Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Campidoctor

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

30 something turns of joy here

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Havent started a campaign in earnest yet, but custom battle wise nothing (nothing Ive tried) crashes anymore on that front.

Germanic tribes now give also access to Scandinavian and Frisian warriors, atleast two particular tribes. Also the recruitment viewer tells me that the Proven Chatti Warriors are recruitable through the Chatti tribe building, but ingame the preview only shows me the youths recruitable through this building, not the Proven Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Havent started a campaign in earnest yet, but custom battle wise nothing (nothing Ive tried) crashes anymore on that front.

Germanic tribes now give also access to Scandinavian and Frisian warriors, atleast two particular tribes. Also the recruitment viewer tells me that the Proven Chatti Warriors are recruitable through the Chatti tribe building, but ingame the preview only shows me the youths recruitable through this building, not the Proven Warriors.
    The Proven Warriors are a late unit, they appear after the Sweboz reform.

Don't know if this is a bug or some weird mechanic, but Ammon (the nomad camp east of Cyrene) became part of the KH in my last two Epeiros games (first one went kaput due to the 1a fix). This was directly after I kicked them out of mainland Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Don't know if this is a bug or some weird mechanic, but Ammon (the nomad camp east of Cyrene) became part of the KH in my last two Epeiros games (first one went kaput due to the 1a fix). This was directly after I kicked them out of mainland Greece.
    Strangely enough the same province Ammon got my campaign halted so started a new one. It had a long long long revolt and I started campaign a new.

I got a random crash besieging a nomad camp, but there was nothing in the error log and I just played through the same battle again with no issues. I'm gonna chalk it up to random MedII weirdness.

Otherwise everything seems fine!

Campidoctor

Crossing my fingers so hard this Ammon issue won't require a campaign restart

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    I got a random crash besieging a nomad camp, but there was nothing in the error log and I just played through the same battle again with no issues. I'm gonna chalk it up to random MedII weirdness.

Otherwise everything seems fine!
    Was it a nomad camp surrounded by walls that can be assaulted by battering rams? If so, were you on a Mac? I've encountered similar issues before like this

Campidoctor

If I save before battle on AI turn (they attack, I save at Battle Deployment screen), will loading the save later mess up anything like not loading the battle script or anything else? Or do all scripts and other mod/kingdoms features get loaded even if continuing on an AI turn save?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    If I save before battle on AI turn (they attack, I save at Battle Deployment screen), will loading the save later mess up anything like not loading the battle script or anything else? Or do all scripts and other mod/kingdoms features get loaded even if continuing on an AI turn save?
    I suspect it may mess things up, even though there's no "activation of script" like in EB1. Autosaves and quicksaves can both corrupt games.

We do have save/load safe scripts to try to make sure things don't get dropped, but it's best not to chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Was it a nomad camp surrounded by walls that can be assaulted by battering rams? If so, were you on a Mac? I've encountered similar issues before like this
    Nope, sorry, Windows, camp with no walls. It was also a one-off for me, replayed the battle fine after the crash.

Has anyone else had recurring issues with camps (Ammon or otherwise)? As far as I'm aware, we haven't changed anything, so some error logs would be good if there's something that should be addressed before Release 2.

Release 2? As in 2nd release of 2.35A?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Release 2? As in 2nd release of 2.35A?
    Yes, as in that fix-patch integrated into the main one, so people don't need to download two things and I can leave it be.

Had hoped it wouldn't be necessary, but things always seem to crop up. Then I can stop worrying about what's out there in the world and go back to doing things for 2.4.

Will I still be good to go if I have the first release of 2.35A and the latest fix? I'm getting too old for so many installations

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Will I still be good to go if I have the first release of 2.35A and the latest fix? I'm getting too old for so many installations
    Yes, I'll put out another little fix-patch for people who had R1 and don't want to repatch the whole thing.

Great, thanks!

Deep into Saka Rauka now. Haven't had a chance to use mazsaka riders yet but I'll go bandit hunting with them soon enough. I got to the big revolt, but this time I didn't get an unrest debuff. It just spawned a bunch of Altaic rebels everywhere. Was this an intentional change?

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    Deep into Saka Rauka now. Haven't had a chance to use mazsaka riders yet but I'll go bandit hunting with them soon enough. I got to the big revolt, but this time I didn't get an unrest debuff. It just spawned a bunch of Altaic rebels everywhere. Was this an intentional change?
    Yes, you have to choose the horde option for that to happen. Otherwise it was just a little too punitive.

We do listen to feedback!

How are you finding the little revolt spawns as a steppe faction?

Just went on a bandit hunt with the Mazsaka Riders. They look great and don't crash my game with the patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, you have to choose the horde option for that to happen. Otherwise it was just a little too punitive.

We do listen to feedback!

How are you finding the little revolt spawns as a steppe faction?
    I see. It's certainly not as difficult, but the flavor is fun and it's good thematically to see it justified as tribes coming back after being shoved to the periphery. The rebels are manageable, but still a constant presence. I basically get a new rebel stack every 2 or 3 turns somewhere, but at turn 150 I have tons of FMs I want to train up and I don't have enough space in my one mercenary city for all of them. I almost want them to be harder, but there's a delicate balance to maintain and I don't want to have 2 or more full stacks just for rebel smacking.

I will say that in the far northern territories it can be annoying. I often only know a rebel stack is around when I see a huge devastation penalty because they spawn up in the Ural/Altai mountains or way up at the edge of the map. Always reachable, but hard to spot unless it's winter or I toggle off fog of war. But it makes sense--these are huge provinces with scattered nomadic tribes.

Overall, I think the update is great! I'll also say the game feels more stable than before (unless I get on a discord call for some reason, because that immediately crashes and corrupts medieval 2).