Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

Loving the patch, was having tons of fun with my seleucid campaign but its no issue if i have to restart it. Should i wait then for the pergamon emergence fix patch?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Campidoctor

Ouch, my heart. I'm in too deep already to restart (even if it's only 45 turns, it's been dozens of hours and emotional attachment to awesome battles and events). Guess I'm keeping Pergamon alive by hook or by crook in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I also found out that Lougiones player loose pomeranian units after 200 bc reform. But what I found out about the pomeranian recruitment is that prior to the 200 bc reform a player cannot recruit pomeranian calvalry but only if the player builds allied Ologarchy as you mentioned so basically meaning that that a player cannot recruit pomeranian cavalry with his faction government buildings prior to 200 bc reform and after that reform a player cannot recruit that particular cavalry unit.. Intentional?
    Intentional, it's an unfortunate timing clash. They disappear with the reform, but the Lugiones don't have a government that can recruit them until after.

Is there any command : how to add additional units to settlements? I don t know any..
    In the console:

create_unit [Settlementname] "[UnitName] 1 0 0 0"

Also those new Lugian swordsmen that appear after the 200 bc reform are only available to recruit from Lugidunon and Kalisia? i only encountered them in those two settlements.
    Yep, those are the only two places the late ones are available. Mateliludis goes Germanic with the reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Loving the patch, was having tons of fun with my seleucid campaign but its no issue if i have to restart it. Should i wait then for the pergamon emergence fix patch?
    Carry on for now, checking on some other things before issuing the R2 patch that should close it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Ouch, my heart. I'm in too deep already to restart (even if it's only 45 turns, it's been dozens of hours and emotional attachment to awesome battles and events). Guess I'm keeping Pergamon alive by hook or by crook in this world!
    That's all you can do for now.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That's all you can do for now.
    Does that imply a possible save game compatible fix for that particular issue? Or am I desperately clutching at straws in the face of a crumbling dream

Does that imply a possible save game compatible fix for that particular issue? Or am I desperately clutching at straws in the face of a crumbling dream
    I'm afraid not, the script is compiled at the start of the game, it can only be fixed with a new campaign.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Is there any command : how to add additional units to settlements? I don t know any..
    I believe it goes like this:
    Code:
    create_unit Pergamon "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 2 0
    (note: adds two Hoplitai with zero experience, for example)
    If you want to check what additional units you can add, look out for the "type" code in the "export_descr_unit.txt" file in the data folder

Campidoctor

Is there perhaps any way to disable the faction reemergence script? Either through console or file editing...

Is there perhaps any way to disable the faction reemergence script? Either through console or file editing...
    No, for the same reason changes aren't savegame compatible. The script is compiled when the campaign is started, it can't be changed after that in a live game.

Nor can you disable only a part of it (which is what the faction re-emergence script is).

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    I believe it goes like this:
    Code:
    create_unit Pergamon "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 2 0
    (note: adds two Hoplitai with zero experience, for example)
    If you want to check what additional units you can add, look out for the "type" code in the "export_descr_unit.txt" file in the data folder
    If you want other units it may be easier to look the unit type name on the recruitment viewer up

Playing as Romani, I recruited two additional raiding fleets, but I cannot merge them. Is this intended behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by saileille View Post
    Playing as Romani, I recruited two additional raiding fleets, but I cannot merge them. Is this intended behaviour?
    Nevermind, found it answered here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...erging-Fleets)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the help guys, started a new Pergamon campaign lol. Actually never played them before lol. It s a nasty thing coding that is. One can make a slight mistake or fall a sleep and then the script does not read the code correctly and then the whole operation callapses. And finding those slight mistakes is the hardest part when one has so many code lines to go through.. So it s best if we find any inconsistencies now before this new patch since it will override the script aand current campaigns..
    Last edited by bordinis; April 12, 2021 at 03:44 AM.

Campidoctor

Thanks for the help guys, started a new Pergamon campaign lol. Actually never plated them before lol.
    If you can't beat them, be them!

