Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1293

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    I've been modifying the EDU and EDB for my campaigns without too much issue, though you're absolutely right if you're referring to the "offset" bug where inserting new code in the middle of the EDB and EDU causes everything to go out of whack. For simple stat rebalancing in EDU and recruitment changes in EDB though, they're definitely savegame compatible
    Wait, what? Could you clarify this a bit? So if I change the contents of an existing entry the game is fine, but if I add a whole new line it crashes the current campaign? I was under the impression that making any changes whatsoever caused crashes and is incompatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wait, what? Could you clarify this a bit? So if I change the contents of an existing entry the game is fine, but if I add a whole new line it crashes the current campaign? I was under the impression that making any changes whatsoever caused crashes and is incompatible.
    I misunderstood QS's comment. Actually, while modifying existing EDU and EDB entries is fine, the following actions will throw your game out of whack:

1. Re-ordering EDU/EDB entries
    2. Inserting a new EDU/EDB entry in the middle of their respective files

You can read more about this insidious bug at https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...aign-save-file .

To answer your question, it WON'T crash the game, which is even worse, because when you reload the campaign save, weird things will happen, like recruitment temporarily disappearing if you incorrectly modify the EDU, or buildings downgrading if you incorrectly modify the EDB. This is why most modders seem to discourage modifying the EDB/EDU mid-campaign. I made the mistake of frivolously doing that in the past and paid it with campaign headaches.

All I can recommend if you decide to start a new campaign and inject the new units later, is to insert all the EDU, battle_models.modeldb, and whatever entries at the very end of their respective files. That should play nice with M2TW's weird way of serializing all campaign data as ordered numbers. As long as you don't disrupt the order of all game file entries, you should be good

I cannot in good faith encourage you to insert new units into an existing campaign due to all the existing M2TW engine quirks. Yes, modifying the EDU and EDB is possible mid-campaign, and yes, if all you're doing is buffing/nerfing unit stats or adding new recruitment lines, it's 100% error-free. But adding entirely new units or buildings is too risky

Foederatus

According to the EBII twitter updates, nearly all the changes are "just" new units. With some smart copying and pasting, you can continue your old campaign but with all the new units recruitable halfway through the campaign. Obviously, things like rebel spawns and scripted armies won't be affected, but at least you can start a new campaign free of worries.
    Damn, so still no new Greek or Punic settlements, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecke View Post
    Damn, so still no new Greek or Punic settlements, huh?
    Well I did say "nearly"...

Foederatus

Well I did say "nearly"...
    Fair enough. Really hoping we'll see some other stuff like tweaked siege AI aswell. Still annoying to see the AI completely breaking sometimes and being frozen outside the walls, but I fear that might just be a deep rooted vanilla issue that will never get fixed.

Maybe in Medieval 2 remastered though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecke View Post
    Fair enough. Really hoping we'll see some other stuff like tweaked siege AI aswell. Still annoying to see the AI completely breaking sometimes and being frozen outside the walls, but I fear that might just be a deep rooted vanilla issue that will never get fixed.

Maybe in Medieval 2 remastered though?
    We have M2TW Remastered at home

M2TW Remastered at home: https://github.com/youneuoy/M2TWEOP-library

On a serious note, there is an EBII submod that makes use of the M2TWEOP called Strategikos https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...od-Strategikos . It's such an overhaul of EBII's overhaul that it's probably an entirely separate mod gameplay-wise. The only downside is that it seems to be locked into 2.35, so no new units or features from 2.35a are in it

Foederatus

We have M2TW Remastered at home

M2TW Remastered at home: https://github.com/youneuoy/M2TWEOP-library

On a serious note, there is an EBII submod that makes use of the M2TWEOP called Strategikos https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...od-Strategikos . It's such an overhaul of EBII's overhaul that it's probably an entirely separate mod gameplay-wise. The only downside is that it seems to be locked into 2.35, so no new units or features from 2.35a are in it
    Ah, interesting! I've played with Strategikos previously, so I'm familiar with it. However I didn't know that it was using a modified version of the engine. I suppose that explains why it doesn't play nice with reshade. It's one of the main reasons I opt for vanilla EBII.

