Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 788

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

  1. #401
    Marvzilla's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North-Rhine Westphalia,Germany.
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Sorry for double posting. Do I have to reapply the patch that shall not be named after the update ? Getting a constant crash when trying to defend Pella on the battlefield in the third turn as Epeiros. Also related to that turns are quite slow again, so yeah.

    Edit: When I tried to defend Taras I got extreme stuttering when facing the besieging Roman army.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; April 24, 2021 at 01:49 PM.

  2. #402

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    You just need to download the small fix ( 46 mb ) and copy it s data folder into medieval directory and not into data folder lol wich is the most common mistake people do these days, and get their game crapped. They copy data folder or throw it to medieval data folder and get the nonsense afterwards. Remember copy data folder into medieval directory not into medieval data lol.

  3. #403
    Marvzilla's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North-Rhine Westphalia,Germany.
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Thats not what I meant mate, theres a patch that improves the performance of the game drastically, less crashes etc.

  4. #404

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Nothing has changed with the executable in the patch.

    There's more stuff in the script, though the only thing that might delay turns is the re-emergence safety, and that won't be doing anything at the start.

  5. #405
    Marvzilla's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North-Rhine Westphalia,Germany.
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Hm, okay thanks then its something on my side.

  6. #406

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Bit unsure about the kill rate there is positives and negatives to be sure, i like the devastating cavalry charges (also the danger if in prolonged melee) but melee in general is quite a drastic change and might be a little too fast.

    Where do you make the edit? Think i want to try a small reduction.

    Edit: Found it battle_config.xml, before it was 0.035 right, ill try a 0.05 reduction.
    Last edited by Martin N; April 24, 2021 at 06:24 PM.

    "I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

    - Voltaire(1694–1778)

  7. #407

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Sorry to say this but I'm not happy with how colonists are handled either for the Bosporan Kingdom and Baktria. With the Bosporans you either have to conquer cities in Asia Minor or wait 200 turns. But I'm not 100% sure about the 200 turn thing but that is how long it takes to go to 69% Hellenistic in your capital. Baktria is even more confusing. I think I got four colonists through the missions (I refused the mission that gives you elephants). Four is one to few to build up hellenistic polis in two cities. As far as I understand it I now have to build the third settler colony in Baktria and then use another to build the metropolis??? I think I have spent more time reading through guides than actually play the game. If you know what to do it is probably easy but I find it very confusing.

  8. #408

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Bit unsure about the kill rate there is positives and negatives to be sure, i like the devastating cavalry charges (also the danger if in prolonged melee) but melee in general is quite a drastic change and might be a little too fast.

    Where do you make the edit? Think i want to try a small reduction.

    Edit: Found it battle_config.xml, before it was 0.035 right, ill try a 0.05 reduction.
    It was 0.35 before, now 0.5. Try 0.4 or 0.45 if you want a lower value.

    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Sorry to say this but I'm not happy with how colonists are handled either for the Bosporan Kingdom and Baktria. With the Bosporans you either have to conquer cities in Asia Minor or wait 200 turns. But I'm not 100% sure about the 200 turn thing but that is how long it takes to go to 69% Hellenistic in your capital. Baktria is even more confusing. I think I got four colonists through the missions (I refused the mission that gives you elephants). Four is one to few to build up hellenistic polis in two cities. As far as I understand it I now have to build the third settler colony in Baktria and then use another to build the metropolis??? I think I have spent more time reading through guides than actually play the game. If you know what to do it is probably easy but I find it very confusing.
    Different factions play differently. Note you only need colonists for the first level of a polis, it's Hellenistic Colonies that need one for each level.

    For Baktria, you could seed a small polis in four different settlements, gaining a colonist base when you upgrade three of them to regular-sized polis (which just requires culture change and upgraded markets).

  9. #409

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    OK, I have updated the guide to 2.35 R2

    https://mega.nz/file/AcAXnIDK#FSTKvh...MF1iLkdYSF5oOg

  10. #410

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It was 0.35 before, now 0.5. Try 0.4 or 0.45 if you want a lower value.



    Different factions play differently. Note you only need colonists for the first level of a polis, it's Hellenistic Colonies that need one for each level.

    For Baktria, you could seed a small polis in four different settlements, gaining a colonist base when you upgrade three of them to regular-sized polis (which just requires culture change and upgraded markets).
    Oh, ok. Now I understand. I thought that hellenistic culture wouldn't go above the level needed to reach the second level polis and could the team consider putting a minor polis into Obia? Or maybe make an event like if you have 5 provinces then you can encourage settlers one or two times through an event so that you don't have to wait 200 turns as the Bosporan Kingdom?

    edit: are there other things that influence cultural conversion. In Makanda I'm already at 38% and at Oskobara I'm only at 34%. A while back they were both at 33%. Both have a minor polis and a level 1 settler colony.
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 25, 2021 at 02:58 AM.

  11. #411

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Ok, I timed it. Oskobara got to 35% at turn 82 and to 36% at turn 93?? I guess that means it increases 1% every 11 turns so I have to wait another 143 turns...
    I give up. I'm a defensive player and I need a story to follow and with the Bosporan Kingdom and Baktria it was being on the edge of the hellenistic world bringing hellenistic culture to far off places but with both I'm just clicking next turn 200 times. I love this mod but playing these two factions for the first time was not so great.

