Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

I clicked beyond the unpassable part of Libya and there is an (extremely long) route around it through Eremos. Could the AI use this to bypass?

EDIT: Never mind just saw the other post.

If you knew the pain I've had trying to close that gap at the top on the coastal route...

I'm not sure the AI can "see" multiple moves in advance to plot a way through the deep desert. I guess we'll see.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If you knew the pain I've had trying to close that gap at the top on the coastal route...

I'm not sure the AI can "see" multiple moves in advance to plot a way through the deep desert. I guess we'll see.
    Wouldnt be so sure about the second part, unless they go from target to target diplomats get around a lot.

I just want to say Thanks for the update man, and on such quick notice, I am playing with a increased move distance set to 500, and still have not seen carthage or ptolemy fight 13 turns in, Carthage took Garma, but has made no attempt to go on the Southern route even tho with 500 movement its not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I just want to say Thanks for the update man, and on such quick notice, I am playing with a increased move distance set to 500, and still have not seen carthage or ptolemy fight 13 turns in, Carthage took Garma, but has made no attempt to go on the Southern route even tho with 500 movement its not a problem.
    I'm hoping it's enough to discourage the AI. It was something we threw in at the last minute when discussing Release 2, so it isn't enough by itself to merit a Release 3, but it would be annoying if it doesn't do anything.

I'm hoping it's enough to discourage the AI. It was something we threw in at the last minute when discussing Release 2, so it isn't enough by itself to merit a Release 3, but it would be annoying if it doesn't do anything.
    So there won't be a hotfix anytime soon? Pity.

As a quick workaround I remember from EBI putting a command in one of the txt. files that prevented Carthage and Ptolomies attacking each other. I wonder if that would work in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    So there won't be a hotfix anytime soon? Pity.

As a quick workaround I remember from EBI putting a command in one of the txt. files that prevented Carthage and Ptolomies attacking each other. I wonder if that would work in this case?
    The purpose of this change is to force the "military" element of the CAI to treat that direction as impassable and thus not think about it. Anything we do with scripting would simply be ignored as long as it can see a route to expand that way.

Let's see how this pans out, it may be enough to change decisionmaking in many games. Perhaps even when the player is one of those factions. Meanwhile I will keep trying and if something concrete emerges, I'll get that out there.

OK, important: the zip in the original post has now been updated to fix the problem with the Celtic Slingers. If you downloaded it before now, they will be messed up.
    Can anyone confirm this later R2 zip is working? I had to manually update the modelDB, because the version in the development build has moved on already meaning I couldn't use our automatic tool.

Does the game start and do Celtic Slingers now have their correct skins again?

Can anyone confirm this later R2 zip is working? I had to manually update the modelDB, because the version in the development build has moved on already meaning I couldn't use our automatic tool.

Does the game start and do Celtic Slingers now have their correct skins again?
    The zip is working and teh slingers look as they used to look. All is dandy now

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    The zip is working and teh slingers look as they used to look. All is dandy now
    Excellent.

Has anyone spotted the new units we sneaked into Release 2?

My little eye spies:

• Iturean Brigands

Aaand that's all?

Anyways, take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    My little eye spies:

• Iturean Brigands

Aaand that's all?

Anyways, take your time.
    Well spotted. Anyone who was enjoying Kretan Archer spam in the Levant, sorry they now require a colony as intended.

It's them and a reworking of the Celtic Skirmishers - which is what caused the breaking of the Celtic Slingers, who had previously been sharing attachment textures with them.

What do people make of the increased melee kill rate (from 0.35 to 0.5)? Should be particularly noticeable with cavalry charges.

Foederatus

What do people make of the increased melee kill rate (from 0.35 to 0.5)? Should be particularly noticeable with cavalry charges.
    I welcome this change. This makes the cavalry and the infanty charges also feel more impactful. Given that you guys havent changed anything else regarding battles, this is going to make battles play out faster, right?

Campidoctor

I haven't tried it yet so rest of my comment is irrelevant, but I liked the slower paced battles and things having time to develop and play out over time. Dunno how significant the change is, but my initial reaction is being a little sad. (But I know can always edit back to previous values myself if I feel the need, so I'm not despondent). Interested to see for myself though, maybe it feels good, who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Ampe211 View Post
    I welcome this change. This makes the cavalry and the infanty charges also feel more impactful. Given that you guys havent changed anything else regarding battles, this is going to make battles play out faster, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I haven't tried it yet so rest of my comment is irrelevant, but I liked the slower paced battles and things having time to develop and play out over time. Dunno how significant the change is, but my initial reaction is being a little sad. (But I know can always edit back to previous values myself if I feel the need, so I'm not despondent). Interested to see for myself though, maybe it feels good, who knows..
    We're looking out for feedback on this. Fortunately it's a really easy (and I believe savegame compatible) thing to change. My own inclination would be to reduce it a bit more, but I'm waiting to see what people make of it.

I KNEW something was different... I just started an new Pergamon game last night with all the latest patches and fixes, and I noticed that battles have been ending much faster. I was wondering why my Lydian lancers were steamrolling everything in their path... now I think I have an answer.

If this change is to be permanent... perhaps I'll start playing on hard battle difficulty to compensate with boosted enemy morale.
    . .

Well the change is very welcome for us VH/VH players. Infantry still fight long and tbh I don t want to slug through half an hour hoplite versus hoplite action, you know how tedious that one gets. And those falxes finally feel like they are doing work. Cavalry charges on the rear are not that powerful on VH difficulty I reckon it s more of a problem for lover difficulty players. Even if a player charges multiple times and especially if the infantry he is charging are heavy and disciplined they won t rout even after 4 charges. So a problem might be with lover difficulty players but not for VH. Personally i love this new lethality, that s what some of us secretly wanted.. So this version of EB2 is the most enjoyable I have ever played in all those long years. Now I feel joy in battles. Even the javelin cavalry are nice now, slingers feel where they should be with their damage and archers are nice, especially Horse archers. They feel dangerous to fight against which what it was supposed to be, a player shouldn t had won battles against HA factions only just brainlesly bringing full stack of heavy infantry, now a player has to respond to HA threat. I had this massive battle against Sarmatians and their HA almost got crushed from their Ha but only because I did not bring any foot archers or slingers to counter back. Very lovely battles and great work guys. Very enjoyable experience. Bravo
    Last edited by bordinis; April 24, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Well spotted. Anyone who was enjoying Kretan Archer spam in the Levant, sorry they now require a colony as intended.

It's them and a reworking of the Celtic Skirmishers - which is what caused the breaking of the Celtic Slingers, who had previously been sharing attachment textures with them.
    Very small things: The Itumean short description text is broken, and they draw their arrows from the hip while the quiver is at their backs, but I dont think thats a real problem.

I had trouble initially with the installation, but once I reread the installation instructions and applied them correctly, it's now fully installed. Great Work!