Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Not just your fault, i assumed what it was as opposed to really thinking about it too. Guessing such a change won't be savegame compatible either so it might be worth putting this on hold because i actually quite like the sound of it. I followed your logic in that debate to a certain extent and would prefer Carthage and Egypt couldn't as easily expand in that direction.
    No, not savegame compatible. Not with changes to script, map and all sorts of other things.

I'm really confused by the whole camp mechanic. As Sweboz I conquered Scurgum. Now I read in the converting camps guide that you cannot convert/build higher tier farms there. Is that still true? Is there a way to find out where it is and where it isn't possible to convert camps?

edit: Ok, so if it is a nomadicc region then it cannot be turned into a settlement. Could someone elaborate why people in Jutland can create permanent settlements but Pommeranians cannot?
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 21, 2021 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, not savegame compatible. Not with changes to script, map and all sorts of other things.

Good to know thanks, least i am not too far in to the campaign.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I did the same thing. First i did "toggle_fow" and then typed "run_ai" and the turn started with Aedui being re-emerged but with one stack only. Still playing, camapaign works and did not corrupt itself this time. I just forgot to write down that generals name which spawned as a Rebel stack..Not sure what s going on with those re-emerging generals, some work fine others do not..
    I have done some new tests by killing the aedui and kh in your campaign. Each time they have re-emerged without problems, so it seems to be a random failure. There will be a little security in the patch to try to automatically unblock the campaign. If there is failure, it will take 60 sec before to fire though (in the case there is just a lot of re-emergence at the same time), so i strongly suggest to not use the tip with run_ai during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have done some new tests by killing the aedui and kh in your campaign. Each time they have re-emerged without problems, so it seems to be a random failure. There will be a little security in the patch to try to automatically unblock the campaign. If there is failure, it will take 60 sec before to fire though (in the case there is just a lot of re-emergence at the same time), so i strongly suggest to not use the tip with run_ai during this time.
    I am not sure what Quintus will do to resolve this, I already waited 25 plus mins on my Lugian campaign where Pergamon respawned with rebel stacks and with no Faction itself and it was broken in this one I got lucky only one stack respawned as rebels.

I am not sure what Quintus will do to resolve this, I already waited 25 plus mins on my Lugian campaign where Pergamon respawned with rebel stacks and with no Faction itself and it was broken in this one I got lucky only one stack respawned as rebels.
    Erken's come up with a little monitor to nudge the game along and lastly use run_ai if that doesn't work. It'll be in Release 2.

Is it normal that if I am as Pergamon at turn 558 and I don t have any Attalides generals spawn for me? I have one general right now spawned in specifically ( I noticed this only happens in Pergamon itself ) in Pergamon but he has no athnicity at all. This is not the first general who spawns in Pergamon and does not have a ethnicity. So I have my last basileus right now he is about 60 and Atallides ( non Attalides ethnicity generals do not become baisleus btw ) So when he dies I ll update what happened and whether I got basileus for my faction. I have taken pictures with program GIMP but damn I don t know how to convert with that program and upload here. I have pictures with generals with no Ethnicity.

What does this nudge do? Is it essentially dealing with some M2TW bug?

Is it normal that if I am as Pergamon at turn 558 and I don t have any Attalides generals spawn for me? I have one general right now spawned in specifically ( I noticed this only happens in Pergamon itself ) in Pergamon but he has no athnicity at all. This is not the first general who spawns in Pergamon and does not have a ethnicity. So I have my last basileus right now he is about 60 and Atallides ( non Attalides ethnicity generals do not become baisleus btw ) So when he dies I ll update what happened and whether I got basileus for my faction. I have taken pictures with program GIMP but damn I don t know how to convert with that program and upload here. I have pictures with generals with no Ethnicity.
    I've had this problem as well, one or two generals turning up with no ethnicity in my Epeiros campaign (always potential suitors/adoptees though, never children).

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Marriage Candidates and not having ethinicity traits sometimes is something that happened to me before version 2.35A. Don't know if it is just random stuff from the game.
    Using Gimp, convert images to .png or .jpg by using "export as" at the file tab. then just use an image hosting plataform like Imgur.

Maybe my problem was that I was not putting my basileus ( all of them I had throughout ) in Capital? In Pergamon maybe. Because I noticed that allways fighting battles with faction leaders increases stability of other generals and loyalty. Maybe I should have had put those basileus in capital to sit and make babies.. That s why my Attalides died off and did not respawned? I ll try to put him to Pergamon and see what happens in following turns.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    (...)
    Yes, we haven't changed the formations for skirmishers.

(...)
    Thank you. Just asked about because both Ilieis and Illyrioi Peltastai are classed has Skirmirshers but have separate close and loose formations. When reading the description of both units, at least for me, it is not clear if they are pure skirmirshers. Just checking if they are as intended.

This one is earlier https://imgur.com/mH5oKI3https://imgur.com/mH5oKI3

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Now that neither player nor AI can merge fleets shortly after their creation, I'm seeing lots of these little oddly placed naval clusters around the map during the mid-late game (2.35a)
    Attachment 364692

looks like Ptolemaîos is still fiddling with those water locks for his great canal

edit: should I post this as a bug?
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 21, 2021 at 06:42 PM.
    . .

not allowing the ai to merge fleets is just asking for trouble in the long run imo. Certainly not worth it just for a trait for naval captains.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksander the Average View Post
    Now that neither player nor AI can merge fleets shortly after their creation, I'm seeing lots of these little oddly placed naval clusters around the map during the mid-late game (2.35a)
    Attachment 364692

looks like Ptolemaîos is still fiddling with those water locks for his great canal

Good catch. Already was seeing something like you are reporting in a Epeirote campaign I was in.
    You might not have seen but I already reported an "issue" with merging fleets. The team will delay the attribution of the "WellSupplied" trait for a couple of turns. I refrained from replying, but I believe that the AI will continue having difficulties to create large fleets, when the player can take advantage of it but I will wait for the release to see what happens.
    Last edited by Raiuga; April 22, 2021 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Wordings

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    What does this nudge do? Is it essentially dealing with some M2TW bug?
    Once you press end turn, the monitor checks every 10 sec if the first ai turn has been reached. If it's not the case after 60 sec, then the monitor use the run_ai command to force the continuation of the campaign (60 sec can seem long, but it's in the case a lot of re-emergences are simply in progress). This monitor is totally independent of the script itself, and is even triggered before.

A delay of 1 sec has also been added at the beginning of the main monitor (more because it's an ordinary tip in case of problem than for a real reason).

This bug is irrational though (doesn't occur without fog of war...), so it's likely just an obscure failure of the game highlighted because the script halt the ai during the re-emergence.

In the worst case (really the worst!), if nothing happens after 60 sec, you will still have the option to type "run_ai" in the console to manually unblock the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksander the Average View Post
    Attachment 364692

Moved from the screenshots thread, which I think was posted in error.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    not allowing the ai to merge fleets is just asking for trouble in the long run imo. Certainly not worth it just for a trait for naval captains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Good catch. Already was seeing something like you are reporting in a Epeirote campaign I was in.
    You might not have seen but I already reported an "issue" with merging fleets. The team will delay the attribution of the "WellSupplied" trait for a couple of turns. I refrained from replying, but I believe that the AI will continue having difficulties to create large fleets, when the player can take advantage of it but I will wait for the release to see what happens.
    This has been addressed in Release 2, there's at least one turn (possibly two) after a fleet's creation that they lack the NavalSupplies trait which should allow merging.

Campidoctor

But they still won't be able to merge for the rest of the campaign? That seems like it'll still end up with groups of unmerged small fleets sooner than later if there isn't some mechanism causing them to merge reliably within the first turn or two allowance. Which given where other fleets are when new ones are recruited, might not even be possible within that timeframe. Maybe it's not necessarily a problem, having small one or two unit navies represent fleets, if the overall numbers of fleets are relatively low. Like if an AI faction has only 15 naval units, maybe having them be split into 8-10, or even quite possibly 15, separate operating forces makes sense. Might take some getting used to. But the player will definitely have the advantage of foresight and planning, likely leading to player-only huge navies always winning against AI at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Once you press end turn, the monitor checks every 10 sec if the first ai turn has been reached. If it's not the case after 60 sec, then the monitor use the run_ai command to force the continuation of the campaign (60 sec can seem long, but it's in the case a lot of re-emergences are simply in progress). This monitor is totally independent of the script itself, and is even triggered before.

A delay of 1 sec has also been added at the beginning of the main monitor (more because it's an ordinary tip in case of problem than for a real reason).

This bug is irrational though (doesn't occur without fog of war...), so it's likely just an obscure failure of the game highlighted because the script halt the ai during the re-emergence.

In the worst case (really the worst!), if nothing happens after 60 sec, you will still have the option to type "run_ai" in the console to manually unblock the turn.
    Gotcha, so the bug is that AI sometimes doesn't restart after re-emergence if you have fog of war on?