Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

Preach brother Sar1n, preach!!

Any chances to see the change log for this version?
    I'd like to congratulate the mod team on the new release, but I'd prefer to know what I'm going to install, before deleting the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    Any chances to see the change log for this version?
    I'd like to congratulate the mod team on the new release, but I'd prefer to know what I'm going to install, before deleting the previous version.
    See this thread, sit down it will take you a while. Lots has changed from v2.35.

I got a repeated crash Romans sieging Alalia and on their turn it when they are about to attack the game crashes to dekstop. Tried everything everytime time the same result. here is the campaign. Just end turn at will crash on roman turn attacking Aalalia. I have to say 20 turns prior I had Alalia and I had a known bug in medieval 2 when a general and army dissapears in the settlement (Alalia) and they are there the units but not there lol. Hard to descripe I m pretty sure you guys seen that thing. So it must have corrupted Alalia so after 20 turns I get this gift of repeated crash on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bordinis; June 04, 2021 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I got a repeated crash Romans sieging Alalia and on their turn it when they are about to attack the game crashes to dekstop. Tried everything everytime time the same result. here is the campaign. Just end turn at will crash on roman turn attacking Aalalia. I have to say 20 turns prior I had Alalia and I had a known bug in medieval 2 when a general and army dissapears in the settlement (Alalia) and they are there the units but not there lol. Hard to descripe I m pretty sure you guys seen that thing. So it must have corrupted Alalia so after 20 turns I get this gift of repeated crash on it.
    Can't do anything with a save, I'm afraid.

Have you tried disrupting the Roman siege? Sometimes the game gets stuck on things and only by changing it can you circumvent whatever is causing the problem.

Will Makedon/Ptolemy get the Seulucid satrapy system in the next release?

I can t disrupt the siege unfortunetely. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Will Makedon/Ptolemy get the Seulucid satrapy system in the next release?
    No, no one has been working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I can t disrupt the siege unfortunetely. Thanks anyway
    You can't move an army over to them with move_character and attack the Romans to cancel the siege?

oh forgot about that completely lol will do..

A little question. As SPQR, can I, and under which conditions, get armour upgrade for Iberian noble cavalry, Celtiberian medium cavalry and Numidian nobles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    A little question. As SPQR, can I, and under which conditions, get armour upgrade for Iberian noble cavalry, Celtiberian medium cavalry and Numidian nobles?
    Yes you can, in any settlement with walls, at these times:

Code:
    				armour 1 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecScutariiEra 1
    				armour 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    				armour 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecCarthage_Reform 1
    				armour 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecPanoply_Reform 1
    				armour 5 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1
    				armour 6 requires factions { all, } and event_counter ecCelticTwilight 1
    You'd have to check the EDU for those units to see when the upgrades apply.

One of the most underdeveloped factions, the Nabatu, will be getting some love in the next release.

Just wanted to tell " Rite of Passage" = Terrible. My faction leader stuck in one of the cities passaging for more than 20 turns!!! Bug? It s way too long and does not add nothing to the gameplay. In fact having 20 settlements cripples the camapign so much I am at the point I dont have generals to fight anymore they all passaging for 20+ turns.I think it s bugged..
    Last edited by bordinis; June 06, 2021 at 05:37 AM.

A little feedback after nearly 200 turns as SPQR.

Client rulers should be immune to certain traits. Bored was one of most annoying ones so far, but another one that bothered me a bit was the...well, I don't remember how it is called exactly, but it was a fine for being unmarried.

Missile changes. It's a mixed bag...but the most prominent problem is that AI simply doesn't care. While I can utilize missile units to their full extent and easily score 150+ kills with cheap slingers without having them step in front of my line or engage in melee, all that AI does is to shoot your troops from the front, which does next to nothing. And does such stupid things like approaching the infantry line nearly at parallel with some units, resulting in giving my Principes and Hastati cheap shot at their sides and back...4-6 volleys and the poor unit was decimated and running for their lives, even if it was something like Arkoi.
    Javelin cavalry is in general underwhelming. Against other cavalry, they're virtually useless, while javelins were quite common and effective weapons in cavalry skirmishes of the era. Even against infantry, they do little. I did a few tests...took two javelin cavalry units against Pantadopoi Phalangitai (chosen for their neglible armour and shield values, no ranged weapons and slow speed making them easy to kite), used one as bait and had the other unload their entire ammo supply in their back. Even Igallidan, best skirmisher cavalry in game, couldn't do much more than 50-ish casualties.
    I think the best approach would be to give cavalry their own variants of projectiles, with increased radius that should make hitting the other cavalry easier.
    Javelin infantry is fine, at least when used by player. I wouldn't mind them doing a bit more casualties from the front to help AI while maintaining same effectiveness from sides and rear, player can set them up to make better use of them.

