Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1293

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I hope that the new goverment buildings for Carthage are included in the new version.

I really want to sink my teeth into that campaign
    Haven't even started implementing them yet!

We need playtesters again. From the last batch, some became full team members and took on other responsibilities, others disappeared as is the way.

If you've got the spare time and interest to play under direction from the team (along with about 10GB of free space on your hard disk to install the development build of the game), drop me a PM.

I would playtest but haven't got the time

Also, why is the time reset for the tower ballistas at certain sets(stone towers, gatehouse etc.) set at 480000 in descr_walls?

Was this to remove them or?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    I would playtest but haven't got the time

Also, why is the time reset for the tower ballistas at certain sets(stone towers, gatehouse etc.) set at 480000 in descr_walls?

Was this to remove them or?
    Yes, it was to remove them from the smaller fortifications.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have the time....hopefully health might get in the way unfortunately

Hi,
    Could somebody explain me how to develop agents skills?
    My spies are slaughtered by guards even if I want to infiltrate rebels army without FM.

Develop your spies in settlements with at least a lvl 3 market where they can gain ancillaries and be trained, once this is done, they will only improve via experiance in the field.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

just scout some smaller armies and weaker agents/characters, if the % is above 60-70 then do it, a couple times and you get enough skills for settlements to go above 50-60%

How many times can a faction re-emerge?

I conquered the Koinon Hellenon, and Athens revolted just as I set up a loyal regime there, creating two fullstacks.

Now they reconquered Thessaly as well and are attacking Epirus, I am thinking about sending my army back there to re-take it, but I am considering perhaps to just let either them or Epirus or Macedon be destroyed first.

How many times can a faction re-emerge?
    Pretty much everytime. There are no limits so ensure that you exterminate Athen and put a great General there.

There's a "cooldown" so re-emergence can't happen in short succession, but they are unlimited in how often they can occur.

Semi related: If one Balkan faction ever destroys the other two, you can prevent it from expanding by arranging a special strike team. Use it to conquer Pella, Athenai, or Ambrakia via Lithobolos cheese, then crank up taxes and let the destroyed faction re-emerge. The resulting power struggle will guarantee that the Balkan factions will be kept busy for a long time. We can call this... Balkanization. Very useful for the Pergamon player looking to focus on the east

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    arranging a special strike team.
    The two fullstacks Athens spawned are a bit too much for a strike team, I rather waited for them to attack and lose one in a siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Pretty much everytime. There are no limits so ensure that you exterminate Athen and put a great General there.
    I never exterminate or sack, only occupy.

As for rebellions, I think they are a neat challenge.

I do have a grip with EB diplomacy causing factions to absolutely never accept vassalship, even when offered territory back and money.

AI won't accept it at any cost, even though they have no more armies and their only settlement is besieged :i

In SS/SSHIP it is doable, and mighty fun

Dunno if it is the anti-human AI or something, but all the eastern Med Hellens keep declaring war on me, they want Rhodos and Crete at all cost for some reason.

Seriously considering abandoning them, one of the reasons I want vassalship for the Koion is to give them these isles, so they become their problem, while remaining technically under Rome.
    Last edited by Mamlaz; April 25, 2022 at 06:36 PM.

so what about bards and their usage of the zipper? Can't find any mention of it in the files....

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    so what about bards and their usage of the zipper? Can't find any mention of it in the files....
    In EBIII Armenian bards use zippers to gag Baktrians and their baktrians.

Does the AI suffer from re-emerging factions just as the human player is?

Because my ally, the Bosporian kingdom, collapsed despite owning half the coastal Black Sea provinces, and not it is eaten up by neighbors, only it's former capital is a rebel province, and is being besieged by Scythians.

But it has been some 15-20 turns now, and no re-emergance still, yet when Greece was destroyed it reemerged in just a few turns because I held Athens, and now, after Pontus destroyed Macedon in Thrace, I hold Pella, and Pella revolted after some turns and I have a few massive Macedon stacks in smack middle of the Balkans while Pontus just enjoys from the sidelines.

Does the AI suffer from re-emerging factions just as the human player is?

Because my ally, the Bosporian kingdom, collapsed despite owning half the coastal Black Sea provinces, and not it is eaten up by neighbors, only it's former capital is a rebel province, and is being besieged by Scythians.

But it has been some 15-20 turns now, and no re-emergance still, yet when Greece was destroyed it reemerged in just a few turns because I held Athens, and now, after Pontus destroyed Macedon in Thrace, I hold Pella, and Pella revolted after some turns and I have a few massive Macedon stacks in smack middle of the Balkans while Pontus just enjoys from the sidelines.
    Faction re-emergence/horde respawn aren't specific to the player at all. They can happen no matter who owns the province in question.

We have a nice little stable of new playtesters kicking around campaigns at the moment. Already providing some good feedback on the tweaks to the CAI that you can't see in any of the release versions.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We have a nice little stable of new playtesters kicking around campaigns at the moment. Already providing some good feedback on the tweaks to the CAI that you can't see in any of the release versions.
    That is good news and I appreciate their efforts. When things are closer to release, it would be nice to get a paste of the change-log, like in the previous version. I enjoyed reading about all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    That is good news and I appreciate their efforts. When things are closer to release, it would be nice to get a paste of the change-log, like in the previous version. I enjoyed reading about all the changes.
    I'll make sure the transcript is shared.