Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

I am also unable to download the 2.35A patch. I was able to DL the R3.5. I tried using qtorrent but not working either.

Here are the 2 patches for 2.35A

Install first the one named Final R1, then second the one named R3.5

https://letsupload.io/1Fek5/EBII_v2.35A_R3.5.zip
    https://letsupload.io/2lbN6/EBII_2.3...h_FINAL_R1.rar

Argh, gotta rant. AI is sometimes just so stupid. Had to put one army under AI control during massive siege, and it throws two units of my expensive heavy horse archers headon onto enemy phalangitai coming to reinforce the town. Alone, on the open ground.

thank you so much senator your service to the public is exceptional. I will send you 10 slaves as thanks.

Greetings.

How can i acess the oscan lancers as the Romani? I can hire them as mercenaries, but i am unable to train them as regulars. Ty in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio Domicio Aureliano View Post
    Greetings.

How can i acess the oscan lancers as the Romani? I can hire them as mercenaries, but i am unable to train them as regulars. Ty in advance
    They should be recruitable in Campania (Capua) but only if your western mediteranian polities culture is below 65%.

If you want more details on units in this mod, you can either check the recruitment viewer in your EB2 install file (RV_data.jar) or you can check out the In-Depth Unit Analyses in the Gameplay Guides are AAR subforum (The Oscan Lancers have an Analysis done on them, be sure to check it out ).

EDIT: Nice catch! The Oscan lancers are actually avaliable in Lucania instead after you proceed to turn 2 with their recruitment pools depleted (I suspect that it is intentional to simulate the fact that a fair few of the Samnite elite (Them included) sided with Pyrrhus and have been punished by Rome for siding with the enemy...)
    Last edited by realm56; October 26, 2021 at 09:49 PM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Was reinstalling EB 2.35 for my fresh install of Medieval 2 on Win 10 and noticed this in installation notes:

6) If you did not start a M2TW vanilla campaign after installing it, run that now. Start a campaign from Medieval.exe, then quit.
    I can't run vanilla campaign (medieval2.exe) due to SafeDisk driver being disabled on Win 10. Is it strictly necessary to run vanilla or can i run kingdoms campaign instead?

How to get Hellenic military colonies as Kimmerios Bosphoros? Can't seem to get them at the beginning even though I have Hellenic Poleis that should naturally generate colonists. Do I have to wait until a certain time or capture certain settlements to trigger it?
    Last edited by Cleitus the Pink; November 04, 2021 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    How to get Hellenic military colonies as Kimmerios Borphoros? Don't seem to get them at the beginning even though I have Hellenic Poleis that should naturally generate colonists. Do I have to wait until a certain time or capture certain settlements to trigger it?
    As the KB, you only start with Pantikapaion which has a lvl 2 polis which is insufficent to generate colonists, you need either 3 Lvl 2 polises or 1 Lvl 3 polis to generate 1 colonist every 16 turns. Your best options are to capture both Khersonseos (Starts with Lvl 1 polis but has 40% HP (Need 49% and large trader to build lvl 2 polis)) and Sinope (Has Lvl 2 polis already) in order to start generating colonists of your own or you can just wait for Pantikapaion to reach 69% HP to build lvl 3 polis (Just make sure you grow it from large town to city and also have the Agora up in that city as well).
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

How to get Hellenic military colonies as Kimmerios Bosphoros? Can't seem to get them at the beginning even though I have Hellenic Poleis that should naturally generate colonists. Do I have to wait until a certain time or capture certain settlements to trigger it?
    Hellenistic Polis alone generate them very slow, you ought to conquer Sinope to speed up the process, or wait until approx. turn 150, to upgrade Panticapeum to Metropolis, and Chrsonesos to Polis/Metropolis(will depend on how quickly you wil convert)

If you're ready you can also go straight to Pergamon. The city are wealthy and they have Metropolis. And remember if you're not playing as Pergamon, Seleucid or Baktria and you're playing as Hellenic or Pontos then Pergamon are always faction to conquered if you're not busy with immidiate threat.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Was reinstalling EB 2.35 for my fresh install of Medieval 2 on Win 10 and noticed this in installation notes:

I can't run vanilla campaign (medieval2.exe) due to SafeDisk driver being disabled on Win 10. Is it strictly necessary to run vanilla or can i run kingdoms campaign instead?

Well, try running a kingdom campaign and see if it works.. If you encounter bugs, you can always get Med2 for free on Steam using your key code from your disk.

Some of my greek units have missing unit cards. It shows an icon for peasant unit with a word pics? (in red color). I am using the latest 2.35A R3.5 patch, widescreen, borderless window, 4gb patch and no submods. Corrupt installation perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Venetus View Post
    Some of my greek units have missing unit cards. It shows an icon for peasant unit with a word pics? (in red color). I am using the latest 2.35A R3.5 patch, widescreen, borderless window, 4gb patch and no submods. Corrupt installation perhaps?
    No submods at all? Usually that means that the user interface is missing the unit card for that specific unit.

No submods of any kind. Reinstalled the latest patch and same unit cards are missing. It's the first time I encountered such bug and I've done many EB installations.I think its a corrupted EB package on my HD (the game is installed on SSD), I just thought that you guys maybe had same issues at some point from your experience or maybe I missed a step from EB installation guide, but it seems I didn't.
    Does 'Read-only' option for M2TW folder play any role in this?

No submods of any kind. Reinstalled the latest patch and same unit cards are missing. It's the first time I encountered such bug and I've done many EB installations.I think its a corrupted EB package on my HD (the game is installed on SSD), I just thought that you guys maybe had same issues at some point from you experience or maybe I missed a step from EB installation guide, but it seems I didn't.
    Does 'Read-only' option for M2TW folder play any role in this?

EDIT: So now I used perfect_spy (F1 + ?) to check if anything else is wrong and saw that almost all roman unit card are missing...WTF

EDIT: Solved!
    Last edited by Venetus; November 16, 2021 at 07:13 AM.

How did you solved? What was the problem after all?

The problem was my stupidity I forgot to install 2.35A Patch FINAL R1 before applying v2.35A R3.5. Huge thanks to Hellenikon's post (#902) I can see why it went full bug-mode.
    I appreciate your concern too... so thank you.

Semisalis

can we get a direct download please? tried bittorrent but windows 10 does not like it and i can't manage to install it.
    EDIT: never mind, managed to get it working!
    Last edited by Goffredo85; November 19, 2021 at 04:17 PM.

A bit late to the party but i really like the Parthian philhellenic satrapy. It give Parthian access to a decent ammount of hellenic unit but because Parthian can only use philhellenic satrapy for hellenic recruitment(since Parthian cannot use polis directly or Hellenic colony benefit) it ensure Parthian would still prefer to rely on their larger cavalry and local persian recruitment.

The goverment has been a great improvement. Thank you for the update in philhellenic satrapy.