Some factions have problem expanding. At least in my game, it was noticeable for Aureakoi, Leusitane, Aruernoi and Aedui, capturing one or no settlement within nearly 200 turns. What I've noticed is that they seem to be fixated on one region, besieging it repeatedly and losing. There's one odd thing about it...I've witnessed Aureakoi and Leusitane repeatedly attack Kontrebia, being beaten back every time. The region seems to be getting reinforcements, because when I attacked it afterwards, the garrison was 9 units, three of them generals, all at full strength and with 9 experience and armour upgrades when applicable. That was turn 190-ish.

And finally...I've been on the recieving end of the new faction reemergence script, and what bothers me that the battle is instantly auto-resolved in favor of attacker, with no casualties on his side. I've lost an entire 20-unit army this way.
    Last edited by Sar1n; June 06, 2021 at 09:45 AM.

A little feedback after nearly 200 turns as SPQR.

Client rulers should be immune to certain traits. Bored was one of most annoying ones so far, but another one that bothered me a bit was the...well, I don't remember how it is called exactly, but it was a fine for being unmarried.
    There's a lot more work to be done on traits.

Missile changes. It's a mixed bag...but the most prominent problem is that AI simply doesn't care. While I can utilize missile units to their full extent and easily score 150+ kills with cheap slingers without having them step in front of my line or engage in melee, all that AI does is to shoot your troops from the front, which does next to nothing. And does such stupid things like approaching the infantry line nearly at parallel with some units, resulting in giving my Principes and Hastati cheap shot at their sides and back...4-6 volleys and the poor unit was decimated and running for their lives, even if it was something like Arkoi.
    Javelin cavalry is in general underwhelming. Against other cavalry, they're virtually useless, while javelins were quite common and effective weapons in cavalry skirmishes of the era. Even against infantry, they do little. I did a few tests...took two javelin cavalry units against Pantadopoi Phalangitai (chosen for their neglible armour and shield values, no ranged weapons and slow speed making them easy to kite), used one as bait and had the other unload their entire ammo supply in their back. Even Igallidan, best skirmisher cavalry in game, couldn't do much more than 50-ish casualties.
    I think the best approach would be to give cavalry their own variants of projectiles, with increased radius that should make hitting the other cavalry easier.
    Javelin infantry is fine, at least when used by player. I wouldn't mind them doing a bit more casualties from the front to help AI while maintaining same effectiveness from sides and rear, player can set them up to make better use of them.
    We've been discussing javelin cavalry, there will be an update for them in R3.

Some factions have problem expanding. At least in my game, it was noticeable for Aureakoi, Leusitane, Aruernoi and Aedui, capturing one or no settlement within nearly 200 turns. What I've noticed is that they seem to be fixated on one region, besieging it repeatedly and losing. There's one odd thing about it...I've witnessed Aureakoi and Leusitane repeatedly attack Kontrebia, being beaten back every time. The region seems to be getting reinforcements, because when I attacked it afterwards, the garrison was 9 units, three of them generals, all at full strength and with 9 experience and armour upgrades when applicable. That was turn 19o-ish.
    I suspect the issue here is one already fixed in R3 - the Command stars of Rebel characters. Once they win some battles, they carry on getting more and more overpowered. The CAI changes should prevent the merging of revolt stacks.

And finally...I've been on the recieving end of the new faction reemergence script, and what bothers me that the battle is instantly auto-resolved in favor of attacker, with no casualties on his side. I've lost an entire 20-unit army this way.
    Not much we can do about that. This formulation of the script actually works properly, in terms of spawning where it's supposed to, so I'm leaving it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's a lot more work to be done on traits.

We've been discussing javelin cavalry, there will be an update for them in R3.

I suspect the issue here is one already fixed in R3 - the Command stars of Rebel characters. Once they win some battles, they carry on getting more and more overpowered. The CAI changes should prevent the merging of revolt stacks.

Not much we can do about that. This formulation of the script actually works properly, in terms of spawning where it's supposed to, so I'm leaving it at that.
    Good to hear (or see) that. Any chance you could let us know whether the R3 is a matter of days, weeks or months? Or in other words...do I have time to finish this campaign or start another one before R3?

Oh well...lesson learned about the script. Next time, it's exterminatus for you, Aureakoi.

Oh well...lesson learned about the script. Next time, it's exterminatus for you, Aureakoi.
    I had exactly the same issue on a previous campaign. Had 20 veteran units in their capital keeping order and they were just wiped out wihout a fight. But the issue is that we don't have a better way to re-emerge the faction as the old script was terrible and weird things kept happening like the Celtiberians appearing in Asia, the happiness bonus on all the settlements, etc

A side note, did anyone else find that the name Lucivs Cornelivs Scipio to be extremely popular? I have four of them...

I guess the game has a soft spot for Scipio Africanus's much lesser known brother.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Just realised the assignment of what unit can hide where is a bit of a mess. Will fix that.