  12. #412

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Oh, ok. Now I understand. I thought that hellenistic culture wouldn't go above the level needed to reach the second level polis and could the team consider putting a minor polis into Obia? Or maybe make an event like if you have 5 provinces then you can encourage settlers one or two times through an event so that you don't have to wait 200 turns as the Bosporan Kingdom?

    edit: are there other things that influence cultural conversion. In Makanda I'm already at 38% and at Oskobara I'm only at 34%. A while back they were both at 33%. Both have a minor polis and a level 1 settler colony.
    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Ok, I timed it. Oskobara got to 35% at turn 82 and to 36% at turn 93?? I guess that means it increases 1% every 11 turns so I have to wait another 143 turns...
    I give up. I'm a defensive player and I need a story to follow and with the Bosporan Kingdom and Baktria it was being on the edge of the hellenistic world bringing hellenistic culture to far off places but with both I'm just clicking next turn 200 times. I love this mod but playing these two factions for the first time was not so great.
    There are multiple sources of cultural conversion. Colonies give "fast conversion", which is 1% every 4 turns, in addition to other influences. Your governors (especially if they have high Influence) will also convert, though not as fast as colonies. The surrounding area (as in provinces bordering on the one you're converting) also has an impact, which is why it's slower for Baktria than the Bosporans.

    The point of putting in a colony for the Baktrians is that it's faster than waiting for governor-driven converson. Colonies fast-convert to the level of rel_h needed for the next tier of polis. And yes, conversion is a gradual process.

    The absence of a polis in Olbia, Mikra Skythia kai Pentapolis and Byzantion is intentional - the Greeks there had moved away from that mode of organising themselves (or hadn't arrived at it by our start date). Colonisation was primarily a Diadochi thing, that it's harder for the Epigonoi is by design.

  13. #413

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There are multiple sources of cultural conversion. Colonies give "fast conversion", which is 1% every 4 turns, in addition to other influences. Your governors (especially if they have high Influence) will also convert, though not as fast as colonies. The surrounding area (as in provinces bordering on the one you're converting) also has an impact, which is why it's slower for Baktria than the Bosporans.

    The point of putting in a colony for the Baktrians is that it's faster than waiting for governor-driven converson. Colonies fast-convert to the level of rel_h needed for the next tier of polis. And yes, conversion is a gradual process.

    The absence of a polis in Olbia, Mikra Skythia kai Pentapolis and Byzantion is intentional - the Greeks there had moved away from that mode of organising themselves (or hadn't arrived at it by our start date). Colonisation was primarily a Diadochi thing, that it's harder for the Epigonoi is by design.
    Thanks for the clarification. Not that I would ever use it but is there a console command for getting colony points.

  14. #414

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Not that I would ever use it but is there a console command for getting colony points.
    There isn't, I'm afraid. They're a script-only benny. Same goes for creating buildings, unfortunately.

    If you give your FMs traits/ancillaries that boost their Influence, that will help.

    Otherwise, you could always use Force Diplomacy or some other nefarious means to "borrow" a settlement with a Metropoleis to give you some colony points for a time before giving it back to the original owner.

    If I sound unapologetic about the difficulties some factions have with colonisation, that's part of the broader goal of making them distinct and unique play experiences. If you want easy colonisation, play Makedonia, Ptolemaioi or the Seleukids. Each Hellenistic faction should give a different experience and colonisation is one of those nuances.

  15. #415

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Ok, sorry to bother you again but I started a Pergamon game and after a while besieged Side and for some reason my entire aristocracy was just wiped out, only two I left behind are still alive. Normally I save quite frequently but this time I did not. Is this WAD???

  16. #416

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There isn't, I'm afraid. They're a script-only benny. Same goes for creating buildings, unfortunately.

    If you give your FMs traits/ancillaries that boost their Influence, that will help.

    Otherwise, you could always use Force Diplomacy or some other nefarious means to "borrow" a settlement with a Metropoleis to give you some colony points for a time before giving it back to the original owner.

    If I sound unapologetic about the difficulties some factions have with colonisation, that's part of the broader goal of making them distinct and unique play experiences. If you want easy colonisation, play Makedonia, Ptolemaioi or the Seleukids. Each Hellenistic faction should give a different experience and colonisation is one of those nuances.
    No problem. I think it is great that you people are so focused on history and all. Personally I think for example that if a mighty Bosporan Kingdom appears that this would probably serve as a pull factor and attract settler. Baktria is of course a different matter.
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 25, 2021 at 07:01 AM.

  17. #417

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Ok, sorry to bother you again but I started a Pergamon game and after a while besieged Side and for some reason my entire aristocracy was just wiped out, only two I left behind are still alive. Normally I save quite frequently but this time I did not. Is this WAD???
    Do you have spies active looking out for assassins from other factions?

    Did any of them revolt (that can happen too if their Loyalty is low)?

  18. #418

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you have spies active looking out for assassins from other factions?

    Did any of them revolt (that can happen too if their Loyalty is low)?
    I didn't but everybody there died. I think a Ptolomy family member who was in the province, too also one of my diplomats and spy. 56% of the army disappeared as well. I didn't save it, I was too flabbergasted The army was lead by my faction leader.

  19. #419

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    I didn't but everybody there died. I think a Ptolomy family member who was in the province, too also one of my diplomats and spy. 56% of the army disappeared as well. I didn't save it, I was too flabbergasted The army was lead by my faction leader.
    It could have been an earthquake? Or a bugged storm?

  20. #420

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    It could have been an earthquake? Or a bugged storm?

    I just got a message that my faction leader had died. It was no earthquake. It happened around turn 30.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •