Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Quote Originally Posted by redin5ide.82 View Post
    Sorry ... to check if version 2.35A is correctly installed.
    Sadly, it is not, the patch was not installed, I am also experiencing this issue.

First page updated at 1a with a post-patch fix - can someone try it and see if it fixes the issue with the Iberian units?

Day Two patch, I feel like a "professional" developer now...

R2 to follow soon, which will remove the need for a patch on a patch.

Is there a quick way to check if versione 2.35 is correctly installed? Version number ingame is still 2.35.
    Sorry ... to check if version 2.35A is correctly installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Sadly, it is not, the patch was not installed, I am also experiencing this issue.
    Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank as to how we can fix this. The patch not "taking" seems to be very system (or even machine) specific.

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

So.we should see 2.35A in the left down corner right?

So.we should see 2.35A in the left down corner right?
    Yes, you should. That's the first sign the patch has successfully completed.

Quintus, what if using the non-installer version of EB 2.35, you extract it to some location like F:\Game Stuff\M2TW. Then, you extract the 2.35A patch on top of that. Finally, move the whole thing over to your M2TW installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    Quintus, what if using the non-installer version of EB 2.35, you extract it to some location like F:\Game Stuff\M2TW. Then, you extract the 2.35A patch on top of that. Finally, move the whole thing over to your M2TW installation.
    The issue is not the unpacking, it's that if your game is in Program Files, modification of existing files may be blocked.

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, got it. Funny thing is that if I install everything in Program Files or ×86 it goes ok .... if not ... files are not overwritten. Ok I'm officially the Black Sheep here Maybe it's related to my old system (win 7).

Ok, got it. Funny thing is that if I install everything in Program Files or ×86 it goes ok .... if not ... files are not overwritten. Ok I'm officially the Black Sheep here Maybe it's related to my old system (win 7).
    That's...odd. But if it works.

Make sure you get the additional patch in 1a in the first post before you start.

Oh ok, I misunderstood. Is the issue occurring for anyone that does not have it installed to Program Files or Program Files (x86)? I do not have it installed there, and had no issue with the patch.

Alright, tested...the patch doesn't work, but it's easy fix. You've just got wrong folder name at one place, the patch has the unit files in \data\unit_models\_units\Iberian_Regionals while the proper folder is \data\unit_models\_units\EB_Iberian_Regionals. Once fixed, it works. At least for the Scutarii, didn't test the rest.

Disregard my post. Didn't see redin5ide.82's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Alright, tested...the patch doesn't work, but it's easy fix. You've just got wrong folder name at one place, the patch has the unit files in \data\unit_models\_units\Iberian_Regionals while the proper folder is \data\unit_models\_units\EB_Iberian_Regionals. Once fixed, it works. At least for the Scutarii, didn't test the rest.
    Crap! This is what I get for rushing the thing.

EDIT: Link on the front page updated with a corrected folder name.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 07, 2021 at 07:12 AM.

For now, I've applied the fixed patch to the 2.35A files and repacked it. It's .zip using simple method, so it's about 40MB larger, but Windows can open it without need for WinRAR.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/166W...ew?usp=sharing

For now, I've applied the fixed patch to the 2.35A files and repacked it. It's .zip using simple method, so it's about 40MB larger, but Windows can open it without need for WinRAR.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/166W...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks for that.

Could WinRAR be the issue some people are having? Is a .zip more reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Thanks for that.

Could WinRAR be the issue some people are having? Is a .zip more reliable?
    It's possible. Most of the time, when there are differences in compression method used for packing and unpacking it throws up error, for example trying to open the original .rar with 7zip gives you unable to open error, but it's possible that some packing programs might simply unpack badly instead.

It's possible. Most of the time, when there are differences in compression method used for packing and unpacking it throws up error, for example trying to open the original .rar with 7zip gives you unable to open error, but it's possible that some packing programs might simply unpack badly instead.
    Release 2 will be a zip. Going to see if that makes any difference.

Release 2 will be a zip. Going to see if that makes any difference.
    I got the install to work, the zip was never the issue, it is the fact that you have to copy the data folder for the patch into the eb2 folder in the common/Medieval 2/mods/eb2 pathway instead of copying the file into the data folder in the eb2 folder itself.

I got the install to work, the zip was never the issue, it is the fact that you have to copy the data folder for the patch into the eb2 folder in the common/Medieval 2/mods/eb2 pathway instead of copying the file into the data folder in the eb2 folder itself.
    Ah, the "wrong target" issue.

I'm going to wait a day or two before issuing release 2, just to be sure there isn't anything else.

Actually, I'll make a bridging zip with the missing files for people who've downloaded release 1, as well as making a new release 2.

As soon as I work out why these Lugian governments are failing to appear...
    Yeah man I am playing with mercenaries and allied governments right now as Lougionnes. you are right no keltic governments available in any of the homeland regions except for starting province. The culture is high ( over 70% ) but no options to have your own factional units.. That s why I was asking how to lower the culture below 65% so a player could build atleast tributary nation government. Also I think that Lougiones Can t have all their camps converterd to Cities and towns since I did it on the capital and Asanka but no camp of the other homeland camps. So I got 2 camps converted and other settlements like Scurgum and Kalisia won t give me the farm building to convert to towns. Also note : That once you destroy in your starting sttlement the keltic government, you can t rebuild it. It only allows for allied governments.
    Last edited by bordinis; April 07, 2021 at 09:09 AM.