Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hmm, that's otherwise I'd expect.
    My question was: how do you mange to have the AI fielding large (10+) armies, not small ones (3-5). I thought that splurge in recruitment slots is one of the ways (4 units recruited at the same time). But at the same time you prevent it from happening by keeping the AI treasury low...

What actually happens if there're units being recruited, it takes multiple turns to conclude it, and in the meantime the recruitment slots disappear? It the recruitment of the units cancelled?
    You'd have to ask z3n, it's in the CAI that determines how much they concentrate their forces before mobilising them.

Only Royal Fleets, elephants and artillery take more than one turn to recruit, so I think that's an edge case.

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

Rome is passive in this patch and not conquered Reghion and Sicily.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresvet View Post
    Rome is passive in this patch and not conquered Reghion and Sicily.
    Rome is generally quite pathetic in EB2. Considering the era in which the mod takes place, this is a severe issue. Rome is supposed to overrun every other Mediterranean entity in a relatively short time and yet in here it can't even break out of Cisalpine Gaul and from what I've seen only manages to truly conquer Sardinia and Corsica before fighting an eternal conflict with Carthaginians/Epirotes/Greeks for Sicily.

Considering the point that Cleitus the Pink posted above, a solution to the general (and long-running) problem of Roman Italian-limited activity might be this: to emulate, either through structural changes in all Roman governments or through Rome-specific campaign ai, the Roman Republic's nearly sickening but quite historically accurate ability to continuously levy large numbers of soldiers and hurl them at opponents on multiple fronts. They may not outnumber an enemy (out of many) on a specific front, but they can match or have an edge on the "pace" of number of new soldiers every year. I mean, this might mean over time, the Romans in EB2 might have the most stacks among the ai factions in a game, and that advantage in numbers, or at least an advantage in the consistency of numbers despite possible setbacks could let us see Rome ACTUALLY be...you know, Rome...in a playthrough. I know I am advocating that one faction gain an unfair advantage game-play wise, but isn't that same "unfair" tenacity and callous disregard for their own and their allied soldiers' lives that made Rome great?? To clarify, I am not asking for extra funds for a Roman faction, but larger recruitment pools and greater number of recruitment slots.
    Last edited by Pooploop; December 25, 2021 at 05:01 PM.

Roman problem is they are trapped. Sicily has high Hellenistic polity which led to Greek defection and Cisalpine Gaul have Liguria with 80 unrest.

They can expand into Corsica but never Sardinia and they can expand into Illyria but only northern section.

I always suggested that the Roman expansion is so fundamental to this mod that there should be (at least optional) scripted events which would simulate the rise of Rome, because otherwise it never amounts to anything. But it was always voted against, because it's not "in the spirit of the mod", so i wouldn't expect it to happen in the future, even though it would add so much in terms of gameplay. Whenever i played an AS or Carthage campaign i went out of my way with cheats and exploits to somehow make Rome relevant, but it never helped.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I have another suggestion: playing as Romans should be made also enticing for the seasoned players, so there should be an option that makes Rome really hard to play.

Rome is supposed to overrun every other Mediterranean entity in a relatively short time
    EB2 is too early to have Rome snowballing into a superfaction. I mean, they do slowly grow in power throughout the hellenistic period but they aren't the center of the world. If you're playing as another faction having Rome snowball would interfere with other more localized conflicts that are more relevant for the period. If you're playing as Rome unless you're very careful about historical expansion you'll have beaten the game or gotten bored with the campaign probably before Caesar was even born. But yeah if the story you want to tell is a bossfight against the Romans you're better off playing a mod during the late republic over 200 years in the future.

Rome does need a boost for the AI though. They shouldn't become a superfaction, but if you're playing as a western faction they should at least be threatening. Unfortunately, this engine can't really do the punic wars justice without a more localized map but definitely the fight between Carthage and Rome could do with a boost.

Currently playing as the Lugian faction and their evolution is downright weird. So basically you can establish Celtic Nobility governments in Eastern Europe and Germany to recruit Boii Noble Infantry and Cavalry en-mass then suddenly you can't recruit them anymore? Appearantly, heavy cavalry is seen as a passing fad of sorts.

Also minor bug: can you actually recruit Halitoz units in Kallista when you build a confederation gov?
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; January 04, 2022 at 12:12 AM.

Yeah they sorta don t have their own nobility represented after kelts are gone.

I cant even download this anywhere. Moddb i get network error, and the torrent and other links on the first page on this thread dont even work. What's a man gotta do to get this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatha93 View Post
    I cant even download this anywhere. Moddb i get network error, and the torrent and other links on the first page on this thread dont even work. What's a man gotta do to get this mod.
    Follow this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Here are the 2 patches for 2.35A

Install first the one named Final R1, then second the one named R3.5

https://letsupload.io/1Fek5/EBII_v2.35A_R3.5.zip
    https://letsupload.io/2lbN6/EBII_2.3...h_FINAL_R1.rar
    Just don't forget to install v2.35 (Download link is located in a seperate trend ot this one) before applying the 2 patches.
    Last edited by realm56; January 15, 2022 at 08:23 AM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Follow this:

Just don't forget to install v2.35 (Download link is located in a seperate trend ot this one) before applying the 2 patches.
    Ah that clears things up. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatha93 View Post
    Ah that clears things up. thank you.
    Woops, i just realized that i installed the R3.5 before the other one. Have i messed up my game or can i just install them the other way round?

Uninstall and restart the whole installation process.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I am running EB 2.35. I would like to get to the latest version. I cannot find the patches I need anywhere.

Yes, I see the 2 links above for "letsupload". It turns out this is a hacker site. When I go and ignore the warning, and click download I get that it is trying to modify my browser with add-on.

Could the EB2 team post a couple of safe links or re-upload to ModDB?

Thanks!

Anyone following this thread have files and willing to help a fellow player patch beyond EB 2.35?

Thank you!

It's a principle of the mod that no faction is designed to take over the map just because they did well historically. Instead each faction is meant to have the potential they started with. Rome indeed has that in this game, it's just that this game engine doesn't do a good job of letting those advantages be as effective as they could be. Additionally any changes to Rome or any other faction to make them tougher AI threats have the effect of making those factions easier for players.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

TO ANYONE I REQUESTED PATCH FILES FROM, I GOT THEM. THANKS, ANYWAY.