Pergamon they have OP location and units! Much better than my lugian barbarians running with trousers!

Pergamon they have OP location and units! Much better than my lugian barbarians running with trousers!
    Though you start with depleted unit pools and have to hire mercs if you want professionals to fill out your line.

Oh, one thing I totally forgot to mention - the new unified unit cards! Lots of units' icons are now done in the same style/aspect and it improves the game experience so much lol. Great job to whoever decided to make that a priority

The really powerfull thing is the cavalry selection with Pergamon. So many lancers that win battles easy. Also when galatians come and raid? I got Ankyra under my control.

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Oh, one thing I totally forgot to mention - the new unified unit cards! Lots of units' icons are now done in the same style/aspect and it improves the game experience so much lol. Great job to whoever decided to make that a priority
    You can thank @Assurancetourix for that! He joined the team some time ago and worked on those for us.

Yeah unit cards are really pretty this time arround. The only coplaints I have are the music for barbaric factions. It s still arround for so many years. I think something calmer and more composed than brrrrrr bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzz all the time would be better lol. Also my dislike is always with every mod i Play is that moders not giving armour-piercing for all the axemen, sica, scythes for units. For example those "basternai draugai" look like a cool unit and judging by description they and weapon they use they should have " fast moving " and armour-piercing lol. Anyway EB 2 was always weird on those regards.

Regarding the barbarian music, its been an issue for me since the very first release of the mod. It is very easy to create a new mix from the current songs, just go at descr_sounds_music, to the barbarian section, and change up the TENSION, MOBILIZE, BATTLE sections for battle, and STRATMAP_summer and STRATMAP_winter for campaign (after the change i think you gotta delete the sound files as suggested in the installation of this patch too, iirc). The main culprits (outside of some anachronistic "celtic" music from the 0 A.D game that seems to be removed in this version from the barbarians at least) is barbbattle 18, barbbattle 11, barbattle long 1, barbbattle long 2. Which is sad because there are a lot of great other tracks already in the mod (a great one for the campaign, OTN7, is in the files but currently unused, for example). This is the mix that i had done a few versions ago:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;;; BAttlE MAP

state MUSIC_BATTLE_TENSION
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Tension.mp3
    Barb_OTN7.mp3
    Barb_PIM1.mp3
    BarbBattle34.mp3
    Barb_PIM9.mp3
    BarbBattle43.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_MOBILIZE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Mobilize2.mp3
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Theme.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Barbarian_Battle_Theme2.mp3
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    BarbBattle34.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Battle_Theme2.mp3
    BarbBattle43.mp3
    Barb_OTN4.mp3
    BarbBattle3.mp3
    Barb_PIM1.mp3
    Barb_PIM9.mp3
    Barb_OTN7.mp3
    end

;;; BATTLE MAP RESULT

state MUSIC_RESULT_WIN_CLOSE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Victory.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_WIN_AVERAGE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Victory.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_WIN_CRUSHING
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Victory.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_LOSE_CLOSE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Defeat.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_LOSE_AVERAGE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Defeat.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_LOSE_CRUSHING
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Defeat.mp3
    end
    state MUSIC_RESULT_DRAW
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Defeat.mp3
    end

;;; CAMPMAP

state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER
    event delay 5
    folder data/sounds/music
    Barb_OTN4.mp3
    Barb_OTN7.mp3
    Barb_CNH45.mp3
    Barb_PIM9.mp3
    Barb_CNH43.mp3
    EB_Barbarian_Theme.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_STRATMAP_WINTER
    event delay 5
    folder data/sounds/music
    EB_Barbarian_Theme.mp3
    Barb_OTN4.mp3
    Barb_PIM9.mp3
    Barb_CNH45.mp3
    Barb_OTN7.mp3
    Barb_CNH43.mp3

Usually i change up for whatever faction i am playing. Bactria Prevails is my favorite track for the hellenistic factions, so i add it up to all of them.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR