Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Yeah man I am playing with mercenaries and allied governments right now as Lougionnes. you are right no keltic governments available in any of the homeland regions except for starting province. The culture is high ( over 70% ) but no options to have your own factional units.. That s why I was asking how to lower the culture below 65% so a player could build atleast tributary nation government. Also I think that Lougiones Can t have all their camps converterd to Cities and towns since I did it on the capital and Asanka but no camp of the other homeland camps. So I got 2 camps converted and other settlements like Scurgum and Kalisia won t give me the farm building to convert to towns. Also note : That once you destroy in your starting sttlement the keltic government, you can t rebuild it. It only allows for allied governments.
    That's because the culture requirement for the Keltic Overlord is 25% Western Tribal States - which I dropped to 10% in the fix-patch. You can't influence that with your faction's religion either.

Okay so about the Sweboz faction : Turn 78 and I am looking at Sweboz Ai and it does not have any factional govenrment building aside from semi autonomous vassal state which again does not give the Ai an option to recruit any units only free upkeep. So Luppae and the camp above their capital does not have government buildings that enables them to recruit their units, so they only recruit them via migration buildings. Also note that while playing Lougiones the military enclaves do not work. I think They don t work because after I build the first building then I don t get any other chain buildings of that nature so therefore I can t recruit any units or get the chain buildings..

Okay so about the Sweboz faction : Turn 78 and I am looking at Sweboz Ai and it does not have any factional govenrment building aside from semi autonomous vassal state which again does not give the Ai an option to recruit any units only free upkeep. So Luppae and the camp above their capital does not have government buildings that enables them to recruit their units, so they only recruit them via migration buildings. Also note that while playing Lougiones the military enclaves do not work. I think They don t work because after I build the first building then I don t get any other chain buildings of that nature so therefore I can t recruit any units or get the chain buildings..
    Tribal Migrations are the main source of Sweboz recruitment. They don't work the way other factions do.

Nomadic Enclaves don't have any units until certain events take place. The availability of the next step depends on those events and where you are. That far west, you're waiting for the Alan Migration.

Tribal Migrations are the main source of Sweboz recruitment. They don't work the way other factions do.

Nomadic Enclaves don't have any units until certain events take place. The availability of the next step depends on those events and where you are. That far west, you're waiting for the Alan Migration.

Allright So I looked at Waldawa settlement and that camp starts only with 7% Western Tribal states culture So that one might not get the chance to build the keltic government since requierement will be 10%

Thanks for the info on enclaves sounds like a really fun mechanic

I haven t played EB 2 in 3 years and it has changed so much, you guys even fixed missile unit lethality so it seems that slingers are very powerful now.. Also love the new unit voice overs

Allright So I looked at Waldawa settlement and that camp starts only with 7% Western Tribal states culture So that one might not get the chance to build the keltic government since requierement will be 10%
    It starts at 10%, that's fallen fast. Going to change it to a region-based restriction.

I also noticed that only settlements with " Large pastoral region " could convert to walled settlements. Other settlements with normal pastoral region could not be converted to walled towns. So I only managed to convert Lugidunon and Asanka.

I also noticed that only settlements with " Large pastoral region " could convert to walled settlements. Other settlements with normal pastoral region could not be converted to walled towns. So I only managed to convert Lugidunon and Asanka.
    Not everywhere can be converted. That's deliberate.

Download the latest fix-patch in the OP before attempting another Lugiones game, I've removed the culture requirement for the Keltic Overloard altogether. Now it's regionally locked instead.

Thanks mate for good and fast response

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Okay, lovely work guys, I really like a lot of the new units and I havent looked at each so far, not even to talk of started a new campaign. Here are some small things that caught my eye, maybe it helps you guys:

- Maszakata Horsemen, Cantabrians (like already mentioned before) crash the game
    - Hippeis Bosporitai have some small graphical errors like see through head below some of the helmet models, same issues that plagued the newer Sarmatian units from the last update, which I havent looked at again
    - Why do the Sweboz chosen youth fight with spears instead of knives in melee, to counter better against cav ?
    - Pomeranian culture warriors shields are not covered, I dont know how practical is, same with one of the Ligurian shield models
    - Asana Horsemen are described as fighting with knives and a melee stat of 3, but actually wield long chinese style swords in melee

This all is in custom battles, same enemies, always same map.

Edited.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; April 07, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Good catch, link in the OP updated with the missing files for the Massagetes. I just double-checked and couldn't see any others missing.

Okay downloading now. When I am finished and everything works I will do some screenshots of the new and altered units, might post some of the graphical errors I catch in here.

Allright the patch works for Lougiones but I Lost recruitment of pomeranian cavalry in all regions. Only their infantry available at the moment

Allright the patch works for Lougiones but I Lost recruitment of pomeranian cavalry in all regions. Only their infantry available at the moment
    They're not available to you in your pre-reform governments, and vanish with the reform. So they only way you can get them is in Allied Governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Okay, lovely work guys, I really like a lot of the new units and I havent looked at each so far, not even to talk of started a new campaign. Here are some small things that caught my eye, maybe it helps you guys:

- Maszakata Horsemen
    did you mean Mazsaka Baragata? i still get a ctd with them in custom

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    did you mean Mazsaka Baragata? i still get a ctd with them in custom
    Yes. Quintus just said the new torrent link should have fixed that but I cant get it to work atm, the torrent itself. May have to wait for a direct download, but Ill keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Yes. Quintus just said the new torrent link should have fixed that but I cant get it to work atm, the torrent itself. May have to wait for a direct download, but Ill keep trying.
    Not the torrent, the zip under 1a. There are some direct downloads of the un-fixed patch on the OP as well.

regarding Installing 2.3A in Windows.

Is it absolutely necessary to do a complete reinstall of 2.3 first

Also having applied 2.3A will the ebii.cfg file I`m using for 2.3 be compatible with 2.3A