Is there possibility to decreas units experience? Family members dies, but men in units live forever. So, I thought about this possibility, to decreas unit exp after 15 and more years.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

There are now 444 units in the development build of EBII (that includes fleets and Client Rulers).

It's getting increasingly difficult to add new units to the EDB, when they don't replace existing ones (either entirely, or phased in by event_counters).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 13, 2022 at 11:56 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    Is there possibility to decreas units experience? Family members dies, but men in units live forever. So, I thought about this possibility, to decreas unit exp after 15 and more years.
    I don't think so. But you may have a home rule not to retrain units, but only merge them. In this case the experience will decrease by itself. Read this post.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Thanks Shoebopp. Some impressive detective work there; not to mention, patience.

We are currently experimenting with a new classification of "dual role" infantry who can both skirmish and hold the battle line. They're line infantry by default, but have more ammo and can be switched to skirmish mode. Unfortunately, only by the human player (the AI never toggles modes), but in the new javelin infantry setup the BAI does seem to use it's missiles more.

We are currently experimenting with a new classification of "dual role" infantry who can both skirmish and hold the battle line. They're line infantry by default, but have more ammo and can be switched to skirmish mode. Unfortunately, only by the human player (the AI never toggles modes), but in the new javelin infantry setup the BAI does seem to use it's missiles more.
    Cool, which units are this type?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Cool, which units are this type?
    The list currently looks like this:
    Nervii Spearmen
    Lake Men
    Komatai Epilektoi
    Galathraikes
    Callaecian Infantry
    Astur-Cantabrian Infantry
    Ligurian Swordsmen
    Northern Arabian Thureophoroi
    Hemithorakitai Peltophoroi
    Indo-Greek Medium Infantry
    Illyrian Light Spearmen
    Anatolian Spearmen
    Uazali
    Kartvelian Warriors
    Western Iranian Archer-Spearmen
    Eastern Iranian Archer-Spearmen
    Iranian Axemen
    Hyrcanian Hillmen
    Sakan Axemen
    Kretan Peltastai

The list currently looks like this:
    Nervii Spearmen
    Lake Men
    Komatai Epilektoi
    Galathraikes
    Callaecian Infantry
    Astur-Cantabrian Infantry
    Ligurian Swordsmen
    Northern Arabian Thureophoroi
    Hemithorakitai Peltophoroi
    Indo-Greek Medium Infantry
    Illyrian Light Spearmen
    Anatolian Spearmen
    Uazali
    Kartvelian Warriors
    Western Iranian Archer-Spearmen
    Eastern Iranian Archer-Spearmen
    Iranian Axemen
    Hyrcanian Hillmen
    Sakan Axemen
    Kretan Peltastai
    Any chance we could see some armored archers with good melee skill like the Cretan Archers or the Armenian Royal Guard added to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by bendsley View Post
    Any chance we could see some armored archers with good melee skill like the Cretan Archers or the Armenian Royal Guard added to the list?
    No, the list is almost entirely javelineers, with the exception of the Iranian Archer-Spearmen. The Kretans are already skirmishers and the Armenian Royal Guard are too heavy to skirmish.

The two main archetypes here are lightly-armoured professionals and highlander/mountaineer/desert raiders.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 24, 2022 at 04:02 PM.

Hi Quintus, is there a rough eta of the next patch that is dropping soon? Because if it's going to be in the next few weeks I'll wait to start a new game until it drops.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quintus I know you and your team don't love me. I didn't know English well and I couldn't say what I wanted. That's why I bothered your team.

But please add my uploaded plate helmets and shields for Kartvelian Warriors and remove Greek type armor.Because Greek helmets, shields and armor were found only in Colchis. No Greek armor and weapons have been found in Iberia.

It would be good if you create - Colchian light warrior with Paphlagonian leather helmets, Flax and Furry leather armor, round small leather shields, Two javelins, Colchian knives and Colchian axes. Colchian light Spearmen version would be good with a long leather shield and a short spear. I want to mention that - Hellenistic Colchian Hoplites are very good in the game.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-and-Others%29

goodbye
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 26, 2022 at 06:29 AM.