Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

250 turns into my Saka campaign and I echo what's already been said above. The rebel stacks give the north eastern corner of the map an added challenge and give your young FMs some practice when they're not out raiding or going on mercenary campaigns. Also has the AI in the game been changed? The Takashasilans seem to be more aggressive and have almost devoured the Selecuids all the way up to mesopotamia!

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    Just went on a bandit hunt with the Mazsaka Riders. They look great and don't crash my game with the patch!

I see. It's certainly not as difficult, but the flavor is fun and it's good thematically to see it justified as tribes coming back after being shoved to the periphery. The rebels are manageable, but still a constant presence. I basically get a new rebel stack every 2 or 3 turns somewhere, but at turn 150 I have tons of FMs I want to train up and I don't have enough space in my one mercenary city for all of them. I almost want them to be harder, but there's a delicate balance to maintain and I don't want to have 2 or more full stacks just for rebel smacking.

I will say that in the far northern territories it can be annoying. I often only know a rebel stack is around when I see a huge devastation penalty because they spawn up in the Ural/Altai mountains or way up at the edge of the map. Always reachable, but hard to spot unless it's winter or I toggle off fog of war. But it makes sense--these are huge provinces with scattered nomadic tribes.

Overall, I think the update is great! I'll also say the game feels more stable than before (unless I get on a discord call for some reason, because that immediately crashes and corrupts medieval 2).
    That's sounding like the right level of balance. They should be a problem if you ignore them, but not if you're on top of things. In the previous version there was a danger of the mid-game going stagnant because nothing ever happened in your interior. That's gone now.

And yes, that represents things like smaller tribes stealing your horse herds and livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    250 turns into my Saka campaign and I echo what's already been said above. The rebel stacks give the north eastern corner of the map an added challenge and give your young FMs some practice when they're not out raiding or going on mercenary campaigns. Also has the AI in the game been changed? The Takashasilans seem to be more aggressive and have almost devoured the Selecuids all the way up to mesopotamia!
    The AI hasn't been changed, but we did lift the cap on how much money the AI is allowed to accumulate, from 30k to 50k. That might encourage them to be more aggressive.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

the campaign is difficult as Seleukid, after I crushed the Baktrian revolt I got invaded from the Indus and Pathians. Rebel stacks in Anatolia also attacked as well. Its hard to hold the whole empire together.

The only thing I did was crushing the Egyptians in the south as well as its wealth

I got my second Lugian campaign halted. As I said, It does not crash the game, it just stops on Carthage turn. I think I might be that script that creates a stack of troops for example in Rhodes Island but where the port is innaccesable by land.. Just f]to be sure : when faction re-emerges I wait arround 10 seconds. Last time I waited with this new "stop" or "thinking" was over 20mins...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bordinis; April 11, 2021 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    the campaign is difficult as Seleukid, after I crushed the Baktrian revolt I got invaded from the Indus and Pathians. Rebel stacks in Anatolia also attacked as well. Its hard to hold the whole empire together.

The only thing I did was crushing the Egyptians in the south as well as its wealth
    That's a good thing, right, that it's difficult? That's how it's supposed to be challenging, holding it all together against all comers.

How fractious is Egypt being ruled from afar? Is Thebais revolting often?

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I got my second Lugian campaign halted. As I said, It does not crash the game, it just stops on Carthage turn. I think I might be that script that creates a stack of troops for example in Rhodes Island but where the port is innaccesable by land.. Just f]to be sure : when faction re-emerges I wait arround 10 seconds. Last time I waited with this new "stop" or "thinking" was over 20mins...
    If you have a save close to the freeze, can you run it with the fog of war off and see what specifically is happening?

I uploaded the save here. Yes I can toggle the fog and look and move with mouse arround the map... The first campaign halted at turn 103 to 104. This is a second one at 340 something. It must be something wrong with Carthage or one of their settlements..
    Last edited by bordinis; April 11, 2021 at 05:11 AM.

