Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

No, the repeated message isn't fixed in 3.5, but I did identify what was causing it. The Alan raids should be spawning, unless they're on an invalid tile - it's one message but six different potential locations.

Oh, so this particular error will not trouble people playing 3.5? Contemplating a lengthy campaign for 3.5, so I really hope, considering the current version, that the release is finally stable. Not complete, obviously (cheers to the mod developing for the best in the near future), but it is stable, yes?
    Last edited by Pooploop; July 02, 2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Oh, so this particular error will not trouble people playing 3.5? Contemplating a lengthy campaign for 3.5, so I really hope, considering the current version, that the release is finally stable. Not complete, obviously (cheers to the mod developing for the best in the near future), but it is stable, yes?
    It's not a fatal error that will stop a game, just an annoying message that will run for certain factions in that eastern corner until the script ends.

I am keeping an eye out for all these things that might arise to see if a last complete zip is necessary or not. If anything major does pop up, then I will, but it's looking like that may not be necessary.

It s stable to play.
    Last edited by bordinis; July 02, 2021 at 03:04 PM.

It s stable it s only the message that pops up every turn, nothing you guys can t handle. The problem we have is the rebel AI stack passiveness. I noticed earlier in the campaign two full stacks did not attack a less garrisoned HAI settlement. So when Saka migration script spawned those four stacks they walked to Sakan settlement and did not attack a settlement with two units in it and kept standing there for 30 + turns. I updated the game into new version going to play test Getai. It seems rebel AI is reluctant to attack AI factions. I mean a good working Invading AI example is stainless steel, when Mongols spawn in that mod they just go rampart attacking half the map.

Playing in R3.5 now as Makedonia. Everything seems fine, stable and better than before. Just one minor annoyance; as a result of the increased movement points, whenever you defeat a fleet in battle it always retreats an absurd amount of distance. It's rather silly that the Ptolemaic fleet I beat near the island of Crete retreats ALL the way to Gibraltar after its defeat! Of course you could argue it can easily come back from that location but it's just very annoying to have to postpone a fleet's destruction to the next turn because their admiral decided to retreat 2000kms ^_^

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

New units Ive seen so far:

-Hunnic (Xiong Nu ?) Nobles and Horsearchers. Both could use a rework on their hands, it stands out a bit especially in comparison to other units.
    -New Saka Horse Archers, pointed hat ones.
    -Nabatu has armour upgrades for their cavalry and BG
    -Saba has armour upgrades for the regional high/lowland warriors, I love the flattop helmets.
    Anything I missed ? Didnt get to play a campaign with the new movement and CAI so far.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    New units Ive seen so far:

-Hunnic (Xiong Nu ?) Nobles and Horsearchers. Both could use a rework on their hands, it stands out a bit especially in comparison to other units.
    -New Saka Horse Archers, pointed hat ones.
    -Nabatu has armour upgrades for their cavalry and BG
    -Saba has armour upgrades for the regional high/lowland warriors, I love the flattop helmets.
    Anything I missed ? Didnt get to play a campaign with the new movement and CAI so far.
    Are they really called "Hunnic" in the game? If so that's quite a misnomer, especially for the 3rd century BC. It would be great to know what they called themselves in their own proto-Mongolic language, but they should be called Xiongnu, per contemporary ancient Chinese historiography and terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Are they really called "Hunnic" in the game? If so that's quite a misnomer, especially for the 3rd century BC. It would be great to know what they called themselves in their own proto-Mongolic language, but they should be called Xiongnu, per contemporary ancient Chinese historiography and terminology.
    I used the term used for them in the Edu, ingame theyre called Dzyon something for the nobles and Turan Horsearchers for the commoners.

Senator

Would it be possible to balance elephants?Like at all?Because in the current version I can have 10 units of peltasts attack a single unit of unarmored elephants that stand still and not one elephant dies.That's neither fun or realistic.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Would it be possible to balance elephants?Like at all?Because in the current version I can have 10 units of peltasts attack a single unit of unarmored elephants that stand still and not one elephant dies.That's neither fun or realistic.
    Try not to attack them from the front.

Also, the elephants have I think 7 or so hit points. Takes a while till one falls, but then the rest starts falling quickly.

Elephants are also incredibly expensive and it is already hardly worth using them. Making them more fragile would render them completely useless.

I have never had a use for either elephants or chariots, for that matter.

I have never had a use for either elephants or chariots, for that matter.
    Really? They are pretty useful if you use them the right way... they can mess up enemy cav on the flanks and cause a lot of panic just by standing near the enemy battle line(Of course they also shoot projectiles from above which no other unit can do). They are also better than horse cavalry for rear charging a phalanx, as horses take more casualties and elephants usually take none. Chariots however, I can agree with you. They're just so clunky and useless that it's a waste of a valuable unit slot even having them in a stack...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    Really? They are pretty useful if you use them the right way... they can mess up enemy cav on the flanks and cause a lot of panic just by standing near the enemy battle line(Of course they also shoot projectiles from above which no other unit can do). They are also better than horse cavalry for rear charging a phalanx, as horses take more casualties and elephants usually take none. Chariots however, I can agree with you. They're just so clunky and useless that it's a waste of a valuable unit slot even having them in a stack...
    Okay maybe Ill have to try them again, I always just used them as archerplatforms, fearing them going in a frenzy if I send them into a melee. Never used them that much, so forget they frighten horses.

The one thing that bothered me about African elephants ( towered ) was their upkeep cost. The naked ones cost 900 to upkeep and towered ones with the same stats essentially only with added couple of archers cost 1600 to upkeep. How does adding a couple of archers increase the cost by 700 that much. I never built them as Numidia in Carthage.

Okay maybe Ill have to try them again, I always just used them as archerplatforms, fearing them going in a frenzy if I send them into a melee. Never used them that much, so forget they frighten horses.
    They are an amazing tool to win battles if well managed.
    Usually I use them during the half way of the battle, when the AI morale is lower, they can easily start mass routes. However, we still need to be careful not to leave them stuck between enemy armies suffering casualties.

The new armour for the nabatean is nice and that their early game got more love. Will try them, my last attempt was some time ago

Why do the nabatean actually become eastern imperial and not Hellenistic polities? Seems more fitting to me.

I rarely actually use elephants, whenever I do I find them invaluable. They're particularly useful in the opening stages of an Epirus campaign. Being able to route whole armies within the opening stages is extremely useful when you're in extreme debt and unable to replenish your opening forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneuth View Post
    The new armour for the nabatean is nice and that their early game got more love. Will try them, my last attempt was some time ago

Why do the nabatean actually become eastern imperial and not Hellenistic polities? Seems more fitting to me.
    It's not technically new, instead they've reverted to their original bodyguard, with the previous one added as an armour upgrade and very visible sign of Hellenisation. Though they did get a change of primary weapon (from javelin to lance).

Eastern Imperial is an eastern Hellenised/post-Makedonian form of culture. Hellenistic Polities represents the western and Greek traditions, which isn't what is intended.