wouldn't normally ask this question of any amateur historian, but why keep doing this time and again if you are so knowledgeable and care for historical accuracy so much?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast