Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Usually, the potential successor ancillary is with your Faction Leader.

There is a fallback condition based on the number of turns passed, not whether the Romans have been destroyed or not.
    Yeah, the fallback turn number is 288 or something huge. You might be tired of the campaign by then, so grind battles against those Romans ASAP

What do people make of the cavalry unit size and jav-cav changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Yeah, the fallback turn number is 288 or something huge. You might be tired of the campaign by then, so grind battles against those Romans ASAP
    Well I'm not sure how, cos I thought my FL wasn't a Barcid, but turns out he was and I got the reforms about halfway up the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    What do people make of the cavalry unit size and jav-cav changes?
    Though there are some extremely unusual cavalry unit sizes (Thracian Cavalry capped at 60 being especially eye-popping), at least it has good historical basis. It also makes nomadic cavalry MUCH more terrifying against settled cavalry, with the former being much more numerous and high-quality. Just as it was historically. A gameplay consequence of this is that settled lancer-type cavalry is now unfit for melee combat. Most of their unit sizes are capped at 70, so squandering them in brutal melee is foolish. They are best reserved for a critical rear charge while your cheaper (and more numerous) light cavalry tie up the enemy's. This may encourage more balanced cavalry compositions.

As for the jav-cav ammo increase, it does mean that AI jav cav tend to stay away from your infantry line for the entire duration of the battle more often. They don't exhaust their ammo as quickly as before which would previously force them to charge.

Is there an updated version of the Player Guide with the new Epirote reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Is there an updated version of the Player Guide with the new Epirote reforms?
    Its in the opening post in the sticky trend: Announcement Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released! (Very start of this trend)
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

How do i know i have successfully installed the update? I followed the instructions exactly but my main menu shows EBII V2 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Ampe211 View Post
    There are people out there who do some not so scientific tests, confuse momentum with kinetic energy either on purpose or because they dont know any better, then claim that a sling is basically a .44 Magnum.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...agnum-scotland
    I don’t know what’s with the hate for slings right now. Currently they kind of aren’t the best due to unjustifiably not being able to shoot over other units.

It’s true, a sling isn’t a .44 magnum. Obviously whoever did that test was using some pretty shifty math. That being said, the sling actually is more likely to get the short end of the stick. Range and power is often underestimated due to inexperience in its use. Not only that, but slings mainly get more attention when they’re written down. In archaeology and ethnography, slings usually get ignored.

However, the sling in the Europa Barbarorum time frame is very important and evidence of sling stones are present across the Mediterranean. For those pointing out the casts amount of lead that these units are supposedly using, I’m going to point out that this is a game. They can’t represent the variety in ammo. In battle, rocks, clay, and lead would all be used. Chances are, your average slinger is not just going to be using lead all the time. Lead bullets are just the best representative for the unit. But as for the extreme amounts of material being used, do you know how much material is used for every other unit? A hell of a lot. Lead is costly, but as far as metals go it would have been cheaper at the time. I think it’s a byproduct of other mining, and it’s easier to melt and shape. You might have a few other uses for things like pipes (at least in later antiquity), but overall you probably wouldn’t be seeing the same demand or skill going into the use of lead. It probably wouldn’t have been prohibitively expensive and wasn’t, judging from the large numbers of lead sling bullets that are often found.

And for those wondering if it’s just a bunch of random dudes making their own sling bullets… that’s actually a possibility. There’s enough individualized inscriptions and often stupid jokes on sling bullets to confirm that. They might have been made on the spot, actually. Sling bullets during the Perusine war have some very… uh, topical comments.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collec...G_1868-0520-36

Although this doesn’t have a picture, it has records of a bullet with a message pertaining to a very particular person, made during the conflict.
    Last edited by Hirtius; September 02, 2021 at 04:32 PM.

I’m having issues downloading the patch with the two links that have been given and I’ve never used BitTorrent so I’m at a loss when it comes to that option

Are there other direct download options that I am not aware of?

Thank you.

I’ve done some learning and I can now download the patch, but I still can’t get the unit tiles to show when start a campaign. My main menu shows the correct patch notes. I’ve been troubleshooting this for the past few days and I’m at a loss and really bummed out.

I thoroughly played EB and EB2 and not being able to get the latest update to work is very frustrating to say the least.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have posted the torrent on BitLord, though only seems to have about 40 seeders

Hello, recently noticed there's heretics spawning about in my Romani campaign after updating to R3.5, is this intentional? Might've overlooked it in the change log, also unsure if it's a bug or not hence the question here.

Quote Originally Posted by wickeroonie View Post
    Hello, recently noticed there's heretics spawning about in my Romani campaign after updating to R3.5, is this intentional? Might've overlooked it in the change log, also unsure if it's a bug or not hence the question here.
    Did you start this campaign prior to updating to R3.5?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Nope, made sure to get rid of the previous save files before starting this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wickeroonie View Post
    Nope, made sure to get rid of the previous save files before starting this one.
    Take a look at the descr_campaign_db.xml folder in the data file in your EBII folder, the max_heretics per region value should be set to 0, I checked my copy and the value was at 0. If heretics popped up in your game, I'm honestly at a loss, it has not been reported elsewhere iirc, first I've heard of it. (Make sure to open that file with Notepad ++. Normal Notepad will occasuionally insert random caharcters and spoil the code so to speak...).
    - Sun Tzu

You were correct, it wasn't set to 0 by default. Funny enough, they never caused me any crashes or issues with my campaign so it wasn't that big of a deal, but all sorted now. Thank you!

Hi want to give it a try but it seems there isn't any valid download link (also searched through the entire thread to make sure I didn't miss)..
    Is there any working download link somewhere? 🙂

The download links are currently not working, my suggestion would be to install Bittorrent web and then select the torrent link for the patch.
    Last edited by realm56; October 02, 2021 at 08:50 AM.
    - Sun Tzu

Quick question that I haven't been able to figure out over the years (not this-version specific either, but I'm asking it now, and I'm asking it here since I don't feel it warrants its own thread):

Could someone explain the rationale/logic behind the "Happy People" / "Unhappy People" trait lines? It seems to be a somewhat self-fulfilling prophecy, and I'm not really sure what it represents -- it seems to be acquired based on the happiness of people where an FM governs (hence making unhappy people even unhappier, and happy people even happier, though maybe I'm imagining this?), but then the FM carries it around with him when he goes to govern elsewhere, so it's clearly a trait of him and not of the people themselves.

All I know for sure is part of the trait is strongly related to hating/loving greeks while governing a Greek city. If your governor hates Greeks, the people will quickly become unhappy under his rule until he moves to a region without a polis, and the other way around.