Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

were can i find the patch-files? the download and torrent links are dead. thx for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    were can i find the patch-files? the download and torrent links are dead. thx for your help!

The installer for 2.35 I think is on ModDB.

The 2.35A R3 patch (the last apply), I think is still available from here or ModDB.

It is the 2.35 -> 2.35A path (the one in the middle which is hard to find). As of maybe just a week, the Torrent worked for me with QBittorent.

---

I run a business, but recently had trouble with my Web hosting service about not serving files. I don't want to risk future problems.

If you provide me a place where I can transfer the key middle file to you via PM using a browser, I will do that.

FYI (install in this order)

MTW2 (of course)

EBII 235.zip ~6Gb (ModDb)

EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1.rar ~1 Gb (hard to find)

EBII v2.35A R3.5.zip ~ 0.2 Gb (ModDb)

The links in the last couple of pages are malware site that attempts to compromise Firefox. I would not even advise trying them.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    The links in the last couple of pages are malware site that attempts to compromise Firefox. I would not even advise trying them.
    the downloadlinks on this site are dead and/or corrupted.

at modb i found only the downloadlinks for version 2.35A

The first page of this thread has a torrent. It worked last week.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quick question: how many new units were added to EBII in 2.35A R3.5, versus just the regular v. 2.35 release? If it's a small list, which ones were added specifically by name? It's hard to judge this simply by viewing newer units on the Twitter feed within the past year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Quick question: how many new units were added to EBII in 2.35A R3.5, versus just the regular v. 2.35 release? If it's a small list, which ones were added specifically by name? It's hard to judge this simply by viewing newer units on the Twitter feed within the past year or so.
    Off the top of my head, about 20. It's in the changelog thread.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Off the top of my head, about 20. It's in the changelog thread.
    Nice. You guys are really outdoing yourselves. Keep up the great work! We're all rooting for you. What a beautiful mod, a true ode to classical antiquity.

Just to give people an idea of R4, the current "fat patch" compilation (bridges from v2.35 to v2.35A R4) is 3.5GB uncompressed, and the "thin patch" (bridges from v2.35A R1 to v2.35A R4) is 950MB uncompressed.

Will it be save compatible with R3.5? Although I wouldn't starting over given that I was little lost ... anyway.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Will it be save compatible with R3.5? Although I wouldn't starting over given that I was little lost ... anyway.

Thanks!
    No, none of the patches are ever savegame compatible.

I'm blown away by all the new steppe cavalry units. Holy cow! After the Baktrioi Hippotoxotai and Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai, I didn't expect to see another culturally Hellenistic horse archer unit in the game: the Hippeis Bosporitai! Beautiful.

I'm blown away by all the new steppe cavalry units. Holy cow! After the Baktrioi Hippotoxotai and Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai, I didn't expect to see another culturally Hellenistic horse archer unit in the game: the Hippeis Bosporitai! Beautiful.
    They are cool... but definitely need a stat rework. Their charge and armour stats aren't high enough to really distinguish them as the last professional fusion of Skytho-Hellenic cavalry. Just never found the need to use them at all in my Bosporan campaign. (Unlike the more ubiquitous Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    They are cool... but definitely need a stat rework. Their charge and armour stats aren't high enough to really distinguish them as the last professional fusion of Skytho-Hellenic cavalry. Just never found the need to use them at all in my Bosporan campaign. (Unlike the more ubiquitous Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai)
    Fair enough, but they just look cool. You can also change their stats a bit in the export_descr_unit file if you dislike them. I might consider that, but for now I'm content!

I'm also blown away by all the reskinning of older Iberian units! There are a few entirely new ones as well. Very cool! I like the coupling of Cantabrian infantry with Cantabrian cavalry now. I also love the look of the new Oscan Lancers to complement the Sabellian cavalry. Badass! Southern Italy now also has the Lucanian cavalry to complement the Tarantinoi. Bravo to everyone who put these together.

I also love the look of the new Oscan Lancers to complement the Sabellian cavalry. Badass! Southern Italy now also has the Lucanian cavalry to complement the Tarantinoi. Bravo to everyone who put these together.
    On the one hand, both the Roman player, and anyone tooling around in Italy now has an Italic roster worthy of the name to play with.

On the other, the Great Italic Unit Cull is even more drastic, losing all those cool units.

On the one hand, both the Roman player, and anyone tooling around in Italy now has an Italic roster worthy of the name to play with.

On the other, the Great Italic Unit Cull is even more drastic, losing all those cool units.

Excuse my ignorance but where can we find that info??

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but where can we find that info??
    I don't understand the question, what info?

I don't understand the question, what info?
    about 4.0

Which cool units have we lost to the mists of time?

Can someone add a new link? The ones listed are dead