I've got a bunch of Script execution errors(invalid unit label) in logg:
    error for <unit_set_experience>
    error for <define_unit_group>

Is this normal? My test game was with Macedon, it lasted 2 turns and it included a siege battle for Pella.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I uploaded the save here. Yes I can toggle the fog and look and move with mouse arround the map... The first campaign halted at turn 103 to 104. This is a second one at 340 something. It must be something wrong with Carthage or one of their settlements..
    I don't have the release version installed, I can't do anything with a save. That's why I asked for your observation on exactly what's happening just before the freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Venetus View Post
    I've got a bunch of Script execution errors(invalid unit label) in logg:
    error for <unit_set_experience>
    error for <define_unit_group>

Is this normal? My test game was with Macedon, it lasted 2 turns and it included a siege battle for Pella.
    Yep, those are normal false positives. Will see if there's anything in the log.

EDIT: Nope, normal battle script errors, just means there isn't a valid unit to apply the check to.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 11, 2021 at 06:25 AM.

I tried bordinis' save on my setup, and get the freeze as well. As soon as you end turn, it hangs on Carthage. If you turn off fog of war, the camera moves here, then stops.

https://i.imgur.com/N5UtfkB.png

Perhaps something is going on at Qart-Hadasht?

It comes from the re-emergence of pergamon. Apparently, there is a problem with the name of character, which is not recognized. That's rather weird, but i am investigating.

EDIT: i got it, someone has modified the names between my script and the release (sabotage! xD)

EDIT 2: Sorry for your campaign, bordinis, the only way to force the game to continue would be to type "run_ai"in the console, but the script will remain broken...
    Last edited by Erken; April 11, 2021 at 07:07 AM.

So using run_ai would allow you to continue the campaign, but you will not see any faction re-emergence or just Pergamon re-emergence?

It would just unblock the turn end, but since the name is no more valid, the chaos would worsen (armies swpaned endless).

EDIT: so, if pergamon is in a bad situation in your campagin, you can be worried...
    Last edited by Erken; April 11, 2021 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    It would just unblock the turn end, but since the name is no more valid, the chaos would worsen (armies swpaned endless).

EDIT: so, if pergamon is in a bad situation in your campagin, you can be worried...
    So yeah I did with console command as you said and after the turn unblocked I got 3 messages that Pergamon was destroyed and about 10 stacks spawned of rebels near the Pergamon settlement. Okay.. so it s about Pergamon re-emergence then...ah This is my second campaign.. I just wanted to see those shiny late lugian swordsmen..

So as you heard Fellas Pergamon is the only safe playable faction

The new faction re-emergence is 8,000 lines of code that was adapted into the existing script by hand. Errors happen.

Do you have an earlier save before Pergamon was killed? If you do, go back to that and help them with the script. The easiest way to stop their re-emergence firing in your current game is to stop them being eliminated in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The new faction re-emergence is 8,000 lines of code that was adapted into the existing script by hand. Errors happen.

Do you have an earlier save before Pergamon was killed? If you do, go back to that and help them with the script. The easiest way to stop their re-emergence firing in your current game is to stop them being eliminated in the first place.
    I do have a save 10 turns prior to the halt but I m not sure what to do with the script in order to help them re-emerge? Also I think they were killed off already they just decided ro re-emerge when Macedon took the Pergamon city off of Ptolemais. What should I do with the script? They are dead in my cmapaign even 10 turns prior to their re-emergence. Doesn t that mean that every campaign is in danger about this Pergamon re-emergence script? It s my second campaign lol.
    Last edited by bordinis; April 11, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

No, I mean before they died. Otherwise it's the harder job of stopping re-emerge, which means boosting public order in Pergamon to stop the revolt "succeeding".

Create units in Pergamon to stop Makedonia succeeding in taking it.

I also found out that Lougiones player loose pomeranian units after 200 bc reform. But what I found out about the pomeranian recruitment is that prior to the 200 bc reform a player cannot recruit pomeranian calvalry but only if the player builds allied Ologarchy as you mentioned so basically meaning that that a player cannot recruit pomeranian cavalry with his faction government buildings prior to 200 bc reform and after that reform a player cannot recruit that particular cavalry unit.. Intentional?

Is there any command : how to add additional units to settlements? I don t know any..

Also those new Lugian swordsmen that appear after the 200 bc reform are only available to recruit from Lugidunon and Kalisia? i only encountered them in those two settlements.