Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1293

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

I heard the team is dropping 2.4 on Valentine’s Day so we have something to do that night.

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Be sure to check the discord. There's quite a bit of discussion there under the Europa Barbarorum channel
    Can you give me the discord server channel?

Quote Originally Posted by a.ieraci View Post
    Can you give me the discord server channel?

Here: https://discord.com/invite/fsy69Ky
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_aeneas View Post
    I heard the team is dropping 2.4 on Valentine’s Day so we have something to do that night.
    I'm divorced, what's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm divorced, what's your excuse?
    I have a 5-month old

I demand 2.4 in its current state. Bugs and all.

I have a 5-month old

I demand 2.4 in its current state. Bugs and all.
    Aside from an annoying UI bug at game-start, it's balancing we're mostly concerned with in playtesting.

Aside from an annoying UI bug at game-start, it's balancing we're mostly concerned with in playtesting.
    I picked up the new AI from the Discord channel. I played 3 turns and saw no noticeable problems. Release it to the people.

I picked up the new AI from the Discord channel. I played 3 turns and saw no noticeable problems. Release it to the people.
    Did you notice anything... off about the war declarations? Like the Ptolemies blockading the Pritanoi? Or all major mediterranean powers racking up enemy after enemy because their fleets think that blockading ports is the funniest ever?

I'm as eager as the next guy for a 4.0 release, but I don't think playing 3 whole turns qualify as proper testing...

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    I'm as eager as the next guy for a 4.0 release, but I don't think playing 3 whole turns qualify as proper testing...
    Yes. My comment was very much tongue in cheek.

it's balancing we're mostly concerned with in playtesting.
    Stand on two legs!

Long time lurker, long, long term player and selfish appreciator of all the work done by all the team. Will wait for when its ready.

Thank you

Just to clarify, i need both files from step 1 and step 1a?

Quote Originally Posted by ezghashxxx View Post
    Just to clarify, i need both files from step 1 and step 1a?
    Yes, if you only have the files from step 1, you won't be playing the current release.

Yes, if you only have the files from step 1, you won't be playing the current release.
    Hey, I'm just reinstalling EB2 for the first time in several years, I installed the files from step 1 and step 1a but it still only says "EBII v2.35" on my main menu.

It's not installed in program files or x86 or anything - it's on a totally separate drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Hey, I'm just reinstalling EB2 for the first time in several years, I installed the files from step 1 and step 1a but it still only says "EBII v2.35" on my main menu.

It's not installed in program files or x86 or anything - it's on a totally separate drive.
    If it doesn't say v2.35A R3.5 on the main menu, then you're not playing the latest version. It means the patching hasn't taken, or you've put the patch files in the wrong place.

If it doesn't say v2.35A R3.5 on the main menu, then you're not playing the latest version. It means the patching hasn't taken, or you've put the patch files in the wrong place.
    Edit - I'll just start from scratch. Thanks for the quick response.

Lol, I've gotten so used to just clicking on the subscribe button in STEAM workshop that I forgot how to mod the old way. I was pasting the patches in the Medieval 2 folder, not in the EB2 folder within the Medieval 2 folder.

So... would that affect anything? Can I just paste them to the correct place and continue, or should I reinstall and start from scratch? It seems to be working fine.
    Last edited by Dayve; February 10, 2023 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Edit - I'll just start from scratch. Thanks for the quick response.

Lol, I've gotten so used to just clicking on the subscribe button in STEAM workshop that I forgot how to mod the old way. I was pasting the patches in the Medieval 2 folder, not in the EB2 folder within the Medieval 2 folder.

So... would that affect anything? Can I just paste them to the correct place and continue, or should I reinstall and start from scratch? It seems to be working fine.
    If they're not in the \mods\ebii\ folder, they may be overwriting vanilla files, which will break your ordinary M2TW installation. They also won't be doing anything for EBII, since they're in the wrong place.

We've been reviewing the mounts used in-game, and basically the horse models are too big for the majority of horses that actually existed in antiquity. With the exception of the Nisean and related breeds, they'd be the size of ponies.

A lot of cavalry units are already on "ponies", but there should be more still. It's a visual change more than anything else.

Is it possible to change from 4 turns per year to 6/12 in strat file without messing up character aging and gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by ezghashxxx View Post
    Is it possible to change from 4 turns per year to 6/12 in strat file without messing up character aging and gameplay?
    No. You'd have to rewrite a huge chunk of the traits file, redo all the recruitment refresh rates, adjust all the date-based triggers in the script and so on.